Published: 2012/04/06

The American Pie Phish Connection

With American Reunion now in theaters, we felt it was time to look back on a 2005 Relix interview with American Pie creator
Adam Herz. At the time, Herz was a 32-year-old screenwriter/producer who had seen Phish 47 times since 1993. He was also an outspoken fan of jambands like Umphrey’s McGee, Robert Randolph, Keller Williams and, of course, the Grateful Dead. He even admits that all the American Pie films at onetime contained a few Phish nods.

“At one time or another, every Pie script had a Phish reference in it,” he reveals. “But all the noticeable ones fell out during the filmmaking process.” And while the “Boy! Man! God! Shit!” dialogue got cut, Herz maintains that “vague” references remain in the first American Pie film’s most famous scene.

To read the entire interview, be sure to visit Relix.com

Comments

joseph April 6, 2012, 16:47:16

Who cares??

Dave April 6, 2012, 17:16:09

Bad movie, bad band.

tyler April 6, 2012, 17:41:20

Dear Dave
You are misinformed -Musicians everywhere

me April 6, 2012, 17:52:33

Dave can’t help himself… he’s all giddy because “One Direction” is on SNL tomorrow… Dave’s a big Simon Cowell fan…

trevor P April 6, 2012, 18:16:20

so when Jim fucks the pie I guess its a reference to meatstick

CG April 6, 2012, 18:34:11

So what is the vague reference?

Tom April 6, 2012, 23:30:50

Is this really a story? Wow what a scoop! Journalism at its best!

Befuddled April 6, 2012, 23:42:24

As someone who frequently bashes content on this site — not to mention the oft-shoddy editing — I have to say that this is actually pretty interesting, despite what some might say. A scoop? Yes, probably, in the literal journalistic sense. Earth shattering? No. Kinda cool? Sure. And besides, where else would you have found this out? It won’t change your life, sure, but if you want news that will “mean something,” go watch CNN, or better yet, pick up a copy of the NY Times…

Mike April 7, 2012, 11:26:12

meatstick, good one Trevor!

Shred April 9, 2012, 12:12:24

Saw most of the cast at the Trey show, Hollywood Bowl.

Tati April 22, 2012, 05:49:15

Benjamin / And weeks after I sent USbank an email telling them I was not a coeutmsr and they were not authorized to use my email, here is their response to not being their coeutmsr:In response to your recent inquiry with U.S. Bank Customer Service, we have removed your email address from all of our records. Please note that as a result of this action, if applicable, you will no longer receive security alerts, statements, marketing or other email messaging you may have previously elected to receive from U.S. Bank via email. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you, U.S. Bank 24 Hour Customer Service U.S. BANCORP made the following annotations

Zivojin April 22, 2012, 06:43:47

I have been exploring for a ttille bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site. Studying this information So i am glad to express that I’ve an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I most definitely will make certain to do not overlook this website and give it a look on a constant basis.

Echa April 24, 2012, 04:45:58

Joe went through a phase of dnwairg video games consoles. We don’t own any of these, so unsure where he got the idea. But he’d come home from preschool with dnwairg of a DS’ and didn’t even know what a DS was, really but this sketched out detailed picture with buttons and a screen and then explain to us what was going on in his game which had something to do with Micheal Jackson and waterslides.