Published: 2012/04/14

Rod Stewart to Miss Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction

Rod Stewart will miss tonight’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony due to illness, according to a statement posted to his website. The singer was slated to reunite with the classic lineup of the Faces at the ceremony. The statement reads:

Unfortunately Rod is battling the flu this week and regrettably he is unable to accept his induction in person in Cleveland.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame congratulates Rod on his 2012 Induction and wishes him a speedy recovery.

“I’m absolutely devastated,” Stewart said. “Shattered that I’m going to miss my second induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame – and this time alongside my mates.”

Faces will play a short set after they are inducted with Simply Red’s Mick Hucknall singing vocals. He’s a friend of the band and has played with them before. We are thrilled that Mick dropped everything to hop on a plane to be here to play with Faces on Saturday night.

Comments

Kye April 14, 2012, 15:06:24

This is week sausce fo sho. Not that Im a faces fan but the flu really??? I dont even know why they have a rock and roll hall of fame bc no one shows up and none of the original line up is there. Like the guy from the chili peppers who hasnt been with the band that long is the youngest ever to be inducted beating out stevie wonder. Really explain to me how that is fair. At least that douche bag axl rose had the ballz to tell the truth!

Wookie B Custy April 14, 2012, 16:09:40

Man, I really miss the old touring days with Rod Stewart. From the crazy scene on Maggie May Street in the lot to the sick Forever Young>Hot Legs> Do You Think I’m Sexy jams. A true pioneer of the current jam band scene.

cosmicbein April 14, 2012, 17:06:17

Hey Wookie i feel your vibe bro,i remember you on lot,those were the days followin Rod. lol lol lol lol lol Dead Forever,Forever Dead

branderson April 14, 2012, 19:21:32

man they always jammed real hard on young turks. some real epic trippy jams to be heard in there..when they would transition into Rhythm of My Heart after Turks, I felt like my mind was melting. scored some super tabs at many a Rod show.

norma stitz April 15, 2012, 00:47:41

I think he had had stomach pumped

dave April 15, 2012, 14:58:19

If any of you could put down the molly and the nitrous for just a minute and listen to Faces, you would hear a terrific band, with legendary players: Ronny Wood, Kenny Jones, Ian McLagen, Ronnie Lane, and Rod partied harder than any wook in the lot on the Bisco’s tour. The sad part is Rod’s manager convinced him to leave the band and pursue a solo career that started cool, but ended up turning him into a puss…

me April 16, 2012, 11:04:45

Rod may have ended up in the “over the top” pop scene… but ignorance, from those who think they have a handle on “real” music, is pouring from the above posts… you look very foolish trying to post a music related comment mocking a person simply due to your musical ignorance!

branderson April 18, 2012, 21:27:55

hahaha yeah well I’ll have you know I was just playing along, I found Wookie B Custy’s comment to be hilarious, not offensive. I’m a big time Faces fan in all seriousness. I have a decent amount of Rod on in my collection, albeit a decent amount are guilty pleasures
Every Picture Tells a Story is a great album I’m just waiting for him to bring back the 20 min+ Forever Young transcendental jams. That too much to ask?