Published: 2012/07/11

Outside Lands Announces Late Night Lineup

Outside Lands ticketholders will have the chance to catch some intimate performances after each night of the festival. The festival has curated 10 late night shows in total, which all require separate admission. These shows will take place at 4 different venues in San Francisco and include acts such as Andrew Bird, MSTRKRFT, and White Denim.

Outside Lands ticket holders will receive a password via email in order to acquire tickets for these shows, which go on sale Friday, July 13 at 10AM PDT. Passwords will be sent out on Thursday, July 12 after 12PM to those who have purchased tickets online by that time.

Outside Lands Night Show Lineup

8/8 – Two Gallants (Rickshaw Stop 8:00pm)
8/9 – Of Monsters and Men w. Papa, DJ Britt Govea (California Academy of Sciences 7:30pm)
8/9 – Andrew Bird w. DJ Britt Govea, Kelly Hogan (The Independent 8:00pm)
8/10 – Washed Out (The Independent 10:00pm)
8/10 – Sharon Van Etten w. Dosh (Rickshaw Stop 10:00pm)
8/10 – White Denim w. Futurebirds (Brick & Mortar Music Hall 10:00pm)
8/11 – MSTRKRFT w. The M Machine (The Independent 10:00pm)
8/11 – Electric Guest w. Midi Matilda (Brick & Mortar Music Hall 10:00pm)
8/12 – Allen Stone (Rickshaw Stop 10:00pm)
8/12 – Grandaddy w. Caveman (The Independent 10:00pm)

Comments

adam thomas July 11, 2012, 15:13:03

who? what?

Brownfingers July 11, 2012, 16:22:32

On top of having the least jammiest music schedule yet, this is just another collection of un-motivating shows. I don’t even see how this is notable or relevant to jambands.com. What from the jam world is represented at this festival? Neil & Crazy Horse is the headiest part of this year’s lineup and the only reason I will attend. Outside Lands must know that many others are thinking like me, so they are refusing to release to daily schedule (which was to be released in June and was out long before this time each of the past years). They’re also not selling single day tickets yet even though the festival is less than a month away. OL is being overly manipulative and making it difficult to plan for that weekend, which, did I mention is less than a month away?

m July 11, 2012, 17:21:42

blah

Ripple July 11, 2012, 17:29:53

I saw the subject line and was thinking, shit, I gotta go ahead and buy my ticket. Then I saw the names of the bands; I’ve heard of two of them. I agree with Brownfinger. OL is pitched to an entirely different audience.

DJ Damage July 11, 2012, 17:49:58

Well put Brownfingers. Superfly used to be a cool, grassroots organization putting on exciting and innovative shows around NOLA Jazzfest. They have blossomed into the inevitable corporate monopoly, going as far as restricting bands from performing within a timeframe and radius if they play their festivals (although they didn’t have the balls to stop Metallica from playing a club show in TN before their B-roo slot, so apparently it only affects the bands who have the most to lose from the policy). Regarding O-Lands, I called co-conspirators Another Planet (Bill would be ashamed of you!) and explained to the woman that not only did I not want to attend all 3 days, it would be a logistical possibility ($,family, job, etc, you know, “real world” stuff). She replied that I could split the tickets with my friends who wanted to see the other shows. Once I stopped laughing, I explained that my Stevie Wonder & Metallica friends were out of town that weekend. What a farce & tragedy for the average fan. Note to Superfly: GO HOME!! We have plenty of venues, artists and independent promoters who actually care about the fans and the music. You and AP & Corin Capshaw are a disgrace to the people you profess to care about.

Gabe July 12, 2012, 14:46:51

This lineup sounds ok, but I’ll spend my evenings that weekend seeing GOD STREET WINE at Sweetwater Music Hall. Their first time in California Since the 90’s!!!! It’s going to be a couple of great nights on August 10th and 11th!!! I can’t Wait!!!! Hope to see a lot of you there!

Other options July 12, 2012, 14:49:55

Screw this, i’m heading to the God Street Wine west coast reunion shows on Aug 10th and 11th up at the Sweerwater Music Hall in Mill Valley. sweetwatermusichall.com

lynnguppy July 12, 2012, 16:38:43

Agreed with the 2 above commenters— God Street Wine is in Cali for the first time in over a decade on 8/10 and 8/11, and they are positively on FIRE— Sweetwater Music Hall is gonna be all the action we need!!!