Published: 2012/04/13

Furthur Confirms Fall Tour

Furthur is in the midst of a run of shows at New York’s Beacon Theatre. As previosuly reported, last night the group nodded to the RMS Titanic nearly 100 years after the ship hit an iceberg on April 14, 1912 (offering Bob Dylan’s “Desolation Row,” which contains the lyrics “The Titanic sails at dawn,” followed by “Ship of Fools”). The group is now turning to the future with a series of September and October shows. The band will deliver multiple night runs at Red Rocks as well as Edgefield in Troutdale, OR. Mail Order will accept post-marks starting on April 16 while internet pre-Sales will begin on Monday.

Furthur Fall Dates

September 21-23 Morrison, CO—Red Rocks Amphitheatre
September 25 Seattle, WA—WaMu Theater at CenturyLink Field Events Center
September 27-30 Troutdale, OR—Edgefield
September 30 Mountain View, CA—Shoreline Amphitheatre
October 2 San Diego, CA—SDSU Open Air Theatre
October 4 Las Vegas, NV—The Joint
October 5-6 Los Angeles, CA—Greek Theatre
October 7 Santa Barbara, AC—Santa Barbara Bowl

Comments

Cloudy Knight April 13, 2012, 15:13:29

Geez, I wished they’d end this farce already. Bring back Phil & Friends, I almost don’t even care who the friends are, as long as they don’t include Bobby and JK.

shaneo April 13, 2012, 17:16:52

I just love the fact that Bobby and Phil are still so involved in touring constantly, regardless of who else they’re with. Cheers, gents!

Mike April 13, 2012, 19:53:17

JK doesn’t always seem to bring the fire with Furthur, but I think it’s mostly because he isn’t given enough room to. He certainly could bring it with DSO. Either way, Chimenti brings the house down every night.

jed April 14, 2012, 10:09:35

nod to the titanic. Wow. I will remember that moment.

Timmy April 15, 2012, 09:28:42

Haters always gonna hate. More room for the rest of us. Furthur is the best post GD lineup. They are a progressive band constantly searching for that fresh sound to Bob and Phil’s music. Red Rocks would be rediculous.

burning_beard April 17, 2012, 18:07:47

wow, they are going to transcend time and space and be in OR AND CA at the same time.
duuuuuude!!!

MagicT April 18, 2012, 13:06:36

Yeah i’ve done THAT a few times and it’s tons of fun!!!..(i mean the transcending thang, brah…lol). Caught them at The Beacon last night in NYC and they rocked the joint—- God Bless Levon….

LDT3rd April 18, 2012, 19:02:30

Well Im singing in a one hour and three minute long Shubert mass. I have to take advantage of music where I can from home. I held my breath through almost 16 measures of a bass vocal part. I do still appreciate the dead and they are the only source of popular music I like to access. I hope they add some central Florida dates to the Fall tour nest year. from spots reven cisum eht

dc April 21, 2012, 13:05:47

this still leaves room for shows with Phil & The Q doesn’t it?

Mangled Squirrel April 21, 2012, 23:52:37

Cloudy Knight please never post again your vibe is like dog shit on your shoe. Unless you learn what Phil stands for and that would be music, love, family and community. Something you just shit on. Keep on trucking you might get it right yet.
Love in FURTHUR and love on.

Furthur April 23, 2012, 23:08:02

Hey Cloudy Knight,
Stay the hell home. Tired of people complaining. You are not wanted at any shows. Its obvious working or they wouldn’t keep playing.