As some of you no doubt remember, nearly seven years ago, Backbeat published my book Jambands. The book came with a CD that collected tracks from six of the bands featured in the pages: moe., The Disco Biscuits, Assembly of Dust, Jazz Mandolin Project, The Motet and Mr. Keller Williams. I was always real psyched that these artists were willing to lend a hand (okay multiple hands) in sharing their music. While discussing an altogether different topic with one of these folks a week or two ago, I was reminded of the disc. So I found a copy of the book, pulled the CD out of its sleeve and played the heck out of it for a few days.
Then it dawned on me. One of the wonderful features of our new Relix site is the branded audio player. So, I finally took the initiative and uploaded the music from Jambands: The Complete Guide to the Players, Music, and Scene onto Relix.com. Why not stop by and check out the stream?
Here is a glance at the track listings:
1. moe. “Moth” drawn from L version 3.1
2. The Disco Biscuits “7-11”/“Mulberry’s Dream”- Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA 12/31/02 (also appears on TranceFusionRadio Broadcast 3 )
3. Assembly of Dust “Speculator”- Webster Theater, Hartford, CT 7/13/02,
4. Jazz Mandolin Project “Nozanina”- Jam Nation 3/3/03
5. The Motet “Cheap Shit”- Fox Theatre, Boulder, CO 6/6/03
6. Keller Williams “Breathe”- Jam Nation 4/21/03
later days and peace,
P.S. Wow, has it really been seven years since my last book? In the intervening period I did direct the Wetlands film and welcome a second child into the world even as the pace accelerated with Jambands, Relix and The Jammys but heck, I’m due, no? Stay tuned…