Published: 2012/08/03

moe. Announces Fall Tour Dates, Confirms New Year’s Plans

Following drummer Vinnie Amico’s return to the road earlier this week, moe. have announced a series of fall tour dates as well as their New Year’s run plans. The group kicks off the tour with a pair of shows at the Saranac Brewery in Utica, NY on October 12 and 13, and will make stops in Geneva, NY, Minneapolis and Cincinnati along the way. The group will also perform the soon-to-be reopened Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY, on November 9, as well as Denver’s Ogden Theatre on November 30 and December 1.

As for New Year’s, moe. will kick off the run with a pair of shows at The Palladium in Worcester, MA on December 28 and 29 before going on to Portland, ME’s State Theater on December 30 and 31. See below for the full list of dates.

moe. Tour Dates

Comments

chris August 3, 2012, 19:46:36

thats great they jam like the dead and 2 nights in utica wow

chris August 3, 2012, 19:46:37

thats great they jam like the dead and 2 nights in utica wow

Mike August 4, 2012, 01:53:44

What happened??? Back in the late 90’s early 2000’s I thought for sure moe. was going to be the next arena jam band. At the time I was on a heavy rotation of live shows, both Phish and moe… moe. was putting jams together that rivaled phish, intense, tight, mind blowing and I never thought I would say that abut a band other than phish, moe looked like they were on the verge. I remember one summer seeing them sell out the bank of America pavilion in Boston back to back and the venue holds 5,000, I thought to myself this is it they are turning that corner… but they didnt. Don’t get me wrong, they are a great band and playing in front of 3,000 people is an accomplishment. I just thought they were going to make it, I guess more than anything I wanted them to make it big, they are nice guys. I started seeing them in early 90’s with 200 people in attendance so I got to see them grow. I was / am just really pulling for them. Anyone else out there feel the same way?

Lazarus August 4, 2012, 07:13:48

I guess it all depends on your definition of success. I think by any standard moe. HAS made it.

arolle August 4, 2012, 10:00:20

Moe has made it but they’re not as good as phish so they haven’t made it as big as phish. But they’ve still reached a level of success most bands never will.

Sellini August 4, 2012, 10:04:14

But they are still totally kicking ass these days. they consistently put on a great show.

timmy August 4, 2012, 13:21:43

I’ve seen moe. about 14 times going back to ’98. Their music and their live shows have changed quite a bit since then. It’s not that they’re bad now. Just not as good as they were, which was epic for awhile. I just went to SummerCamp for the first time, and it was absolutely sick. Lots of great music all around, featuring moe. and Umphrey’s. I caught all but one moe. show over the four days. They still bring it. Their jamming is still better than most “jambands.” They do get lost once in a while, and seem to sputter more. The energy is not very consistant all the time, but you could say that about any band. Their newer music leaves alot to be desired. Overall, they’re still awsome, and I will see them whenever they make it through town.

Andy August 4, 2012, 14:34:25

moe. rocks and jam like nobody else. To say they are not as good as in the late 90’s is completely untrue. Saw them twice recently and both shows were amazing. I think they have their rotation of songs in place to keep sets exciting. And if they have made it or not… They are succesful since they make a
Iving playing. As far as blowing up that may never happen, but for some acts it takes a really long time.

timmy August 4, 2012, 14:48:44

number of attendence has nothing to do with whether or not a band has “made it”. It’s all in the music.

greg August 13, 2012, 13:03:55

i couldn’t agree more that moe. didn’t end up as big as i expected. i had the same feelings as mike many years ago. especially when hiatus hit…we all had the conversation about who would fill the void. would it be UM, SCI, moe.? i was pulling for moe. as i thought, out of the three, they had the sound with the most overall appeal that could pull in fans from outside the jamband scene. for example, there was a day in st. louis when you had to get your moe. tix in the first few weeks or the show would be sold out. they would roll through town on a friday or saturday and it would be sold out well in advance. however in the last 2 years, the pageant, where they routinely played to sold out crowds doesn’t even open the balcony…and they are welcomed to town mid week with tickets galore available at show time. i just don’t get it. i think they are different than in the 90s, but so is phish, so is UM, so is every other band…they’re all much more mature and have experienced a critical 15-20 years of evolution. i really thought they’d blow up too and remain confused at the vacancy in venues when they are absolutely killing it. you can always count on a 2nd set mind blowing experience from moe.