Published: 2011/11/25

Phil Lesh & Friends Will Return This Winter

Phil Lesh and Friends will be play three shows at Broomfield, CO’s 1stBank Center on February 16, 17 and 18 2012. This incarnation of the band will feature Lesh, John Scofield, Warren Haynes, Jackie Greene and Joe Russo. Mail order starts Saturday, November 26 through GDTS and internet pre-sale starts Monday, November 28 at noon EST through Thursday, December 1 at 6 PM EST. Public onsale Friday, December 2 at 10 AM MST. Lesh will lead a similar incarnation of the band featuring Haynes, Greene, Russo and Jeff Chimenti at Haynes’ Xmas Jam in December. Furthur fans shouldn’t fret quite yet: the band is expected to announce some 2012 dates in the coming weeks.

Comments

RODABOD November 25, 2011, 17:33:34

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHIL AND FRIENDS BABY!! LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!

Allston:Playin_Dead November 25, 2011, 18:54:17

Bring it out east, Phil. Been digging on Furthur, such a fine assembly of musicians and I’ve been following on them for the past two years, but I’ve never had the opportunity to check out any of the ensembles that Phil has assembled & led. I know the West Coasters have been looking for love, and I hope they get some, but I believe the Phriends have got to come out East.

doc jonez November 25, 2011, 19:44:51

thank Christ furthur is coming back in 2012!!!!!

Matt S. November 25, 2011, 20:30:29

Further sucks. There is now Scofield playing with Lesh. Move forward, stop looking back.

Manny G Lomas November 25, 2011, 21:42:53

I don’t get Jackie Greene at all. I just don’t believe him when he sings. I guess Phil is the man, so we all must believe his vision. Jackie just seems like a tool, plain and simple.

Flirby November 26, 2011, 08:38:41

Manny, I feel that way about Scofield. I have bought about half a dozen discs, seen him 3-4 times, but he does nothing for me. I never hear him say anything through his playing. He just meanders. Somebody recommend a disc so I can prove myself wrong.

yo November 26, 2011, 12:41:13

I love Furthur because I love Grateful Dead, but I would like to see this Phil line-up depart a bit from the old material. This combo has the potential to bust out Mule, Greene, Jazz, and some really fun possibilities. If they’re playing Grateful Dead standards I won’t go, but if word has it Phil wants to stretch I will be there. I would rather not hear these guys cover GD all night. Just me.

lastwaltzer November 26, 2011, 13:15:45

CHICAGO

John November 26, 2011, 17:13:50

Fuck the east coast…go west young man..east coast gets disproportionate number of shows..no offense

Core November 27, 2011, 00:03:20

Phil Lesh & Friends… a.k.a “The Hotness” need to get another Philathon in NYC kicking. Jackie Green can be re-introduced as the fire under Phil’s ass!

will November 27, 2011, 01:44:11

these would be fun shows to catch and im sure will offer a variety of interesting sounds and jams, and it doesnt bother me they are all west coast because im gonna get to see P&f at christmas jam and anyway furthur is about to hit the east coast in the spring again, so no worries

Scofield Disc November 27, 2011, 08:43:29

Flirby, have you heard Scofield’s album Uberjam? If that doesn’t make you a believer then I don’t know what else to say….

steverain November 28, 2011, 10:38:51

Wow such hate on Jackie Greene and Furthur wtf? Jackie Greene is a HUGELY Talented HONEST to goodness Rocker /song writer and player! I f ya don’t Believe him? I don’t know what drugs your taking (or not taking) to come to such a misguided conclusion???!!! Bizarre! And Furthur does not suck Primus does duh! LOL

Dr November 28, 2011, 11:25:24

Furthur is a vegas act

UltimatelywhogivesaF#cK November 28, 2011, 23:27:58

At least theres a chance of winning in Vegas..this is a total w a s t e

Allston:Playin_Dead November 29, 2011, 08:33:35

@John: frankly I’m just really excited to have the opportunity to watch Phil lead his own band, I have seen the schedules for the past few tours & I totally know where you’re coming from, seems like we’ve gotten a disproportionate amount of shows out here on E.C., but I would still totally dig the chance to see this band. @Dr & Ultima: I’ve seen Furthur just shy of a dozen times the last two years, and while the quality can vary wildly on how experimental the playing gets, I can honestly say they have played consistently well. So you can say that I’ve broken even every time at the very least – the guys in that band, and I am definitely not leaving out the younger dudes, really care about jamming in that band. And @uwgaf specifically, I’ve been listening to P&F tapes for the last two or three weeks now since the rumors started to get a pulse of the bands Phil’s led and I can say not one of those shows has been a waste, so I really dunno where it is you’re coming from

Jack Straw November 29, 2011, 15:22:09

Don’t be a hater.
If you think Futhur sucks, or Jackie, or Scofield. if you know anything about any of these guys they all love to play. Some nights its great and others you may ask what you are doing there but the bottom line is, they are all great musicians and more power to them to give it their best shot anywhwere, anytime in any creation they choose. Anything with Phil is great and you know it buy the downloads if you can’t make the shows or don’t go but support the scene and stop complaining. Go big or go home. You know our love will not fade away. We use to play for silver now we play for life. Jack Straw

hana November 29, 2011, 19:06:54

>>>Furthur is a vegas act WORD!

Sam December 1, 2011, 14:44:16

Ugh. Warren.
Snorefest ’12.

Sunspot December 6, 2011, 08:54:41

I thought ’09 was pretty slow, they got going in ’10, and ’11 is back to the most amazing music ever played on the planet. Hoping Kadlicek sticks for ’12, he’s awesome!