Published: 2012/05/03

Railroad Earth to Host 2nd Annual Hangtown Halloween Ball

Railroad Earth will host the 2nd annual Hangtown Halloween Ball, which is set to run October 26 – 28 at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds in Placerville, CA. The weekend festival features three nights of music with Railroad Earth, along with surprises to be announced as the event date nears. Last year, Railroad Earth performed a partly-improvised live score to the silent horror classic Nosferatu, as the film projected on a huge screen for attendees.

Early bird tickets are available through June 4 via the Hangtown Halloween Ball website.

Comments

Jack McCrack May 4, 2012, 07:26:11

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, they don’t even have a lineup posted yet AND they can’t even have a festival in their “home” states, sad so sad …

James May 4, 2012, 08:58:36

Last year was fun, but this year the organizers got GREEDY. 100% increase in VIP tickets, charging for late night shows that were free last year. Sorry RRE, our group is skipping this due to the greed factor. Last year the place wasn’t even close to sold out (perfect from a fan’s perspective BTW, so that’s not a complaint, just an observation). I fail to see how nickle-and dime-ing your fans is going to fill it this year.

Craig May 4, 2012, 14:47:39

I’m not sure what you guys are talking about. High Sierra barely just announced their lineup for July, so this doesn’t seem too weird. Last year was totally awesome at Hangtown and I thought tix were cheap as all hell for the weekend. This doesn’t seem like too much of a hike to me.

Russell May 4, 2012, 16:24:36

Last year was a hoot. Especially after no Tortugas. I’d rather it not sell out as the crowd last year was perfect. We need a tent though in the event of rain. Maybe they’d move into the exhibit hall if it rained.

Ryan May 7, 2012, 14:17:34

I really don’t think the event organizers are getting greedy!? They practically gave the show away last years & VIP didn’t include your festival pass so its actually far from a 100% increase plus. If the festival doesn’t make money it wont exist

Gaone July 11, 2012, 13:19:51

cont) cornering.. Both are very very cosntsiant riders.. I remember at Las Vegas two years ago, Ryan V. was way ahead and Dungey walked him down and passed him.. I didn’t believe he had it in him.. I mean basically Stewart for a lap is the fastest man, hands down.. But when his riding over his head or didn’t run away from the start, he’s alot of times in trouble.. Chad is NOT his speed but close enough and stable enough to stay on two wheels and on the podium almost every race. TREY has a future