Published: 2012/06/04

Neil Young & Crazy Horse Announce Tour Dates

In support of their first album in nine years, Neil Young & Crazy Horse will hit the road this fall for an extended run of dates. Kicking off on October 3 in Windsor, ON, the band will remain on the road for nearly two months with stops on in both Canada and the US. Supporting the band on the first half of the dates will be Los Lobos, while Patti Smith will provide support on the latter half.

Tickets go on sale starting June 8 via Ticketmaster and Live Nation. Fans who purchase their tickets on-line will receive a copy of the group’s new album, Americana, which comes out June 5 via Reprise Records.

$1.00 from every ticket sold will go directly to benefit The Bridge School, which assists children with severe physical impairments and complex communication needs.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse North American Tour

Oct-3 Windsor, ON—WFCU Centre (*)
Oct-5 Kingston, ON—K-ROCK Centre (*)
Oct-6 London, ON—John Labatt Centre (*)
Oct-8 Cleveland, OH—Wolstein Center (*)
Oct-9 Pittsburgh, PA—Petersen Events Center (*)
Oct-11 Chicago, IL—United Center (*)
Oct-13 Austin, TX—Austin City Limits Festival
Oct-14 Tulsa, OK—Tulsa Convention Center Arena (*)
Oct-17 Los Angeles, CA—Hollywood Bowl (*)
Nov-10 Seattle, WA—Key Arena (*)
Nov-11 Vancouver, BC—Rogers Arena (*)
Nov-13 Calgary, AB—Scotiabank Saddledome (*)
Nov-14 Saskatoon, SK—Credit Union Centre (*)
Nov-16 Winnipeg, MB—MTS Centre (*)
Nov-19 Toronto, ON—Air Canada Centre (*)
Nov-23 Montreal, QC—Bell Centre (#)
Nov-24 Ottawa, ON—Scotiabank Place (#)
Nov-26 Boston, MA—TD Garden (#)
Nov-27 New York, NY—Madison Square Garden (#)
Nov-29 Philadelphia, PA—Wells Fargo Center (#)
Nov-30 Fairfax, VA—Patriot Center (#)
Dec-4 Bridgeport, CT—Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard (#)

(*) = w/ Los Lobos
(#) = w/ Patti Smith

Comments

Michael June 4, 2012, 18:48:13

Where’s the Michigan date?!?

john June 4, 2012, 19:16:01

Wow, another Neil Young tour where he charges over $250 for tickets!! Not getting my money!!

chris s June 4, 2012, 22:15:40

But you get a free cd!!! Deal!

Doug June 4, 2012, 23:42:00

He was PHENOMENAL solo a couple of years ago here in SC.Where’s the Southeast Neil?

Gregg June 4, 2012, 23:45:43

$77 and $260 are the two price ranges for MSG??? Come on Neil, do you really need that kind of cash?

Jim June 5, 2012, 10:03:38

Love Neil Young and have been a fan for years but I think he’s past his prime. Also as mentioned previously, it’s somewhat ironic that guys like Neil, who have already made their fortune turn around and charge outlandish ticket prices. You’d think that at that point they would be into it for the art and would sort of reward their fans with low prices after they have supported them all those years.

Sean June 5, 2012, 12:07:21

Getting the band’s gear from city to city isn’t cheap, and I’m sure that none of his stagehands and crew work for free…

Luke June 5, 2012, 16:18:49

I cannot put into words how much love and respect I have always had for Neil and his work with Crazy Horse especially.
That said, his ticket prices however, and he’s of course not the only one to be guilty of this, are utterly outlandish. Neil in my mind sure in the hell deserves more criticism for this precisely because he’s so unique and real and not a pop star. The fact that he’s had millions coming out of his ears for decades should theoretically in moral terms be irrelevant but it’s real hard to look past that, honestly speaking. As Jim said it is us who have ultimately given him this. The suggestion that ‘getting the gear from city to city’ and paying the ‘stagehands’ etc merits ticket prices at 260$ or even 100$ is absurd. Tickets for many legends of that generation have tripled, quadrupled or even more since the 90s…have our salaries quadrupled? Where are these artists priorities? If you ask me Bob and Phil charge entirely too much as well, and their charging not even half of what Neil will be. It’s really saddening to see Neil force these sums on the public when it was specifically him who knew what rocknroll meant to kids, young adults etc and made it more real than anyone else – now he’ll be playing to your average yuppie jerkoff who knows nothing of his essence and will have gotten the ticket from his company and all his slacker buddies will be filling up the first 30 rows. He can do what he wants but in the end it’ll be his conscience and there’s no justification whatsoever. Naysayers (mostly conservatives neanderthals) will say ‘don’t go’ and….I won’t. It’s a fucking shame though.

Luke June 5, 2012, 16:22:09

‘they’re’ not ‘their’ sorry

JC June 5, 2012, 17:34:10

“Don’t want no cash
Don’t need no money
Ain’t got no stash
This note’s for you.” (my a**)

Mindset June 5, 2012, 21:30:55

Neil, (or any other musician) doesn’t “owe” any of us anything. Sadly that is the mindset of a growing number of people in our society.

Nemesis June 6, 2012, 09:34:42

He might not “owe” us anything, but don’t defend hypocritical behavior. For someone who portrays himself as a people’s person and leans to the left, he sure is making it hard for the less fortunate to go to his show. And he does not need the money. I am a professional who has money and am not one of “those” people who you are seeking to put down, but I can call a spade a spade. Mindset, you are insensitive. Go take your capitalistic “mindset” elsewhere. I think the RNC is calling.

Bill Harriman June 6, 2012, 10:57:17

The prices are outrageous. I love Neil Young but he comes across as a total hypocrate here. He fancies himself as a Woody Guthrie type on his new CD but it looks like he’s only in it for the money. If I want a pair of tickets it will cost me around $400.00. I have a good job but I can’t afford that nor would I ever pay that for a concert. How does he justify this?

me June 6, 2012, 12:39:32

You can argue for, or against Neil’s prices… all I will say is walk the walk, of the talk you talk… Neil, IMO, is not doing this… of course it’s completely his right to charge what he wants… but it’s also fair to question his motives… if he wants a bunch of “Rock and Roll will never die… hey, hey, my, my but I don’t know any more of your songs lyrics” type people standing in front of him, I hope he enjoys it… but I would have thought he’d rather look out and see those people who truly care for his music more than what they heard on classic Rock radio last week… but, again, it’s his choice… I’m just bummed I won’t see Crazy Horse again… Luckily I was able to see them once back in the 80s when they regrouped for a tour…

Jeff McZep June 6, 2012, 15:22:49

At $250 for a two and a half hour show, the cost to attend is about $100 per hour. I’d go if I made $100 per hour, but I don’t. There are a lot of Neil fans who do, though, so I hope they enjoy the show. I’ll enjoy the DVD when it comes out. I’m still a huge fan and would have loved one last run with the horses, but I chose a profession that helps humanity that unfortunately doesn’t pay enough to see a legend. Wonder how many farmers will be in attendance?

Wookie June 8, 2012, 08:38:02

Let’s look at this logically from a purely monetary aspect. MSG holds between 2000 and 5600 people, multiply the average number of people, 2800 by the ticket price of $263.00 we come up with $763,400. Not a bad haul for 2.5 hours of work… $294,560 per hour. And that’s just an average, estimate. Now I bought several tickets to see Phil and Bobby this summer and the average ticket price was under $60.00. Do I think that is outrageous? It does cost money to travel. Two trucks, tour busses, equipment, crew, and what not. But, when we look at what Furthur gained at MSG using the same formula, they gained an average of $168,000. So we have on one hand Neil at $763,400 for one night at the garden as compared to Bobby and Phil with $168,000 for the same venue and same amount of work. Why does it cost Neil so much more to do the same amount of work at the same venue? YOU do the math and tell me who is ripping people off and who is not???

daveyk June 9, 2012, 13:41:58

Neil doesn’t get the gate receipts. Promoters do. Neil gets a guarantee from the promoter to show up with the band and play. Having said that 260 bucks is an insane price to pay for 2 1/2 hours of anything that requires your clothes to be on.

kramer June 9, 2012, 19:15:55

Well I hope you all stay home then there will be more room for me.