Published: 2012/08/07

Scott Murawski and Kenwood Dennard Expected to Join The Allman Brothers Band Tonight

Max Creek guitarist Scott Murawski and drummer Kenwood Dennard will join The Allman Brothers Band at the Bank of America Pavilion in Boston tonight. The news was confirmed last night by Allman’s bassist Oteil Burbridge during a private jam session with Murawski and Dennard at Radio in Somerville, MA. Following a request for one more song, Burbridge revealed to the crowd that the two musicians would be joining the Allman’s tonight in Boston.

The Allman Brothers Band kicks off the first of two nights at the venue this evening.

Comments

WormsNoBones August 7, 2012, 18:21:17

scott Murawski came out for “mountain jam” at wanee in 2011 and it was great. I bet this will be a fun night

nh dead fan August 7, 2012, 18:58:44

hope they are both playing on Weds, I can’t wait for the show! yee haa

Cfah aka Chris Mmmmmainard August 7, 2012, 20:41:24

I was fortunate enough to be in attendance last night…. this trio Brought The Goods!!
If I weren’t en route to SF I’d be at tonights show!!

norma stitz August 7, 2012, 22:13:15

I smell pulitzer!!!!

jamesdinct August 8, 2012, 00:21:07

I love to see Scott get this kind of recognition. He should be way more of a “known” name in the jam ‘community’ he’s got the goods. He and Creek have been around as long as ABB they are not quite as good but not that much less good than ABB they just never got the cred that Gregg n the boys got.

dave bonan August 8, 2012, 00:50:17

why does it have to be hater or lover? creek is great. i wouldn’t see them for 20 years if they sucked. i just hope he gets to play more than one song. he always brings it.

dave bonan August 8, 2012, 01:19:21

scott’s solo at 8:19 is enough to go crazy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHD23g1K4OI

murray August 8, 2012, 06:02:49

Not quite as good? Maybe not if you prefer southern noodlers, but puhleez. ABB has some classics, but I’ve never walked away from one of their shows as elated as after a Creek show. This is not about Max Creek though. This is about Scott Murawski, one of the sickest guitarists I’ve ever seen. And Kenwood Dennard is one mean drummer…