Published: 2012/08/15

A Barenaked Lady Joins Blues Traveler Onstage

Collaborations continue on the Last Summer on Earth Tour. As previously reported, the outing features Barenaked Ladies, Cracker, Blues Traveler and Big Head Todd & the Monsters. On Thursday at Council Bluffs, IA’s Stir Cove, Barenaked Ladies singer Ed Robertson emerged during Blues Traveler’s set for a cover of Peter Gabriel’s “Sledgehammer.” The package tour rolls into Philadelphia, PA’s Festival Pier this evening.

Comments

kip August 15, 2012, 12:52:41

They did the same thing in Indy, and it was terrible. I was very dissapointed in the show, I thought it sucked. Don’t get me wrong Cracker and BHTM were both really good, But Cracker got 25 min. to play and BHTM got about 35 min. I went with the plan to get out of there after Traveler, but should have left after BHTM. The crowd sucked, it was like being at a Jimmy Buffet show, Johnny Poppers voice was trashed and the two opening bands who are far superior then the headliners had short sets, you agree don’t ya Doc?

Doc August 15, 2012, 13:29:41

LOL, I agree 100%. This show was more like a dinosaur tour than i expected. With the length of the set lists, these guys should have been doing state fair shows. It should have started at 4:30 insted of 6:30 if they had to end at 10:30. And REALLY Mr. Popper…..sledgehammer? that really sucked.

Same in Charleston August 15, 2012, 15:08:10

This tour bites the BIG one! Cracker played 4 songs and Blues played 6. We split after that. Yawn….

Steven August 15, 2012, 16:23:06

I saw them at the Wisconsin State Fair and was also EXTREMELY disappointed. Cracker was done before we even found our seats. Big Head Todd was the best, but they played a super short set and other than “Bittersweet” didn’t play anything decent. Blues Traveler had a very short and un-energetic set.
The crowd was excited for BNL, and while they weren’t terrible, I’m not 14 anymore and don’t find them as amusing as the rest of the drunks did

Liam August 15, 2012, 16:28:32

^ Christ, you lot are a bunch of happy chappys aren’t ya…?!

mike August 15, 2012, 17:07:10

Ugliest bare naked lady I’ve ever seen

John August 16, 2012, 11:00:51

I saw the show in Wes Palm Beach and Blues Traveller was awesome – they did not play sledgehammer but did cover a Sublime song which was cool. BNL was okay at best, I think they are really missing their other original singer.

Jeremy August 18, 2012, 09:56:08

We took in this show in LA I still cannot believe BNL was heading up any show Big Head Todd killed it every one else sucked balls.

Laurie Anderson September 9, 2012, 19:28:44

Wow thank you so much for posting my video!! I have seen Blues Traveler 6 times now and they never disapoint!! Great show!! I was wondering how I managed to get so many hits off this video, LOL!!!

Roachbat September 9, 2012, 19:56:24

Cracker carried this show…BHTM ok at best…Poppers voice shot and BNL completely mailed it in….