Published: 2011/06/03

Furthur BOWLcast on Tuesday

Tonight Furthur opens the first of two shows at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA. The group will follow this up on Tuesday with a live webcast from Bob Weir’s new TRI Studios. Music will begin at 6 PM Pacific, with the concert priced at $19.95. New York based fans might wish to congregate at Brooklyn Bowl on that evening. There a Furthur BOWLcast will take place, presenting the live simulcast from TRI.

Comments

JKuss80 June 3, 2011, 22:48:05

$20 to watch a webcast? These dudes love money.

jamcam June 4, 2011, 10:41:16

The sound and video quality from Bob’s studio is amazing. I bet it will sound incredible at BB.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ June 4, 2011, 10:46:29

more money for the leftover dudes of the GD, as if the high ticket prices are not making you wealthy already

bgreen420 June 5, 2011, 01:13:06

What are these cats doing with all the $$$ they have made over the last 45 years of making music? I know it pays to live in Marin, & I am sure the studio cost a pretty penny to turn dream into reality, but come on, if you are going to charge for Deadicated fans to watch future webcasts, at least get all the kinks out first. I know so many folks who have bada$$ servers & top of the line computers, top of the line cable internet connections, and they had to stop watching the last one before Wavy’s party because the buffering was all jacked up, the sound, and video feed were not in synch. By all means, have people pay to offset the cost to put the magic over, but don’t come at us sideways and expect people to be happy with a $20 buy while they spend a better portion of 3 hours trying to figure out why the heck the feed ain’t flying straight. Props to the idea, but what we are 2 weeks out from the last one, which was sick mind you, but I know people who were beating the side of their whatever because the feed was all jacked up. Eventually they just turned it off. So, the idea’s cool, but if you have paying custies now, make sure the feed flies straight otherwise your moment of glory will crash and burn as quickly as it came. Good Luck with your new project, Bob, and go Furthur. Last night’s Playin>UJB>Dew>UJB>Playin’ was sick.

bgreen420 June 5, 2011, 01:18:12

Plus, I have ticket stubs from ’89 that have $20 on them, to see the Grateful Dead, live. O, well, times have changed.

Joe June 5, 2011, 13:13:32

I just watched mountain jam for free the last 3 days! Why would you pay 20 buck’s to watch a band play songs from a band that no longer exist. At least get a guitarest that does’nt try to sound like Jerry note for note. I mean creat your own style ! Jerry was great but he was just one of many great guitarests.Come on be your own man!

adks12020 June 5, 2011, 15:20:21

Joe you have no idea what you are talking about…listen to Furthur with unbiased ears and tell me he is trying to copy Jerry note for note…if you say he is you either dont know anything about music or are lying to prove a point…yes, Furthur plays Grateful Dead songs but the jams and arrangements sound nothing like the Dead. As for the 20 bucks…thats pretty bunk..I’ll wait until Jones Beach to see them live.

Iamkgb June 5, 2011, 16:07:22

Wow love all the people complaining about paying for a webcast considering you can download almost every Grateful Dead, Furthur, Ratdog, etc show that has ever been recorded for free and it has always been that way and since most shows cost 60 plus dollars anytime to be there in person, I really don’t think 20 is a huge donation to ask for.

Bob June 5, 2011, 19:40:30

I know a bunch of us are on the fence on this but come Tuesday night how many will be left on it? I think $20 is a bit much unless it comes with a free download. The other option is to watch with a friend(s) and split the cost. The more the merrier and it will feel more like a show. BTW, the reshowing of the Grateful Dead movie in the theater was $12 in comparison and probably much better sound and video quality.

Paul June 5, 2011, 23:01:23

Realy $20 to watch on my computer screen. Oh I forgot I have a MAC so this new technology does not work on my computer! They,re right with all the sales of thier live music ( Dick,s picks, On the road series and I already pre- ordered Europe72, which I can,t wait for) why charge the fans so much? After all we are the ones paying the bills.
But just think how Bob has just changed the industry, now he can play concerts, charge full price and not have to leave his house!
What ever happen to the music being for the fans. It’s in the air It’s free. You can have it after I’m done with it. NOW FOR ONLY $19.99!

mattk June 6, 2011, 09:08:23

what the hell people, you are a bunch of nit-wits!
did it ever occur to you that Bobby has to pay employees to run that studio. just enjoy the music and stop your bitching about a lousy twenty bucks!

Patricia June 6, 2011, 14:21:54

After being on the road for 3 days and 2 great shows…. Missing my kids… It will be nice to have a live show playing on my HDTV in my living room being the kids and cleaning up the house alittle after being away. What a better way of spending a Tuesday night all for 20 bucks…

Bob June 7, 2011, 14:48:57

I went down to the crossroads and the devil caught me there, took my $20 and vanished in the air

Jpoth June 7, 2011, 20:39:48

Unbelievable the amount of clueless idiots on parade posting here… Go bury your heads in the sand.

Doug June 8, 2011, 20:57:42

If you dont think $19.95 is reasonable, shut up and don’t sign up. It’s more bandwidth for me! Better yet, come over to my house and watch…I wont charge you a dime. I have a Mac, and it worked just fine for most of the event, streamed through my HDTV and home stereo, it was loud, crisp, and just like being there. I had a blast. Thanks Furthur!

Jeff Larsen June 9, 2011, 01:40:33

Yeah – stop bitching, if you dont wanna pay then stop complaining. It was awesome and I will pay 20 again and 20 more for all the complainers to go away.

Jeff Larsen June 9, 2011, 01:40:37

$$$$$$$$$4 June 9, 2011, 15:54:43

this is stupid.

Hana June 11, 2011, 19:12:24

Ok- watched the tri – cast. Getting to see & hear the band up close was cool. But JK is the weakest link. He can’t play out- he’s a copy cat – he’s got the tone down, but he seriously can’t come up with any interesting musical voyages. And omg, what is up with that strained look on his face as he tries to imitate Jerry’s voice = just cheesey. Oh and Russo is good drummer but he’s plays so safe & predictable. Furthur = GD cover band that plays GD soft. BTW- web cast just went out again…

mark June 12, 2011, 01:59:32

Wah wah wah. I haven’t heard this much crying since my kids were 3!!! Some of us people actually like music ( anyway we can get it!). Me, I think you get what you pay for. You want free, go to the library. At least we can enjoy what is out there from anywhere we happen to be. No gas $, No cops, No traffic, & NO complainers trying to belittle any one who is trying to have fun! Oh no, John sounds like Jerry! How awful! To finally have a line up that gels together instead of tripping over each other. No one “trying” to fill the big guys shoes. (Trying but NEVER quite getting it). So much to cry about… boo hoo… You guys turn my stomach!! What happened to stranger stopping stranger…

Noodls2u June 14, 2011, 02:46:19

I am ciked to share this with my musically inclined youngster. any freezes or pixelating, when that happens, nods his head in anticipation of more sound, the pondering look on his face says it all … for him a perfect light show! Once the technology gels, cable co’s will wake up- PPV HD music will be from 2.99 – 25+ bucks a download and you KEEP a copy protect cloud stored show w mp3’s to library (it has to be folks), A package sold direct from the band with less limits if they want to follow the GD’s industry changing ways (props to SCI Fidelity, too) will be another model. Oh, and Furthur sounds great, its not the Dead, Phil is on Fire, and to me, the indoor shows remind me of a speak easy themed psychedelic jazzclub. thanks for playing.

jedi70 June 14, 2011, 13:13:59

everytime you see a show they should give you a free download of the show,like phish does,and 20 bucks is alot for some of us,were all not loaded like u people in california are,plus i supported the band for 25 years,and only to get backstage once and they made me feel uncomfertable,thanks alot,but i still love the music,and keep with furthur..just sayin..