Published: 2011/09/02

Zac Brown Band Welcomes Warren Haynes Band, My Morning Jacket, Brett Dennen to Southern Ground Music & Food Festival

Zac Brown Band will host a new three day event in October. The Southern Ground Music & Food Festival will take place on October 21-23 at Blackbaud Stadium on Daniel Island in Charleston, SC. Zac Brown Band will perform all three days, with additional music from My Morning Jacket, Warren Haynes Band, Brett Dennen, Steel Pulse, The Del McCoury Band and The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Fitz and the Tantrums, Trigger Hippy, Train, Eric Church, The Wood Brothers and others. These performances will be complemented by a variety of culinary offerings, with a particular emphasis on local Charleston fare. Tickets for the Southern Ground Music & Food Festival go on sale next weekend.

Comments

DrasticJasper September 2, 2011, 15:00:49

Zac Brown is soooo not jam…or even rock for that matter…the other bands yeah but I would rather gargle drano than have to listen to zac brown band

Befuddled September 2, 2011, 17:02:58

You go Drastic…this is typical for this site. I love it, generally, but sometimes they cover bands that make me scratch my head…

on the fence September 2, 2011, 20:04:44

I kinda agree, but the connection I think is that Zac and band have been influenced by a lot of the same musicians we listen to. Granted his brand of country music isn’t my cup of tea, but they aren’t your typical Nashville country band all the time. Also this post is probably more about covering bands like Warren Haynes, Del McCoury, etc…

John September 2, 2011, 22:20:49

I love Zac Brown Band. I think this festival they have put together is awesome. If you wan to talk about a band that is not fun, it’s my morning jacket. I know a lot of people like them but I can’t figure it out. They are so boring!

cdg123 September 3, 2011, 13:17:09

Little noticed but there is a new band in this lineup called Trigger Hippy…which is Joan Osbourne, Jackie Greene, Audley Freed, Steve Gorman and a great bass player from Nashville named Nick who used to play for Highwater. Its a new project and I caught them in Nashville. Killer show. They are a perfect mix. Audley rocks.

StevieB September 4, 2011, 08:04:38

REALLY? REALLY? I would pay top dollar to see Del and Warren, but Zac Brown is not even in the same hemisphere with them. Del is being inducted into the Bluegrass Hall of Fame. Warren will be in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

pamsy September 9, 2011, 22:02:22

You people who dont like Zac Brown Band dont know what good music is.The band enjoys playing with other bands&sharing in performing & making music.Thats what enjoying music is all about.I love the Zac Brown Band & would go see them everytime they perform if I could afford it.

crisred October 30, 2011, 11:40:49

I have to admit that a double bill of Warren and Zac is a dream come true for me! I would love to see Zac at Mt. Jam. You may have to revive me with margaritas if that’s the case. Zac is a true musician with tremendous variety behind him and in his music. Give him a listen and you may be surprised!