Published: 2011/10/27

PanicStream Reports on Widespread Panic Tour Bus Crash

The popular Widespread Panic fan site PanicStream.com has posted some rather unsettling news. A recent post says, “It’s being reported that one of the WSP tour buses has crashed near Ames when the bus driver had a heart attack. Please keep all involved in your thoughts and prayers.” Panic’s driver has died and at least one member of the band’s road crew is believed to have been injured.

Widespread Panic is scheduled to perform at Ames, IA’s Stephens Auditorium this evening. As of now, the show has not been canceled. Earlier this year longtime Panic crew member Garrie Vereen also took his own life.

Update: Since our initial post, local media outlets are reporting that there were no fatalities in the bus crash besides the bus driver in question. We will update this post as new information becomes available.

Comments

ManandGodandLaw October 27, 2011, 16:45:46

I’ve spent 35 weeks of my life in Ames. Flew up this little hot blonde slut once while I was there to see Keller Williams or YMSB.
Got naked in the pool at like 3:00am.

Jon Babcock October 27, 2011, 16:42:08

This article says no fatalities…was it really the bands bus?

NOBODY October 27, 2011, 16:56:58

The driver indeed die and others have injurys .....I can’t confirm if it was the crew or the band at this moment but I belive it’s the crew bus

erocafellar October 27, 2011, 17:07:37

what a shitty article and site this is

Panic Stream October 27, 2011, 17:12:36

Just kidding, there was no accident.
Carry on. ManandGodandLaw did spend 35 weeks of his life
in Ames though. That part is true. Plus he likes Asians which makes him cool. hes even been to Corea like twice. stayed drunk the hole time which is more cool points. He puts the cool in douchbag.

Martmart October 27, 2011, 17:12:38

MGL forgot to metion that the hot blond was a tranny

Man God + Law's fatherless son October 27, 2011, 17:18:41

DADDY SEND THE 5 YEARS OF BACK CHILD SUPPORT YOU OWE MY MOMMY!!

DaddyPhatSacs October 27, 2011, 17:36:44

I once fucked a chick in my buddys car after a panic show. I munched her box and woke up with pubes all up in my teef the next morning. I then hit the nitrous and everything was IRIE

Greta October 27, 2011, 17:39:44

It’s spelled Korea by the way. Why are there all these smart all comments on this article? It’s more of a serious matter than a laughing matter. I hope everyone is alright. Vibes to the Panic crew.

Michael Twilley October 27, 2011, 17:39:49

Someone hide my jar bud, Sage is on the warpath. I’m gonna go rub one out in the parking garage and do some gator tails. Looks like another night to ambien rage. Daddy

Tay October 27, 2011, 17:51:46

What is wrong with you? Show some decency and respect….

jt October 27, 2011, 17:56:51

Yes it’s true…. crew bus…driver dead..heart attac..1 crew member hurt.I know them and got a call.

Panic Stream October 27, 2011, 18:04:06

False. http://www.amestrib.com/articles/2011/10/27/ames_tribune/news/doc4ea9980e0e587190193284.txt FAKE..

Panic Sucks October 27, 2011, 18:06:23

Panic sucks anyway..they died when Michael H. passed anyway..let them be..there old as shit anyway

Grammar Police October 27, 2011, 18:10:56

*they’re

jt October 27, 2011, 18:12:47

OK…for anybody that REALLY cares then.
It is true.

mickey Howser October 27, 2011, 18:46:02

Bring back G MAC for the WOOD TOUR

WHTRSK October 27, 2011, 18:46:06

Those idiots had it coming to them. Fuggs were all up in my lane and shit

WORDEM October 27, 2011, 18:47:30

LAKE DIE F T W iT TASTE’S SALTY!!!

UberHeadyMagicalTwillz October 27, 2011, 18:54:09

JackieCutGrass, are you available to help me through the pain of divorce? My herpes sores are invisible right now, are yours florid?

Carolinapanic October 27, 2011, 19:02:29

have some respect. no bad vibes

kyle October 27, 2011, 19:07:56

TO ALL THAT WROTE STUPID SHIT. GROW THE FUCK UP. PEOPLE DIED. WHETHER YOU LIKE WSP OR NOT FUCK YOU THIS SHOT IS SERIOUS AND KARMA WILL GET ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowgyrl October 27, 2011, 19:10:22

You guys are terrible. I am so sorry for the drivers family, the band, and any crew members injured or shaken up.

sage-umms October 27, 2011, 19:29:46

Daddy is in big TROUBLE!!!

Cloudy Knight October 27, 2011, 19:55:53

You assholes couldn’t find someplace better to do this shit? What a bunch of douchebags.

jt October 27, 2011, 20:28:40

Finally some sense has entered the room. You don’t have to like the music. You don’t have to like new members (although I think Jimmy is exceptional). There are 1000’s of devoted fans who would disagree with you. What you should know is that this is a band who genuinely cares about it’s crew and fans. They ARE all family and treat each as such. There isn’t an inflated ego anywhere to be seen. When I heard the news today it was from my son. He was ON the bus. I can only say how thankful it was HIM calling me…and not someone else.

Mark Epstein October 27, 2011, 20:49:38

My condoences to the drivers family. I hope everyone else is ok. Sounds like ot could have been worse. I am not a fan on WSP, love Jimmy, I hope he starts touring in a smaller and in smaller place so I can see him again. God, loved him in the Code Takers,

moontime October 27, 2011, 20:52:31

Fuckin Trolls go back to 4chan!..love out to the panic family!...see yall at the filmore!

panic.co October 27, 2011, 20:54:30

So glad someone is on here to shut those idiots up!! Can’t there comments be blocked? Anyway,thats all of my time they get!! Its great to hear that there were not more injuries or fatalities. Love and prayers to the bus drivers family. @ jt: So happy your son was able to call you, and I hope the rest of the crew is doing ok. One Love!!!

jt October 27, 2011, 21:03:21

Thanks panic.co. Seems only one (other than the driver) with a minor concussion, everybody else OK …physically anyway. Moontime…Filmore DC or Denver? Should be great either way.

Jonty October 27, 2011, 23:14:52

I live near Ames the driver did indeed die, 3 techs were injured Todd’s tech is in critical condition. Is the word that I’m hearing up here

Jonty October 27, 2011, 23:21:24

I live near Ames, the word is on the
News is the driver died, 3 techs were
Injured, word is 2 are fine but Todd’s
Tech is in critical condition

Steve October 28, 2011, 03:11:00

Peace and Love

TC October 28, 2011, 05:52:30

I drove band bus on a panic tour years ago, good group of folks. Sorry to hear about this.

adam w October 28, 2011, 07:31:51

Thank God they’re ok. My thoughts and prayers to the driver and his family! WSMFP!

Android October 28, 2011, 07:56:28

I’m a regular reader, first time poster…
While I realize jam band fan doesn’t require an outlook of peace, love & understanding, I have to say some of the comments are a sad comment on humanity.
Someone died for Christ’s sake! Show some respect, find some empathy in your soul. There are people grieving for a family member, for a friend.
Make it a better world, people.

Diane Torrisi October 28, 2011, 08:14:50

I am the driver’s ex-wife and yes, he did die of a massive heart attack. I would like to thank those on this site who expressed condolences to ‘the driver’s family’. He has a 15 year old beautiful daughter and family and friends who will miss him forever. Our hearts are broken.

companion2thewind October 28, 2011, 09:01:19

Diane- heartfelt thoughts and prayers to you, his family, the band and crew…and please know, for every 1 jacka$$ on here, there are hundreds more GOOD PEOPLE

jar October 28, 2011, 10:47:11

I can not believe what some have written, I could say a lot more but my husband has cried and is very shaken up, not only did his best friend died, he has the worry of every band member & crew member on those buses, my husband was there when they carried him off and was there to tell the passenger she did a good job, when she had to steer it to the side and pull the air brake.. Where is the respect that some one that cared about others lives so much has died?? Most of you won’t care but I will hug my husband again, the driver won’t hug his daughter of wife ever again!!! Thank God that some really care, and thank you that look at this as a REAL lost instead of a joke!!! I love you, Man!

jt October 28, 2011, 11:32:16

Diane, please excuse my oversight in not offering my condolences as well. I was preoccupied with my concerns about my family member who was on the bus…my apologies. I know how loved and trusted the drivers are by the crew members. Here is a link to the official posting on the Panic website http://www.widespreadpanic.com/news_story.php?id=684
Let’s think good thoughts for the speedy recovery of Eric…and Rachel…you are the real HEROINE in this. THANK YOU for your quick thinking. All of us are indebted to you.

makersandh2o October 28, 2011, 11:42:01

yeah Jambands.com, what the heck??? Why would you allow those posts? Are you heading to the awful posting hole that got threads cancelled over there at Jambase.com???

Mike C October 28, 2011, 12:37:24

My heart goes out to the friends and family of the driver, the crew and the band. Any time you spend that much time with people they become family. To the douche-bags making a joke out of this: grow up. A story of someone dying is no laughing matter. To Diane Torrisi I am sorry for your loss and may you have some peace during this time of grief and sorrow/

Randy Jr. October 28, 2011, 14:54:48

People are stupid. Keep your ignorant comments to yourselves. Yes it is all true and i met the driver that died. @jar, i havent talked to dad yet. I know hes gotta be upset. But to all you people that have said these horrible things on here, grow the hell up. Yes my father is a WSP bus driver, and he was there like jar said. My prayers go out to the family and friends of the driver. He was a very nice and cool guy. Sorry for the loss.

Man God + Law's fatherless son October 28, 2011, 16:50:45

We ARE terribly saddened by y’alls horrible loss. He seems to be missed be many people. Cherish the memories you had with your father. He seemed like a GREAT dad. My dad is not a good father

Curtis October 29, 2011, 03:43:46

stream is up http://panicstream.com/streams/wsp/2011_10_27/player.html

timmy October 29, 2011, 23:10:34

Was at the Minneapolis and Iowa shows. Drove the same route where this misfortune happened. Thoughts and prayers to this man’s family and WSP.

julie gagne October 30, 2011, 02:12:23

Tom is my uncle!I am going to be very truthful I was not close to him but he was my mom and uncles brother! This family is getting smaller everyday. Please pray for his family, they are the ones grieving.

Kendra Smith November 15, 2011, 12:11:53

I feel very lightheaded, my legs and arms feel like Jello, and I have to go to the bathroom 3-5 times during a panic attack. I often feel like I’m going to pass out, crying. Kendra Smith
Antianxiety-Drugs.com

Pharmd615 April 1, 2012, 06:15:21

Hello! deeeded interesting deeeded site! I’m really like it! Very, very deeeded good!

Pharmf242 April 1, 2012, 06:15:33

Hello! egcekac interesting egcekac site! I’m really like it! Very, very egcekac good!