Published: 2012/06/20

Boyd Tinsley Joins Twitter, Tweets About Phish

Dave Matthews Band violinist Boyd Tinsley has created an official Twitter account and is letting fans know that he has “a lot to say.” Tinsley started the account on June 18 and told fans yesterday that he would begin sharing more today, as he was busy seeing Phish in Portsmouth, VA last night. Two hours ago, he reported in saying that “Phish was awesome. I missed the first set, just like I missed my flight this morning. When I get home I’ll tell ya’ll about my film. Peace.” Be sure to follow Mr. Tinsley’s twitter feed at @bt_dmb.

As previously reported, Tinsley spent time working on a new, experimental film, titled Faces in the Mirror during Dave Matthews Band’s hiatus in 2011. Last week, during a day off from DMB’s current tour, Tinsley screened the film at New York’s Varick Room and participated in a Q & A. The film was recently picked up by Snag films and will be released in August. In addition to some new music from Tinsley, the film’s soundtrack also features fellow Dave Matthews Band bassist Stefan Lessard, The Silent Comedy and Reggie Watts’ band Maktub.

Comments

a June 20, 2012, 14:57:43

sit in tonight possibly?? stash w/ boyd could be NUTS

Jesse June 20, 2012, 15:21:33

Sit-in seems unlikely, as he clearly was planning to fly away from Portsmouth this morning.

me June 20, 2012, 16:01:02

Riveting… “Phish was awesome…” just riveting… yes, I’m older (mid 40s) but about 90% of twitter is nothing short of pointless… No disrespect to Boyd… heck, I’m a huge Phish phan, and there isn’t much that Gordo has to say that really is worth reading… of course, I guess this comment could fit within the confines of my Twitter view %^P

yousaidit June 20, 2012, 16:49:01

You said it, you are 40. Your generation is so adorably lost…thanks for the word processor, though.

rust June 20, 2012, 17:16:38

^^^
yousaidit… u r clearly lost if you are defending twitter in the slightest, go read a book instead of someone’s trivial thoughts.

Banana Split June 20, 2012, 19:11:59

Contemplating joining the twitter trend to sate my compelling predilection to inform “whoever” that I just found a nickel in my shoe!!

Tim June 20, 2012, 23:42:56

Just wanted to let you know I’m not wearing any underwear.