Published: 2010/10/11

The Warren Haynes Band, Steve Miller Band, Gregg Allman and Umphrey’s McGee Confirmed for Christmas Jam

Christmas Jam will host the debut performance by The Warren Haynes Band, as well as appearances by Steve Miller Band, Gregg Allman and Umphrey’s McGee. The 22nd annual event will take place at Asheville, NC’s Asheville Civic Center on Saturday, December 11.

Other confirmed acts include: Dirty Dozen Brass Band, John Bell and JoJo Hermann of Widespread Panic and Drive-By Truckers, among others. A Pre-Jam will once again take place at Asheville, NC’s Orange Peel on December 10. Christmas Jam has raised nearly one million dollars to benefit Habitat for Humanity and built 15 houses for those in need since 1999.

The Warren Haynes Band is expected to focus on material from Haynes’ forthcoming soul release (look for a interview with Haynes on the album in the November issue of Relix). The record was recorded in Austin around the time Gov’t Mule recorded By a Thread.

There will be a 2-Day Pre-Sale through Christmas Jam Ticketing beginning this Thursday October 14 at Noon EDT and running until Friday October 15t at 8pm EDT, while supplies last. During the Pre-Sale, Christmas Jam will offer a limited number of 4-Pack Tickets, where fans will be able to save $10 per ticket when purchasing 4.

THE INITIAL LINE-UP:

The Steve Miller Band
The Debut Of The Warren Haynes Band
Gregg Allman
John Bell of Widespread Panic
John “Jojo” Hermann of Widespread Panic
Drive-By Truckers
Umphrey’s McGee
The Dirty Dozen Brass Band

Comments

Jeff Harrison October 19, 2010, 09:22:07

Warren, can’t wait to hear the new band and music!!! Come to Roanoke (again)!!!
Jeff, P.S. You signed my left handed LP in Winston-Salem on the third floor of the Plaza !!! Thanks for all your music…....

brandon jackson November 14, 2010, 21:48:27

hey warren i have been catching your shows for years 12 of gov mule and 18 abb to b exact i am from roanoke,va.you and allen signed a shirt at the top rail in salem,va about 10 years ago i still have it an i never wore again.was wondering if i could get u to sign my les paul sometime in the future?

Kathy January 17, 2011, 15:49:36

The Warren Haynes Band. Maybe u guys can get some respect now since no one seemed to know what a Govt. Mule was. I will keep wearing my hoodie to concerts though so u know I have been following since 2004 in NM and CA. Mule.net is what now?

Milt January 28, 2011, 23:37:11

Warren I think you should get back to the guitar playing man I used to pay good money to see 2 or 3 times a year. Now it seems like you don’t want to play the instrument you are famous for. C’mon get back into playing youe guitar so I can start coming out to see you again. To hell with the Gospel band or whatever you are doing now.I waited for the new cd,bought it and gave it away. I used to brag to other people about you and I even recruited a few of my friends to come see Mule but I can’t do it anymore. Seems to me that a Mule show now is more like a Dead show and I never liked The Dead. So strap on the Gibson’s and start rockin again or I may have seen my last Mule show.

Rick February 17, 2011, 00:49:21

Warren THANKS for all you (ALL of it) from Habitat for Humanity to playing sooooo much music. Keep it coming, have fun and play what YOU want, what makes YOU happy – you deserve it, you are the Real Thing!!!

Slide February 22, 2012, 11:45:53

Milt, you are dick. Warren still shreds regardless of what line up he is in. You must not be a musician. We grow as artists etc. You think Jagger and Richards want to play Jumping Jack flash? You knucklehead! Stay drunk, and keep going to the bars to watch cover bands play Tom Petty, you nimrod!