Published: 2011/02/10

Keith Richards’ Life Allegedly Halts Rolling Stones’ Tour

Keith Richards’ jabs at Mick Jagger in his new memoir Life may hamper the Rolling Stones’ 2011 tour plans, according to the newspaper The Daily Mirror.

“Mick read Keith’s book before publication and didn’t have any great problem with it,” an article in the paper states. “It was the fact that it was all dredged up in the interview afterwards that really upset him. Many believe this is the real reason why talks in relation to the tour have broken down.” As the article states, Richards describes Jagger as “unbearable to work with” and goes on to say that his former girlfriend Marianne Faithfull had “no fun with his tiny todger.”

Fans and industry insiders alike expected the Rolling Stones to tour in 2011 and even play some of the major US festivals. As of press time the Stones have no confirmed plans, though Jagger will perform at the Grammys for the first time in his storied career this coming Sunday. The singer will pay tribute to the late soul legend Solomon Burke.

Comments

Skarkin'allover June 20, 2011, 02:59:16

Keith Richards book was executed by Mick and he done the self deprecating of himself for publicity and to make the book slightly interesting because in Mick’s ego mind he’s the most interesting part of the book. Keith was encouraged by Sir Mick and percentage profit for Mick at the end. It must be hard for Keith to pretend he’s anything other then what he is i.e. A genuine rock star forced into unsuitable clothes for him at least to promote the book Life. Hope he can relax back into his real persona real soon – a little wiser, something of a miser “just like a rolling stone…”.

Francesco Rizzuto February 27, 2011, 01:41:42

Keith! Man what a great book! I would not have expected anything else or less. Everyone I know from all backgrounds that read the book LOVED it. The whole reason I started playing Fender Telecasters is because of Keith, 40 years later I’m still listening to the Stones and playing Telecasters lol. I hope to see you guys on tour soon, I really need a live Stones fix. I hope the Stones go on forever. God bless you and your family Keith, see you on the road somewhere. PS-Who needs 6 strings anyway! Cheers, Francesco

kalm February 15, 2011, 10:57:08

Dan Barcode obviously wasn’t blessed with a sense of how to market his art…you’re trying too hard and write like you’re on drugs.

Mr jimmy February 15, 2011, 19:58:43

Love the stones BUT, don’t they ALWAYS start some drama before they announce a tour? Just sayin’ maybe some promotional thing…again?

Jim February 15, 2011, 19:07:41

Dan Barcan – you are a tool and Keith does not know you – please don’t envoke his name as if you do. If your music is any good it will be heard without pretending to know Keith

Dan Barcan February 15, 2011, 19:43:56

Thank you all very much and once a-gain i must gentile say that i truly appreciate your continued support and rock n roll hall of fame gone wild superior gone all genitills gone south on my non black tuckus…Thanks a-gain and i love you all no joke…Peace and may the gentile force be wit u all and may continue to prosper in the big booage department of soul..Thanks..Dan“The Gentile” Barcan

lgMexpessur---Hey D.B. Sodd off... February 15, 2011, 19:55:14

OK…I will confess to you all..Sometimes i feel just like…well i mean… sort of well… kind of like ...oh well…like a little bit like..possible even barely like …a gentile smudging smudget of a like-minded extremely large oppressed germanic style woman…signed sincerely… igM expessUr(My secret code name on here…or so they tell me to type these letters like this to send aka captcha…)

JDsept February 10, 2011, 06:40:11

Having read the book and thinking it might be best book ever by musican about his life, I thought it did quite well towards Jagger. It told of a few negative sides of Mick, but anybody you have been close with as long as those two have, you are going to know their good and bad points. Keith praised Micks showmanship and that Mick did run the money when Keith was not capable of being involved.

GregH77 February 10, 2011, 12:45:15

I thought Life was one of the best books by a musician I’ve ever read. The fact that it was by someone like Keith Richards makes it one of my fave books, period. For every slight he made against Mick, he was positive two more times. The press has blown all of it up into a big fight. Those two arguing is not fresh news.

richard February 10, 2011, 16:11:24

Same old Stones.

DAN BARCAN-SINGER SONGWRITER)CHECK ME OUT ON YOUTUBE AND MYSPACE February 10, 2011, 18:36:52

HELLO ALL ...AND KEITH... A WARM HELLO TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY..HOW HAVE YOU BEEN BROTHER...LONG TIME...ANYWAYS I HAVENT READ THE BOOK YET..MICK HAS ADVICED ME NOT TOO HAHA J/K… BUT I’M SURE IT DOES YOU JUSTICE KEITH AND SPEAKS THE TRUTH AT LEAST IN PART AND MICK IS VERY COOL ALSO AND I KNOW IN YOUR HEART YOU DIDNT MEAN NO BAD WILL TOWARDS HIM....SO THE ROLLING STONES WIL ROCK A-GAIN AND I;M SURE IT WILL BE SOONER THAN LATER OR EVEN BY NOW IF YOUR JUST READING THIS NOW...SO ROCK ON KEITH KEEP UP THE COOL AND NICE WORK BROTHER GIVE JOHNNY DEPP MY REGARDS ALSO AS WELL AS YOUR FAMILY AND AS WELL AS MICK,RONNIE AND CHARLIE AND THE REST OF THE GUYS YOU PLAY WITH SOLO AND OTHER...MAY PEACE BE WITH U BROTHER KEITH AND MAY YOU OR SHALL I SAY... AND YOU WERE LUCKY TO GET A PRIME PIECE OF REAL ESTATE AKA FEMALE AZZ IN YOUR LIFE..PATTI IN HER DAY AND EVEN NOW... DAMMMN YOU DID WELL FOR YOURSELF KEITH AND MAY YOU ROCK ON LIVE FOREVER AND ALWAYS BE WELL,HAPPY AND HEALTHY,SPIRITUALLY AND IN OTHER MORTAL AND IMMORTAL WAYS-WHAT THAT MEANS I HAVENT A CLUE-BUT STAY COOL STAY STRONG AND MOST OF ALL STAY KEITH RICHARDS(AKA NOT RENEE RICHARDS-DONT EVER BE RENEE JUZ KEITH HAHA...PEACE BROTHER..ROCK ON!..SINCERELY-DAN BARCAN-SINGER-SONGWRITER-ROCK-POP-FOLK-BLUES-COUNTRY ARTIST AND COMEDY WRITER/PERFORMER TO BOOT...

DAN BARCAN February 10, 2011, 18:49:42

My email is bestbergenone@yahoo.com and please feel free to enjoy and view my off the cuff fun type performances on youtube and myspace or google or yahoo or bing me up scotti——sincerely-Dan Barcan…P.S. Mick(Jagger) i can’t believe you have a small wah doodle as Keith said about you and Mary Ann Non Faith-Full in his book…Here it is i thought you were quite the superstud gone wild rock star and yet your quite possible a lame- azz sphinx-meister gone limp…But its all good and what ever floats your gentile boats out dare…dammmn sh-t gotta run like a perverted nun wit a sexy azz bun..Have fun all and keep it real..rock on keith(and mick,charlie,ronnie)...mick your lucky i aint gay or even bi or for if i was then for you would be my biotch by now haha…joking actually about being the biotch part( i would be the biotch)...But Rock On All!!!...db…

Cloudy Knight February 13, 2011, 12:38:11

After skimming DAN BARCAN’s bullshit posts I can tell you definitively that I will NEVER, EVER look him up on anything. Dude, you are a tool of the highest magnitude. Please stay off these message boards.

DAN BARCAN February 13, 2011, 15:39:09

THANK YOU CLOUDY KNIGHT FOR YOUR WARM WORDS AND THOUGHTS OF/AND SWEET INSPIRATION...DAN BARCAN