Published: 2009/12/02

Sing Phish Happy Birthday

Above: The first Phish gig. Photo by Rob Florence. From www.phish.com

Phish will celebrate the 26th anniversary of its first show at New York’s Madison Square Garden this evening. While it remains to be seen if the band will do anything to mark the occasion, a group of fans on PhantasyTour and Phish.net are organizing a sing-along version of Happy Birthday to the band. The fans will sing the famed birthday song as soon as the lights go down before the band’s first set.

The members of Phish played their first show together as Blackwood Convention in the Harris-Millis Cafeteria of the University of Vermont. For many years the group believed its first show took place on October 30, 1983, though research around the first edition of The Phish Companion revealed otherwise.

Comments

Jimbo Slice August 9, 2012, 01:52:21

Is that really a photo from the first gig? Trey looks a lot different than in the videos from ’87 when he had long hair

Crisis Management Software March 24, 2011, 02:38:55

The sounds of birds in the forests is based on the practice of group improvisation and acting as a Phish jam. Combine elements recalls Dave Matthews Band lyrics similar to that of Joni Mitchell’s jazz influenced harmonies.
Crisis Management Software

Crisis Management Software March 24, 2011, 02:40:09

Crisis Management Software

Crisis Management Software March 24, 2011, 02:41:30

[url=http://www.aimediacomms.com/
]Crisis Management Software[/url]

www.Acnebook.Net December 25, 2011, 22:39:53

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I to find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to present one thing back and aid others like you helped me. www.Acnebook.Net

Tour Vaishno Devi January 12, 2012, 04:24:16

hello!,I love your writing very much! percentage we communicate extra about your article on AOL? I need an expert on this house to resolve my problem. May be that’s you! Having a look forward to look you.

Tour Vaishno Devi January 12, 2012, 04:24:48