Published: 2012/03/12

Bonnaroo Adds Acts

Antonoff at Bonnaroo in 2006

Puscifer, Santigold, The Temper Trap, fun. and The Cave Singers are among the acts who have joined Bonnaroo’s lineup. As previously reported, Bonnaroo will return to Manchester, TN from June 7-10, 2012. Previously confirmed acts include: Phish, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Beach Boys, Bon Iver, Dispatch, The Avett Brothers, Foster the People, Umphrey’s McGee, The Word, Ben Folds Five, Spectrum Road, Punch Brothers, Big Gigantic, Alabama Shakes and SOJA, among many others. In addition, heavy rock and punk fans will be happy to hear that Bonnaroo has added the Danzig Legacy—featuring music by Danzig, Samhain and Danzig/Doyle performing The Misfits—to its lineup. Though this is fun.’s first time at Bonnaroo, band co-founder Jack Antonoff was a staple at the festival with his longtime band Steel Train for many years. Likewise, Puscifer is the side project of Maynard James Keenan, who headlined Bonnaroo in 2007 with Tool. Additional acts will be added to the festival’s lineup in the coming weeks.

Here’s a look at Bonnaroo’s latest additions

DANZIG LEGACY – featuring music by Danzig, Samhain and Danzig/Doyle performing The Misfits
Puscifer
Santigold
The Temper Trap
fun.
The Cave Singers

Comments

joe March 12, 2012, 22:27:10

this fest gets worse every year.
i havent went since 04, when the dead, primus and ween were too good to pass up. but since then, its just a sellout fest for frat rats, and dumb ass drunk underage girls. thank god i live no where near this.
BONNAROO IS WHATS WRONG WITH MUSIC.

Sucks March 12, 2012, 23:45:23

Hate to say it but all festivals are really going this route which blows. I really miss rothbury 2009 It’s becoming less and less about jam bands and legitimate music festival music and more about taking a crap load of drugs and running around like retards

jason baron March 13, 2012, 07:57:10

Thoroughly agree with the above posts. I haven’t been since the first Bonnaroo and it really does get worse and worse each year. Before we know it, it’s gonna turn into a disaster like Woodstock ’99.

the sauce March 13, 2012, 08:43:28

@joe, and the others above, yall are douches. This is the best and most eclectic festival year in and year out. Sorry that you want your festivals limited to the same 20 bands every year. Expand your horizons and seek out different music, there is good stuff everywhere. And I would venture to say that a large majority of the bands that were there in 04 were there last year. Cheese, Panic, Primus, MMJ, Umph were all in attendance last year.

dankerator March 13, 2012, 09:16:55

IT’S JUST SO CORPORATE!!! MONEY MONEY MONEY!!! Although the Danzig thang is way cool!!!

RHCP70 March 13, 2012, 09:52:20

yea its called good business fucktard. This fest pumps millions into that little county in tennessee every year. Thats what this country was founded on…money, business. get use to it. And as for all the dead heads and lame hippes “maaaaaaan” i would much rather go see these bands then listen to the same song being played by 20 different pple all day long.

Chris March 13, 2012, 10:42:29

Good business is fine but Bonnaroo was plenty profitable the first few years which were the years it really had a great vibe and great music. I went to the first eight Bonnaroos so I got a close up view of the decline in the festival. The decline came in the quality of the bands and the quality of the people attending (I’m guessing the two are related). I have a lot of great memories at Bonnaroo but there was nothing like the first few 2002-2005

hippie March 13, 2012, 11:45:45

RHCP70… talk about “fucktard”, this country was founded on money and business? Perhaps you should get your grade 10, Ricky… Bonnaroo doesn’t really suck because of the music, it sucks because it has gone from something essentially grassroots, into something corporate… not everyone appreciates that, if it’s your thing, then have fun… but isn’t ripping on other types of music exactly what made you post your rant in the first place (not to mention your lame attempt at mocking someone’s slang while using such brilliant pieces such as “fucktard”)....

the sauce March 13, 2012, 12:34:48

I dont think ill ever understand what is corporate about Bonnaroo. Everyone says it and im starting to think its just stupid kids who are recycling comments they heard others say. Its 75000 people, camping in a massive field, with tons of street vendors and a wide variety of all sorts of music. I dont see mcdonalds or wendys or state farm running around trying to sling their products. This festival has secured the 3 largest bands of the 90’s as headliners, each within a different genre, all of which are amazing and people complain. Grow up people. The Grateful Dead are over. Jerry died 17 years ago. MOVE ON.

hippie March 13, 2012, 13:30:57

hey sauce… I noticed you picked two corporations that are not there… how about Stubhub, Apple, Ford, MLB, DLink and the list goes on… How about before your post incorrect information and tell people to grow up, you at least take 2 minutes to go to the Bonnaroo website and click on “Partners”? That asking too much? Perhaps you might find just how stupid you look when you mention State Farm as an example… the one difference is that the goal is to not make it obvious to you by having a “Verizon Wireless” banner at the top of the stage… and those 75000 peops get sketchier every year… as for your Jerry comment, never really cared much for the Dead and I’m far from being a kid (unfortunately)... as I said, have fun if something like Bonnaroo is your scene, but no matter how much you bitch, there are many of us who are turned off by where it headed after the first few years when it was unpredictable… doesn’t make me any better than those that go, just means it’s not my scene…

the sauce March 13, 2012, 15:30:15

@ hippy, Then I just dont see the issue with having partnerships for an event this large. There is no visible presence of any of the corporations you listed, at least nothing blaring, and all the “partners” are behind the scenes. Its common business, these companies invest in a succesful annual event and in return receive dividends. They arent there forcing their products down your throat. I would also love to know about the corporate presence from the “glory days” of roo. It was “unpredictable” because they were redefining the festival scene, and continue to do so now. Along with that, these partners have allowed for more bands, more vendors, increased safety and clean up (i have heard horror stories of the portos from the first couple) and many other things. What would you propose? Staying grassroots and crumbling like Rothbury, 10KLF, or langerado? Everything is grassroots in the beginning and if you were present for the original lineups you were younger and most likely feel more nostalgia for being there early on. But I love hearing the differences in opinions. On one hand the scene has gotten “less sketchy” and “more fratty” and on the other its gotten a lot more sketchy. All the years ive been have been very similar experiences. But if it isnt your scene thats fine. I just dont know why you would click on an article about something you dont like just to make a point to others who do like it that you think its so corporate now and it was WAY BETTER back in the day.

hippie March 13, 2012, 16:53:54

Sauce… again, feel as you choose… but my simplest example that has gone on for MANY years is the Grassroots festival in upstate NY, moe.down, Gathering of the Vibes, etc… yes, they may have a minimal corporate presense, but when you have everyone lining up at your door so they can push their products on you (even if it’s done in a manner you don’t really “see” but happens none the less), then you go from being what is organic, to something contrived… it’s a shame the festivals you mention collapsed, and nowhere did I ever say it was WAY BETTER back in the day… simply wasn’t a corporate machine back in the day… that isn’t nostalgic, it’s just the way it is, or was. As for why I clicked on the link, like you I was interested in who was playing there… I love music, I’m interested in what bands are playing where… for example it was interesting to find out Alice Cooper was playing Bonnaroo, but doesn’t mean I have to want to go. Plus, my comments came in only after some idiot referred to people as “fucktards” then babbled on like King “fucktard”. I replied to you because I thought you made some invalid points… again, I don’t think I’m better than you because you love the Roo, I only pointed out where you were wrong when it comes to their corporate relations… and while corporate sponsorship’s are commonplace in these types of things, I personally don’t like it because money starts taking over the idea… whether, or not, it’s been fully converted yet… as someone pointed out, Woodstock 99 is the way I, and many others, see the Bonnaroo ship sailing…

sucks March 13, 2012, 17:26:52

yep sauce you are the exact type of person that is destroying festivals. festivals are not solely about the music, it is about random strangers coming together to celebrate life and the beauty of things, not to take a shit load of drugs and run around. each year more and more people are od’ing or getting in some kind of trouble. true festival goers hardly even go into the actual festival and rather just hangout with the people camped next to them and shoot the shit. and there is a reason that many of the same bands play the same festivals, because they understand what being at a festival truly means. you wanna talk about how awesome bonnaroo is then go rant about it on the mtv blog or some bullshit

the sauce March 14, 2012, 16:31:02

@hippie, thread is a bit old but if you get this I appreciate your opinions and enjoy an intelligent discussion. I wont be going to Roo this year, but i have and will always love the festival for what it is, the biggest party in this nation. However, I think comparing this to woodstock is way overzealous. To my knowledge there were 3 woodstocks (havent done research but i know of 69, 94, and 99) and I would imagine the latter 2 were produced by entirely different organizations with entirely different reasons behind it. I understand enjoying smaller festivals and attending those that contain your favorite artists, but to dismiss this one as a sellout for going in a slightly different direction (i just consider them expanding their horizons with the times) isnt right, but to each their own. Also, I dont see Bonnaroo’s ship sailing anytime soon. In fact I see it gaining more global popularity and going the ways of Glastonbury. Lets face it, it is by far the largest and most succesful festival out there, and it provides a unique experience for different people and fans of different music. Now @sucks, you sir are an idiot and I would guess your age to be around 22 and that you have never been to roo. You go to festivals to camp and not listen to music? You are the problem. And im not sure why you are bringing up drugs, but I would imagine you partake, and lets face it, 95 % of the people there go to get fucked up in an environment that it is deemed acceptable. You are a douche and I dont like you.

eric March 20, 2012, 14:05:26

maaaaan screw frat boys and drugs maaaaaan. all bonaroo wants is money maaaaaan. you people SUCK. we dont want people like you at bonnaroo, cuz we like having fun and you people are pretentious little shit heads