Published: 2012/01/10

Grateful Dead Lullabies

Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star—the company responsible for releasing 57 albums of lullaby songs by artists such as Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd—will be releasing a Grateful Dead CD later this month. These “lullabies for all ages” can be used for yoga, massage, and sleep therapy as well as for soothing babies and general relaxation purposes. The full tracklist is below, and more information can be found here

Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star Presents Lullaby Versions of The Grateful Dead Track List:

1. Touch of Grey
2. Casey Jones
3. Truckin’
4. Uncle John’s Band
5. Ripple
6. Sugar Magnolia
7. Friend of the Devil
8. Scarlet Begonias
9. Shakedown Street
10. Box of Rain
11. Fire on the Mountain

Comments

nolasox January 10, 2012, 10:53:27

Most of these songs in their original form would make great lullabies (save for a couple, e.g., Casey Jones, because of the lyrics) ... not sure why one would need to by sterilized versions.

Brian January 10, 2012, 11:48:42

What about “We Bid You Goodnight”? That’s a lullaby if I’ve ever sung one. Commercialism bros, glad we thought this through.

Okie Dead Head January 10, 2012, 12:14:48

This CD has been out for quite a while. Being a longtime Dead Head, I would not recommend this to parents. I gave it a listen on Amazon and was not impressed. If you want to play some Good Ol’ GD to your little one, buy the album Reckoning. My son loves it!

chriss January 10, 2012, 12:28:55

While Reckoning is nice, I recommend Live/Dead. It will take you to NeverNeverLand.

Bill January 10, 2012, 12:37:53

I’ve sung “bid you goodnight”, “standing on the moon”, even the ‘across the rio grandeo’ part of 1/2 step to my daughter as lullabys for years now. She also loves “Jack-a-roe” because I explained to her the story of the bold, brave girl. Oh yeah, “must have been the roses” too. It’s all great for lullabys and doesn’t need the muzak treatment.

McD January 10, 2012, 12:38:17

I always stick with “Not For Kids Only” for my niece and nephew. They seem to love it for the sing-a-longs and what not, but it always puts them to sleep too!. Now I know its not Grateful Dead, but it is Garcia & Grisman!

Okie Dead Head January 10, 2012, 12:51:58

I bought ‘Not For Kids Only’ the week my son was born and it’s a great album! It’s a real treat for all ages, as the name implies.. On a side note, Keller Williams has a childrens album called ‘Kids’. It’s got some great tunes on it as well. Highly recommended for all the hip parents out there.

cryptical17 January 10, 2012, 14:20:44

Also don’t forget the Brent Mydland tune for his daughter “I Will Take You Home”

aaron January 10, 2012, 20:02:39

my 2 year old has my old ipod set up in his bedroom and i just play the actual dead for him. reckoning is great, as well as a few other shows (especially the branford marsalis nassau show).

kindagrae January 10, 2012, 21:28:36

Crazy Fingers.

Petey Wheatstraw January 11, 2012, 10:50:47

This album is great and my daughter smiles everytime I play it. I find the recording to be spot on in getting the little one to bed and keeping me smiling during the process. This is far from muzak.

Mark Binder January 11, 2012, 11:04:28

Wow, this is really a dream come true. Just bought the Dave Matthews and Wilco too. Thanks for the tip!

Jane January 11, 2012, 11:13:38

I love this album and I don’t have kids! I gave a few away as Christmas presents and everyone loved it.

Faye January 11, 2012, 11:24:18

How sweet. I have a bunch of grand kids who will be getting this soon!

JohnnyYenAgain January 11, 2012, 11:25:46

This album is out now and available at iTunes and Amazon where you can buy CD’s. I think this is one of the best albums released by Twinkle Twinkle Little Rock Star!

Henry January 14, 2012, 09:26:52

No “Attics” or “We Bid You Goodnight”?