Published: 2012/05/09

John Stamos Joins The Beach Boys in New York

Full House star John Stamos performed with The Beach Boys at New York’s Beacon Theatre last night. Stamos—who drummed with the group for a bit in the ’80s and featured the Beach Boys on his kidcom a handful of times—introduced the group before the show and joined the band on drums at the end of their first set. After a video of deceased band co-founder Dennis Wilson malfunctioned, Stamos also provided lead vocals on a song he recorded with his fake band Jesse & The Rippers on Full House (on most nights the surviving Beach Boys sing alongside a video of Dennis Wilson during the song). At the end of the set, Stamos returned for a third time to play drums, guitar and congas. The actor also sat in with The Beach Boys at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival in late April. The Beach Boys will return to the Beacon this evening.

Here’s a look at last night’s setlist via Setlist.Fm

Tuesday, May 8, Beacon Theatre, New York, NY

Set I:
Do It Again
Catch a Wave
Hawaii
Don’t Back Down
Surfin’ Safari
Surfer Girl
Please Let Me Wonder
You’re So Good to Me
Wendy
Then I Kissed Her
The Little Girl I Once Knew
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
When I Grow Up (to Be a Man)
Cotton Fields
Disney Girls
Don’t Worry Baby (with John Stamos on drums)
Little Honda (with John Stamos on drums)
Be True to Your School (with John Stamos on drums)
Little Deuce Coupe (with John Stamos on drums)
409 (with John Stamos on drums)
Shut Down (with John Stamos on drums)
I Get Around (with John Stamos on drums)

Set II:
California Dreamin’
Sloop John B
Wouldn’t It Be Nice
Forever (with John Stamos on vocals)
Sail on, Sailor
Heroes and Villains
In My Room
All This Is That
This Whole World
I Just Wasn’t Made for These Times
God Only Knows
That’s Why God Made the Radio
California Girls
All Summer Long
Help Me, Rhonda
Rock and Roll Music (with John Stamos on drums)
Do You Wanna Dance? (with John Stamos on drums)
Barbara Ann with John Stamos on guitar)
Surfin’ USA (with John Stamos on guitar)

E:
Kokomo (with John Stamos on congas)
Good Vibrations
Fun, Fun, Fun (with John Stamos on guitar)

Comments

Springer May 9, 2012, 19:24:05

Can anyone tell me what on Earth this article has to do at all with Jam Music or the jam community in general? Is jambands.com running out of serious news to share? Just asking.

norma stitz May 9, 2012, 19:31:16

take a pill springer- what a setlist

stamos is god May 9, 2012, 19:38:36

My favorite fake John Stamos band was Blackie and the Riff Raff

Sean May 9, 2012, 23:56:25

The beach boys were influential to a good deal of music you listen to today…know your root springer

mike May 10, 2012, 01:32:48

without stamos on bongos – it’s just beach boys music. they should break out a talking heads tune – with stamos [on guitar] of course. ha!

Richard May 10, 2012, 08:00:20

The tough life of John Stamos continues..

Eric May 10, 2012, 08:05:38

I know they were respected, influential, blah blah blah, but for me sitting through that concert would be the equivalent of being water boarded at Guantanamo bay.

Tostones Fix May 10, 2012, 09:09:31

44 Songs! Wow.

eric is a fool May 10, 2012, 09:10:15

you are an idiot eric. go listen to pet sounds, reportedly it inspired the beatles to record sgt. peppers. would you rather get gang raped than listen to the beatles?

JB May 10, 2012, 09:44:01

An amazing setlist. I am sure this concert was great. I cannot believe they played 44 songs! Yes, Stamos’ tough life continues…lol. The Beach Boys are extremely influential and important to the landscape of American music and if you can’t realize that, then it really sucks for you. Pet Sounds is one of the most important albums of all-time – ranking near the tops of greatest albums. I am not a huge Beach Boys fan but I saw them 20 some odd years ago thanks to my parents. Their contributions will not be forgotten anytime soon. I am glad these guys are back out there getting things done. Bravo!

DANKERATOR May 10, 2012, 09:55:26

The beach boys lookn forward to checkn them out this summer! They r a legendary band who influenced so many! What a set list from the beacon. I have no problem with john stamos etc. He was there friggin drummer for a while!! Take it for what it is!

me May 10, 2012, 11:54:40

Beach Boys??? Never heard of these hacks that my man Stamos sat in with… seriously, Blackie must have rocked that stuff… I remember how hard I used to rock it in my underoos and tennis racket when Jesse and the Rippers jammed on Full House… that was some heady stuff there bra!!! It’s what got me into the heavy stuff like The Wiggles!!! Seriously, why hate on a band that has been around, and proven themselves, for 50 years??? I’m no real fan, but for any band to pull that off… all while jammin’ two sets and 44 tunes in a show 50 years later… that should impress any music lover!!!

jsmile May 11, 2012, 10:00:38

Beach Boys kill it, and yes Paul McCartney was heavily influenced by Pet Sounds, the track recording, and the album’s production. B. Wilson was influenced by Revolver & Rubber Soul. You may be naive or not like it Eric/Springer….but the B. Boys and the Beatles wouldn’t like you either.