Published: 2012/03/10

The Allman Brothers Band’s Peach Music Festival

The Allman Brothers Band have announced a new music festival. A Northeast answer to their Wanee fest, the Brothers will host the Peach Music Festival at Scranton PA’s Montage Mountain from August 10-12. In addition to The Allmans and their extended network of bands, the three-day event will feature additional acts from the jam, rock, blues and country worlds. The festival’s initial lineup will be confirmed on March 26.

Comments

valzzzzzzz March 21, 2012, 15:15:40

Correction…........ disagree with Chunky

clay March 10, 2012, 14:41:07

ill see you all there!

Wesley March 10, 2012, 15:29:57

I wonder if Michael Scarn or Scrantonicity will be there.

Rick March 10, 2012, 16:07:18

How bout Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. I’d love to see Grace and Gregg battle it out on the Hammond B3s

gagaga March 10, 2012, 17:51:47

Montage probably the WORST music venue in the USA. Why would they play a “festival” there?

Rusty March 10, 2012, 18:43:34

I wouldn’t say the worst venue in the country, but the place is a nightmare to get in and out of.

chauncey March 10, 2012, 19:57:54

can’t wait to hear who will be playing the weekend!

chauncey March 10, 2012, 19:58:27

can’t wait to hear who will be playing the weekend!

jason kocher March 10, 2012, 20:10:00

This has to be a joke right?

French for Clusterfuck March 10, 2012, 22:33:17

THE WORST VENUE in the USA

STAPES March 11, 2012, 07:14:52

Big mistake This will not be fun They dont allow you to have fun on that MTN

rong March 11, 2012, 08:08:54

will be a good weekend for moogis!!!

tennjed March 11, 2012, 08:09:13

Beautiful venue! The security is much more lax then in years past. Should be a great time! Nobody is forcing anyone to go.

George March 11, 2012, 10:13:29

those cops up there are nazis. they force us to get out of our car and go right into the venue. im like hey man i just drove 3 hours i wants stretch and relax for a few minutes. you can go to jail. i said whats you problem? im not drinking or doin anything wrong. then they seen some guy selling shirts. they damn near tackled him over tshirts. took him away in the cop car. no thanks who wants to be hassled? the Allmans should know better. their fans are gonna be harrassed

Fudgiestan March 11, 2012, 14:21:43

I hope STAN is there!

jay March 11, 2012, 14:57:30

I agree that I montage is the wrost venue but I live a few mins away from it…I boycotted it a few years ago but this will deff bring me back with hope and prayers that it will be a cool and hassle free fest…I just have to be positive and hope 4 the best , I love the abb to much and it’s too close not to go , I grow up on that mountain from going to shows to having woods party up there to skiing, so Im going to give it another chance

Really March 11, 2012, 18:22:37

May be the worst venue, but maybe the brothers want to make it a cool festival rather than a bunch of wooks stirring up trouble

Bigtoddy March 11, 2012, 18:27:45

Produced by Livenation, all I needed to hear to say pass.

Mule Me March 12, 2012, 12:29:26

Watch out…..the local sheriff’s dept has pot sniffing horses on patrol !!!

MCNDRWS March 12, 2012, 12:42:42

The cops on horseback are a nightmare!

zappaboggs March 12, 2012, 14:51:12

You guys are scaring me!!! I’m assuming there will be no camping?!?

DGM March 12, 2012, 18:51:09

I agree, the Gestapo is crazy there! I watched them tear the interior if some dude’s jeep apart in the lot. We had to escape up the mountain just to chill out before the show. That said – this is rare and I never miss ABB when they come around – I’m going anyway.

dingo March 13, 2012, 09:23:03

huge ABB fan…could pull off vacation time…MM for the venue?... no fucking way
peace

barjr March 13, 2012, 12:33:37

Anyone know if the bands on the Waned festival are also going to play the peach music festival?

Mark March 14, 2012, 21:00:58

is this going to be at the ski resort or toyota pavillion? Camping? Can’t see the ABB putting on a 3 day music festival with no camping.

in2thedream March 15, 2012, 08:01:42

The Sheriff Dept (aka Brown Clowns) are already preparing for this event. They ordered extra riot gear, tear gas, flash and percussion grenades, and many many extra tazers. They even hired some temporary clowns to help prevent the hostile takeover of the all so dangerous pot smoking, mushroom munching, Allman fans. Seriously though it is not the worst venue in the US…..... it is the worst venue in the world.

jd0g March 15, 2012, 21:11:23

The county sheriff dept is no longer running security. Much more relaxed.

Crazy J March 16, 2012, 06:41:55

UR right about the nazi security. It’s totally over the top. I’ve worked there for several years and was physically abused by the security staff when I was trying to get to work. The music should be excellent just watch your own ass around the “brown clowns”.

jambands rule March 16, 2012, 13:15:55

i havent been to a show there since I witnessed the crazy acts by security and police few years back. Would love to go I live so close but do I really want to have my rights violated. There are much better places. Mt Laurel Center just outside Bushkill PA would be much better ??? At least there they let you have fun …

LuLu Luger March 16, 2012, 15:14:09

Born in the SOUTH ... Why would the Allman Brothers even consider doing this in Bum F Pennsylvania ????
I have seen them over 26 times…skip the hassle and the cops thinking they are so cool and go buy an album…what is our country coming to anyway…these stories are monstrous and demeaning !!! Save Our Musical Souls!!!

chunky March 16, 2012, 16:58:00

Anyone who criticizes montage should take a good look in the mirror. There is NOTHING wrong with the location. There is, however, something seriously wrong with everyone who lives in that area….and yes, that includes me. They are the most backward, dumbasses you can imagine. The notion that we’re only 2 hours from NYC and Philly is shocking…because any ounce of hip or cool dies within minutes. ABB will be amazing. While your hear, just stay away from the locals.

moe.down March 16, 2012, 20:25:53

why does anyone care about this event, moe.down is that weekend enough said

tennjed March 19, 2012, 08:57:35

I think Chunky should speak for himself. He & his crew may be backward dumbasses, but MOST are not. The venue is on a mountain and in the woods. Should make for a fun & cool atmosphere. Don’t act like an out of control asshole and partiers should have a great time.

Mr Foot March 19, 2012, 18:26:27

Maybe it will be a non-camping festival…like Clapton’s Guitar festival…something more academic….personally I am thrilled.

Mr. Foot March 19, 2012, 18:40:39

The venue itself is in a hollow at the base of the mt which stays remarkable cool at night…even in AUG, you’re gonna need a light jacket when the sun goes down. Very green & lots of trees…Thumbs up for the venue!

valzzzzzzz March 21, 2012, 04:56:29

Sorry. but I have to agree with Chunky, the place is a concert goers nightmare. (Nazi cops, parking, bottlenecked exiting.) I use to go to every ROCK show on the mountain years ago and slowly it got worse and worse. The last show I seen there was ABB. I vowed never to go again unless Led Zeppelin would play there. I heard the festival will be, one night each with ABB playing Oteil, one with Derek and Susan, and one with Warren and Govt Mule. Like Montage or not, I’ll be there for all 3 shows

Gc March 25, 2012, 10:46:46

From what I understand this is up on the Montain and not in the venue. They had shows there way before the amphitheater was built. They are talkin about camping etc. the old complaints about the Sheriffs (often warranted) should not be an issue . NIt is a very beautiful spot and close to major metro areas which is a major draw

Gc March 25, 2012, 10:49:36

From what I understand this is up on the Montain and not in the venue. (Sno Mountain) They had shows there way before the amphitheater was built and the scene was always great. They are talkin about camping etc. the old complaints about the Sheriffs (often warranted) should not be an issue . In fact they have relaxed at the amphitheater as well.. It is a very beautiful spot and close to major metro areas which is a draw and easy to get to. I personally hope they pull it off!

Gov't Brothers March 26, 2012, 15:28:21

According to the Peach Fest official site, it says at the Toyota Pavillion @ Montage Mountain. We’ll see what happens… hopefully Gregg recovers quickly.

Doogie's Tye-Dyez March 27, 2012, 07:43:04

So, where’s this lineup at? And where is camping since there’s no camping at the mountain? This is a festival so there should be camping at the venue!

josephine ann March 27, 2012, 17:21:54

can i have more details on paeach festival in august thanks

Dohman March 30, 2012, 14:41:35

Zac Brown Band, Tedeschi Trucks Band, O.A.R., Warren Haynes Band and Railroad Earth, The Wailers, Dark Star Orchestra, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Blackberry Smoke and more to be announced.

Andrew b March 31, 2012, 08:49:30

Your all idiots half of you probably never been to a fest if this is the first year how do you know how security wil act. Sure at shows they may be dicks but at dmb last year no problem and this year its a fest your gunna have a good time its not like you wont be able to enjoy yourself

Jester March 31, 2012, 12:49:40

Rumor has it the lineup so far includes the Allman Brothers, Santana, Trey Anastacio, Gov’t Mule. The full lineup announcement has been postponed because they are trying to sign Furthur. I heard the venue will most likely be offering may be offering camping, sky rides, and mountain biking.

Jack Straw April 6, 2012, 20:19:01

I wonder why the website is just a big picture of 20-30 words. I wanna pull the trigger on this but I am not droppin the loot to do so with so many questions unanswered. anyone know where I can get answers on the venue, camping, etc.

Eric Leggo May 9, 2012, 11:50:28

I think the lineup looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully they will announce a few more good acts (Cormeal, Great American Taxi,Emmit Nershi). We’ve got our VIP tickets ordered already. We are coming all the way from Michigan fir this one.

Steven February 22, 2013, 23:33:04

There is a great festival just up the road the same weekend. Check out the Chenango County Blues Festival. No hassels, camping, cheap eats and beer. It is run by a bunch of volunteers who care about music and fans not making a buck. Look at our past lineups and expect a great show.