Published: 2012/04/26

Zac Brown Band Adds a Member

Percussionist Daniel de los Reyes has officially joined Zac Brown Band. He will appear on the country-jam titan’s forthcoming studio album Uncaged, which is set for release on July 10 on Atlantic Records/Southern Ground Artists. Brown decided to add a percussionist to his band after jamming with Trombone Shorty and touring with Kings of Leon. The addition will also expand the band’s sound as it moves into larger arenas and stadiums on its own. In addition to Brown, the group’s lineup also includes violinist/singer Jimmy De Martini, bassist/singer John Driskell Hopkins, guitarist/organist Coy Bowles, multi-instrumentalist/singer Clay Cook and drummer Chris Fryar.

Comments

DrasticJasper April 26, 2012, 10:54:17

Bleh Zac Brown Band Sucks

Befuddled April 26, 2012, 13:35:01

For the love of God, PLEASE take off your damned ski cap, you look like a tool!

Kramer April 28, 2012, 13:14:11

Why is this article in this site? This band is awful!! Just b/c they’re trying to keep it real by getting on a few festy lineups doesn’t mean they’re not a generic southern country/rock band that relies on mainstream radio for support. I only know 1 fan…my 16 yr old cousin.

Michele April 30, 2012, 11:37:44

Wow, thanks for the positive comments! Zac Brown Band happens to be one of the most talented bands around today, mainstream radio support or not. They have an absolutely phenomenal live show…have any of you that are saying they suck seen them live? I highly recommend that you do that before making any more negative comments. The addition of Daniel de los Reyes is only going to make it better!

Brandon May 1, 2012, 02:01:04

I agree Michele. Zac Brown Band actually puts on a great live show! Some people are just so closed-minded they wouldn’t know.

Penny May 3, 2012, 15:02:19

Daniel makes a great band even better. They are amazing live, but the CDs keep getting better and better. Looking froward to the new one that comes out in July.

Karolin May 6, 2012, 11:08:40

What in the world are those first comments supposed to mean?!Have you guys ever heard of something called talent?The Zac Brown Band is full of talent and their live shows are the best ones I have ever attended! As far as the “ski cap”(?)-comment goes: I am sorry to inform you but Zac honestly does not care if you like his outfit. Seriously, show some respect not just to the Zac Brown Band but also to all other artists out there. Unless you can sing and play the guitar like Zac does, you should keep your shallow “cap” comments to yourself. Open your mind and go see them live.You will know what I mean! If you still don’t like them after that, just listen to whatever music you like and stop insulting people!

L.T. Quinn April 26, 2013, 06:15:17

The problem with the Zac Brown Band is that every song they release sounds exactly the same. I mean, the backup musicians are great and Zac Brown sings okay. I don’t think his guitar playing abilities are that great. But come on, that describes every other competent bar band I’ve ever seen. Their success lies with convincing soccer moms that they are producing great new music, when in reality, they’re rehashing the colder weather and chicken fried songs over and over again. Right now, I’m watching this video on CMT ZBB is appearing in, which features a bunch of circus props from the 20s. I swear you can not tell the melody from colder weather. They might as well be that band that Andy from Parks and Recreation sings with.