Published: 2011/09/27

The Allman Brothers Band Announces Final 2011 Shows

Photo by Photo by Dino Perrucci

The Allman Brothers Band have confirmed six December dates. The group will perform at Upper Darby, PA’s Tower Theatre on November 26 and 27 as well as Boston’s Orpheum Theatre from November 29 -30 and December 2-3. Gregg Allman recently canceled a series of solo dates due to health concerns but is said to be recovering. Tickets for all shows go on sale Friday, September 30 at 10:00AM Eastern.

A statement from the band confirms that these will be the band’s last shows in 2011. The Allman Brothers Band’s only other 2011 appearances have included their annual Beacon Theatre Run, two shows at the Wanee Festival and a Hepatitis C awareness benefit also held at the Beacon. In total, the band will have played 22 shows this year.

Meanwhile, Allman and Warren Haynes toured heavily with their solo groups while Derek Trucks and Oteil Burbridge focused on the Tedeschi Trucks Band. All three projects released new albums in 2011.

Here’s a look at the ABB’s new dates

Sat 11/26 Upper Darby, PA Tower Theater
Sun 11/27 Upper Darby, PA Tower Theater
Tue 11/29 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater
Wed 11/30 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater
Fri 12/2 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater
Sat 12/3 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater

Comments

timmyd September 27, 2011, 12:51:04

how about playing a show in columbia sc next year,the township auditorium would be nice!

adam schneider September 27, 2011, 13:07:51

NO NYC DATES? WTF????

bj September 27, 2011, 13:39:31

how about some midwest dates. maybe stl or chicago please? a person cryin about NYC not getting an allman show, hilarious. U guys get like 11 in a row every year. waah wahhhh

joe September 27, 2011, 15:26:51

how about bring the bros. out to the west coast in 2012,
or derick and sues band would be just fine too!

mattspliff September 27, 2011, 15:43:19

Yeah really NYC give me a damn break. How bout some southern love, you know where this whole thing began!!!

jambandguy September 27, 2011, 16:12:31

I do not know HOW the Orpheum in Boston continues to attract bands. maybe the backstage room is nice but the place is pathetic. They must pay a lot? I SWORE I would never go back there…then Warren haynes, Widespread Panic and now this! If ANYONE has any influence please tell the bands how bad this place sucks. No $ has gone into it in decades and you can NOT fit into the seats, really, not just inconvenient…you can’t fit!!

potsnob September 27, 2011, 16:37:59

The ABB are dunzo!! Don’t waste your money folks, merely a shell of what they were even 5 years ago

Kelly Birmingham September 27, 2011, 20:20:31

Hey potsnob, Based on your statement you obviously haven’t seen ABB in real long time. I’ve seen them at least twice (Wanee) for last 4 years or so and you’re way off base. Download amy of those shows from their site and you’ll see.

jkuss80 September 27, 2011, 21:39:51

Sounds like jambandguy needs to shed a few pounds.

Peter Kelly September 28, 2011, 11:04:54

Here we go again, it is the same problem I had with the last Allman’s show at the Tower. I got so pumped to go see my favorite band at one of my favorite venues and then when into to buy tickets and practically puked when I saw the prices for orchestra seats. It’s a shame they don’t play arenas anymore and charge a price where most of their fans can afford to go. I am not going to pay 145 for good seats or 60 for the balcony, and it is really depressing not being able to afford to see your favorite band when they come to town.

Paul Burke - Author Journey Home September 28, 2011, 12:04:18

“How about” letting Greg take his time and get completely healthy after his organ transplant? Don’t you want him around, healthy and happy? I can’t wait to read his autobiography, and to see, hear what’s next on the horizon be it collaboration, solo effort or ABB studio disc. A liver transplant is a complete shock to the system and he’s in his 60’s – and that’s a hard 60. Get the picture. The man loves to play – he’ll make the rounds. All good things in all good time.

Red Rocks September 28, 2011, 12:17:55

ummmmmm….....remember me?

Colonelburnel September 29, 2011, 12:46:03

I was going to get tickets through presale and the peach corp, was late with the start of the ticket sales logged in and got 12th row center seats, @ $150/ticket + fees. Sorry not happening the fact that they were still available 5 hrs after start of presale means the pricing is too high. I hope the scalpers take a bath if they buy up the Orch seats 1/2 that price $75 is now the market price.

wheresjerry October 5, 2011, 20:46:52

I too am passing on fix this tour….wanted to see them in Boston coming up, but fix prices at 150$+ is just too much! I saw the band last fall for 2 out of the 3 nights, and paid a bit more than half that for balcony seats…..come on boys, your turning away great fans here!