Published: 2011/04/04

Grace Potter Revisits Phish’s St. Michael’s Set

On Saturday night at St. Michael’s College in Vermont, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals quoted “Tweezer” as a tribute to Phish. The nod to the Vermont quartet took place during “Nothing but the Water,” in the same venue that hosted Phish’s much-loved, and recently released, performance from November 19, 1992. Potter, who is a Vermont native, grew up attending Phish shows and has sat-in with members of the band in the past. Her next performance will take place on April 9 at Bonjangles Coliseum in Charlotte, NC where she will be supporting The Avett Brothers. Be sure to check out Grace Potter and the Nocturnals recent performance of “Paris” live at the Relix office.

Comments

me April 4, 2011, 14:58:53

11/19/1992 was one of my first shows… still remember hearing Maze for the first time there, and thinking Trey was singing “Freaking out on Speed” during “Never get out of this Maze”... Gordon Stone on steel pedal and my first time hearing Bold as Love…

me too April 4, 2011, 15:16:12

first time i saw “maze”, i thought trey was singing “livin’ in outerspace”.... maybe he was lol

Cleeet April 4, 2011, 17:07:05

Someone quoting Tweezer in a jam is considered news here? I’ll be sure to let you know next time my band does.

Cleeet April 4, 2011, 17:08:08

Someone quoting Tweezer in a jam warrants a news item here? I’ll be sure to let you know the next time my band does.

Helen April 4, 2011, 17:23:07

Interesting, because she talked about how much she and Scott HATED all jam bands at one point…

Joe April 4, 2011, 17:48:44

I just sat through a hackneyed Tina Turner impersonation with a band full of retro-image automatons just to hear a Tweezer tease…hmmm.. I need a life

Jeff April 4, 2011, 19:35:13

The comments here are ridiculous. Nobody cares about you or your band cleeet, and for the rest of you, why do you have to be angry about this? What is wrong with you?

amy April 5, 2011, 09:08:29

Helen, where and when did you hear that comment?? pretty sure you made it up. Grace and Scott have never and would never say they hate all jam bands. get your facts straight before you start typing lies.

Cleeet April 5, 2011, 11:56:10

Hey Jeff, Love you too. But since you’re apparently sarcasm-impaired, that was my POINT ... no one cares if some band played a Tweezer tease, even if they’re popular. This is not news, even on jambands.com

CircleLimit April 5, 2011, 13:56:26

GP is hot, fairly talented, and knows how to work it. I just feel bad for her boyfriend/drummer. At some point, she WILL upgrade. Oh, and the Tweezer tease is a B-.

Ally B April 7, 2011, 10:38:53

I always hate coming across something sweet on the internet and then scrolling down only to see pointless rude comments. And Grace will stay true to her sexy vermont drummer boy! This show was sick and to be there was the coolest thing ever!

dc April 15, 2011, 09:12:45

aaahhh…the beauty of the interweb…...