Published: 2011/07/18

Gregg Allman and Dickey Betts Revisit At Fillmore East on InTheStudio

The syndicated radio show InTheStudio will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Allman Brothers Band’s landmark Live at Fillmore East recording this week. Show producer and host Redbeard revisits the live album through separate interviews with Gregg Allman and Dickey Betts. “The Fillmore East was everybody’s favorite gig to play,” Betts tells the host. “It was the Carnegie Hall of Rock’ n Roll.” Allman agrees: “It was a real status thing to play there and you got like a real select crowd when you played there.”

The episode of InTheStudio will air on over 50 radio stations from now until July 24. Please click here to find a local station.

Comments

jp July 19, 2011, 09:33:51

the title of this news article almost gave me a heart attack.

Tom July 19, 2011, 10:33:08

That was one hell of a tease headline!

Adam July 19, 2011, 10:37:54

Be careful, these headlines are hazardous to fans health, I was literally praying that they did the interview together

Wesley July 19, 2011, 11:28:58

Hook, line and sinkered me. Well played.

kip July 19, 2011, 14:29:41

I agree, I freaked and thought, “is it possible”.

Bert July 19, 2011, 17:29:26

I just listened to the interview. Gregg & Dickey are having the conversation together. I don’t believe it is a current interview…but I could be wrong.
Click on the above link “Please click here to find a local station” then click on “find out more about this week’s show” then when that page opens, “Listen to Preview” and you can listen to the interview.

G July 20, 2011, 10:49:40

The headline for this is completely misleading! As an ABB fan I think everyone is wishing Dickey and ABB can patch things up. But listening to this it sounds like they are both in the studio together. Anyway, it got my attention.

rog July 21, 2011, 22:24:29

they’re in there together, but its a old interview. dickey mentions stevie ray vaughn in present tense, so it had to be before he’d died. they aren’t discussing the “40th anniversary,” just playing the fillmore & recording the album. very cool though.

kel May 16, 2012, 13:10:00

Gregg great job on conan. man you are a blessing. thanks for sharing your life,