The Roots’ Ahmir “?uestlove” Thompson will host a cook-off and private dinner at Vintage wine bar and bistro this Sunday, April 3 in his hometown of Philadelphia, PA. This dinner is the first in a series of new food ventures ?uestlove is launching. Sunday’s cook-off event will treat 25 guests to a five course, family style dinner prepared by nine hand-selected chefs. The chefs will compete against each other with one hour to shop for ingredients at South Street’s Whole Foods Market and three hours to prep and serve their dishes. In addition to their creative family style meals, chefs will also have to include the signature dish of the evening, ?uestlove’s drumsticks. The winner of the cook-off will have the honor of cooking for The Roots backstage at their 4th annual Roots Picnic on Saturday, June 4th at Festival Pier in Philadelphia.
Fans can follow the culinary action unfold all day via ?uestlove’s live Tweets. The Roots drummer will DJ at Brooklyn Bowl tonight.
Chefs competing at the cook off:
• Kenny Bush – Philadelphia, PA
• Nick Wilson – Fitchburg, MA
• Scott Shroeder – Philadelphia, PA
• Elita B – New York City, NY
• Clara Park – Philadelphia, PA
• Jennifer Zavala – Philadelphia, PA
• Anthony Leo – Philadelphia, PA
• Brian Tucker – Philadelphia, PA
• Eric Paraskevas – State College, PA