Published: 2011/06/22

Smells Like Fancy Ketchup

Fancy Ketchup is a comedic band featuring Tea Leaf Green guitarist Josh Clark and drummer Scott Rager along with bassist/vocalist Christopher Rager and vocalist Brian Jones. As the band explains, “A thematic departure from what fans have come to expect of Tea Leaf Green, the music of Fancy Ketchup utilizes the rock genre for political, religious, and social satire in a manner akin to predecessors like Frank Zappa, Spinal Tap and Tenacious D.” The group recently completed its first studio effort Fancy Ketchup, which is now available online. The album also features contributions from Tea Leaf Green members Trevor Garrod and Cochrane McMillan, among others.

Comments

Rory June 22, 2011, 12:24:18

The songs are incredible. Polished and genius. Also, the video for “Baby Dick” is the funniest thing I’ve seen in 2011. Watch the whole thing. “Al-Qaeda Girls” is also genius. Enjoy.

gary June 22, 2011, 13:52:33

Funniest stuff I’ve heard in a long time. Rory is right, watch Baby Dick video all the way through, it comes together brilliantly at the end. On par with any comedic music out there right now.

Rachael June 22, 2011, 15:44:48

I’ve been addicted to ‘Whore Hut’ lately. Whenever I need to get pumped up I put on this song. Then I just have to listen to the rest of the album!

Ian June 22, 2011, 20:13:57

Here’s a link to the video. Hilarious.

Chables August 29, 2011, 15:47:12

These guys are ripping off a band (My old band, actually) called THE Fancy Ketchup. We started in 2006 and still make Youtube videos. Our primary influences are Tenacious D and Spinal Tap. Coincidence? No. Fuck these frauds.

Ian September 16, 2011, 13:10:28

Chables, I seriously doubt if these guys are ripping you off. The name is a coincidence, I’m sure; as it’s an ironic moniker, it makes sense that people with similar sensibilities would find the expression funny. As far as I know, these guys first put out a demo in 2004, so chill out.

Jack April 15, 2012, 15:52:17

I did the “Pepsi Challenge” with FK and THE FK. This FK is way better than the “THE.” Better lyrics, musicianship, etc. And to be clear, this is not fraud nor stealing. This is not a competition, there is plenty of room for similar ideas and concepts, its a free market. And to claim fraud is immature and silly, and this is why you do not succeed. And I think “THE” FK should change your name to The New Originals.

Sarah April 22, 2012, 01:38:14

Check out Sam Woo on Broadway in Chinatown I’m pretty sure that they serve that dish, only there it’s celald something like Honey Walnut Shrimp. Shouldn’t be too hard to find at most places that serve Hong Kong-style food.