Published: 2011/12/07

Widespread Panic’s New Year’s Guests

Randall Bramblett and John Keane with Widespread Panic on 12/30/09

Widespread Panic will close out 2011 with a performance at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, NC. This is certainly shaping up to be an epic evening as the group’s delivers one of its final shows before its upcoming hiatus. Word has now filtered out regarding some of what will take place as Randall Bramblett has revealed that he will bring a horn section to the gig. In the interim he’ll offer a taste of what will go down when he performs this Saturday at the Seagrove Beach Soiree in Seagrove Beach, FL.

Comments

Jason December 8, 2011, 09:54:55

Does Panic ever do anything out of the box?
As a band they have so much potential, but everything they do is so predictable and never a “wow” factor. Maybe they need a good LONG break to freshen things up. Besides, as evidenced by lackluster tour sales, they are burning the fanbase down with same shows and same old sh*t.. Maybe they need a creative director or something.

Dancestodrumz December 8, 2011, 12:16:30

Largely agree with the predictable shows lately comment. Still, they make me dance.

driving>disco December 9, 2011, 09:44:52

What kind of wow factor are you looking for? This last tour they have busted out songs they havent played since the 80’s and are spot on! Jimmy is taking the songs to a new level and the band is at their best since Mikey. Panic doesnt need to wow you with some theatrics and shit, they just come to PLAY!

WillEd11 December 9, 2011, 12:19:24

They’ve had a tougher time filling the seats since Phish came back on the scene. I love me some Panic… but I think I might have burned myself out of them a little bit. Phish being back has offered me some new tunes and jams to enjoy. I hope that Panic brings the heat after their break.

TnTater December 11, 2011, 21:13:48

How are you even comparing phish to panic. they are not even in the same category. phish stands up there and sings songs about nothing and trey has this dumb ass look on his face. Panic sings songs about the highs and lows of life. the good and the bad… it aint all peachy…. its Fn REAL!

Will December 12, 2011, 15:29:38

“Phish Sucks” -Mike Houser

your mom December 16, 2011, 11:58:52

love the spread, spread the love