Published: 2012/03/30

Phil Lesh & Friends Cover The Allman Brothers Band, The Band, Van Morrison and More

Phil Lesh debuted a new lineup of his ever-changing Phil & Friends band last night. During another opening run performance at his new San Rafael, CA venue Terrapin Crossroads, Lesh brought together his son Grahame Lesh, Levon Helm Band guitarist/fiddler Larry Campbell and singer Teresa Williams, Furthur/RatDog keyboardist Jeff Chimenti, guitarist Warren Haynes and drummer Jaz Sawyer. The ensemble ran through a mix of classic rock and Americana songs during the night, including Van Morrison’s “Into the Mystic,” The Allman Brothers Band’s “Midnight Rider,” Traffic’s “Low Spark the High Heeled Boys,” Dolly Parton’s “Little Sparrow” and Derek & the Dominos’ “Layla.” The band also tackled the new Furthur song “Mountain Song.” In addition, the Lesh family once again gave out free grilled cheese before the band’s encore.

Campbell, Williams, Chimenti, Sawyer, Grahame Lesh, Larry, Jeff, Jackie Greene, Teresa Williams, Jaz Sawyer will join Lesh at Terrapin Crossroads this evening.

Here’s a look at last night’s setlist via Ratdog.org

Thursday, March 29, Terrapin Crossroads, San Rafael, CA

Morning Dew
Playin Reprise

Donor Rap

E: Liberty

Comments

cosmicbein March 30, 2012, 13:32:14

If you dont dig this setlist just lookin at it,you probably never wil see or understand what Phil is puttin down.Happy Daze

jsmile March 30, 2012, 18:48:57

Mountain Song is not new, that is one that Crosby has on the great LP If I could Only remember my name…I think Jeff Airplane played it a bit in the ol days too…credit should go to those who were instrumental in the song, which includes Phil…but it aint NEW

baloneysthickerthanwater March 30, 2012, 18:54:21

I can only hope to live another 64 years so I can maybe be as cool as you Mr. Cosmicbein. It’s possible that we’re all the same, even those of who will probably never see or understand what Phil is puttin down.

cosmicbein March 30, 2012, 19:03:55

My comment was misunderstood youngblood, tryin to be cool is not my bag.And by the way, if we were all the same like you claim, it would be a very boring world.I didnt comment on my love for Phil to get ripped on .Dead Forever, Forever Dead

baloneysthickerthanwater March 31, 2012, 02:50:39

Sure could have fooled me, Mr. “you probably never will see or understand what Phil is puttin down”.

cosmicbein March 31, 2012, 11:46:17

This forum Mr. Baloney is for music comments ,not to take personal stabs at people.But you are just a chooch,so look in the mirror ,you are one fo sho.Say somethin that makes us understand your reality,knockin on me is baby talk.Dead Forever ,Forever Dead

Mr. Charlie March 31, 2012, 12:19:16

This goes out to the baloney person,seems to me cosmicbein is just givin his or hers opinion about music,why all the callin out,comment on music man.It seems to me your agenda is all messed up,smile and be happy.And by the way, cosmicbein,i love the comment about the world being a boring place if everyone is the same.I do Dig what your sayin, Phil is great, and long may he rock on .Peace Out Brothers and Sisters

Arturo March 31, 2012, 13:29:03

My bologna has a first name, its C.U.S.T.Y

Myles March 31, 2012, 17:11:31

Awesome line up…Hope this one makes it East!