Published: 2012/07/31

Hot Tuna Cancels Northwest Dates

Hot Tuna has cancelled a series of shows while Diana Casady, the wife of bassist Jack Casady, battles cancer. A statement from the band reads, “Jack Casady’s wife, longtime love Diana, is in the late stages of a rare form of cancer. She has fought an amazing fight for over ten years. It is with a heavy heart that Hot Tuna announces that they are canceling the last three dates in this six week Steady As She Goes tour. Please keep Diana and Jack in your thoughts and prayers and please send Diana love and light. In Latin the name Diana means ‘luminous.’ Indeed she is and will always be.” Those cancelled dates include the band’s scheduled stops at Bend, OR’s Tower Theatre (8/2), Portland, OR’s Aladdin Theater (8/3) and Bellingham, WA’s Mount Baker Rhythm & Blues Festival Deming Log Show Fairgrounds (8/4).

Comments

cosmicbein July 31, 2012, 13:50:00

To the entire Casady Family,my thoughts and prayers are with you.

me July 31, 2012, 14:52:12

I’m in the midst of losing my stepmom to brain cancer… and knowing how much my dad is suffering helps me to understand where Jack and Diana are at this moment… I feel for both… and wish them both peace with what they are dealing with…

Dennis July 31, 2012, 17:03:01

Jack My thoughts are with you and your family.

Greg July 31, 2012, 19:29:15

God bless you Jack and family. Please everyone consider cancer donations in their honor.

schwadog July 31, 2012, 23:09:13

Best wishes and happy thoughts to Jack and Familiy. love 4 Tuna!!!

ed lorah August 1, 2012, 01:46:54

prayers. love, and best wishes in a very difficult time to all of you.

gregdread August 1, 2012, 01:58:30

I hope that Jack’s wife is able to make it through, and my heart felt sympathy to Jack and his family.

tee August 1, 2012, 10:42:06

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Diana and Jack.

Suzanne August 1, 2012, 17:58:02

My thoughts and prayers are with all the family and friends at this time. May her name be for a blessing to all of us.
My husband suffers from many illnesses but mainly dementia. Being in the music industry for most of my life it is those who are my “family of choice” that lift spirits when things seem overwhelming. My thanks to all the musicians who share their spirit with us. Peace and Love~

Bill Mc August 1, 2012, 18:24:38

I have not seen Hot Tuna in 40 years! I was really looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night in Bend.
The concert don’t mean shit when it comes to family! I will pray for Jack and Diana…May God bless them both in their time of need….

DanAndJen August 3, 2012, 22:04:59

So sorry to hear Jack,you are the best.Diana is in our thoughts and prayers.Sending love and light your way.The two nights at The Sweetwater were pure magic.Thank you.

joshkenney1@gmail.com September 9, 2012, 22:33:40

I want to tell you as a fan that you and your family are in my thoughts. Safe travels sir.

Justine Cahn Fenu October 13, 2012, 15:22:48

Dear Jack, My heart goes out to you. I feel your pain. I lost my son,Jesse, to Cancer 5 years ago. But love goes on through time and space in the most miraculous ways. In spite of the pain, love is the best thing about life. May you find comfort from good friends and family. God bless you. Justine
from Syracuse

doug zimmer April 8, 2013, 17:41:29

jack my condolences from the bottom of my heart/i love you as a person and you are my favorite musician/use that great talent of yours to get through this we will be there with you /peace DZ