Published: 2012/09/13

Bill Kreutzmann and 7 Walkers Cancel Shows

Photo by Vernon Webb

Bill Kreutzmann and his 7 Walkers project have been forced to cancel a series of upcoming performances. According to a statement posted to the group’s Facebook page, Kreutzmann has been suffering from recurrent severe lateral epicondylitis in his left arm, affecting his ability to perform as a drummer. The cancelled shows include an October 12 appearance at the Harvest Fest & Freedom Fair as well as an October 13 appearance at the Family Roots Fall Festival. Kreutzmann will be sidelined for the next several months, according to the statement.

Comments

John September 13, 2012, 17:47:08

Bad day for Dead drummers.

kyle September 13, 2012, 18:14:11

Hope you have a speedy recovery Bill, best wishes!

Addie Corn September 13, 2012, 22:44:26

{{{Bill}}}

kevin p. September 13, 2012, 23:50:35

Thx for the incredible show and effort at The Pink Garter in Jackson Hole last month! Outstanding show. Hope you have a speedy recovery, and enjoy the time off.

Rumor starter September 14, 2012, 09:22:46

maybe mickey hart beat him up

Woogsbie September 14, 2012, 10:50:24

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Thank you for all the good times! Look forward to more!!!

David September 16, 2012, 02:50:23

Hi Bill, when you get recovered we would love to have you down San Diego way again. I missed your Winston performance. I was not hip to the 7 Walkers until it was too late.
Mickey was well received at the Belly-up earlier this year. Much love and peace, “Airmail” Dave Heppard

Jay September 17, 2012, 19:42:32

Swift recovery Bill!

Beat This September 17, 2012, 20:36:11

“maybe mickey hart beat him up” Doubtful, given Bill’s own, proven and documented history of beating people up. Including an old girlfriend of his. I still love the Dead’s music, but I have no love for Bill given this: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Grateful-Dead-Drummer-Guilty-of-Assault-2835955.php The article doesn’t say, but I’d hope the scumbag at least ended up paying for all of her medical bills, etc. If he didn’t have to pay for it all by law, he should’ve done so out of remorse. Then there’s the infamous Matt Kelly incident, which is what I believe is being referred to at the end of the article I linked to. Maybe Bill’s cleaned up his act since then. For his sake, and anyone else who runs afoul of him, I hope so. Same goes for Dickey Betts.

Libby September 18, 2012, 20:48:00

Hey “Beat This” you’re the only scumbag here. Billy is awesome wonderful & musician human being that has spent a lifetime giving his all. Ever thought that perhaps famous people are targets for KooKs just looking for $$$ You sound bitter posting stuff like this. Peace Brother

Purple Hayes September 19, 2012, 15:41:55

It would be easier to tell the reader that Bill has severe tennis elbow than lateral epicondylitis. Just saying…..

Jim September 21, 2012, 13:21:39

Of the surviving members of the Dead I think Kreutzmann seems to be the one who retains the ability to play the best. Given the way he still plays drums, and his age you’d have to figure it would put a lot of wear and tear on his arms. Hope he gets better. 7 walkers is a great band.

MaineDude September 23, 2012, 15:15:33

Libby, are you serious! Though Bill is a great musician, he was also a very loose cannon. He does have a history of being quite the brawler, and even got sued big time back int he day for literally pounding the crap out of a guy over payment for a show. So ya, great musician, and I hope after all these years, he’s got his anger management in check.

eugenia September 21, 2012, 19:01:00

get well, billy.,....first papa mali, now you. WE NEED A HEALTHY BAND, thank you very much…:)

K//CHANGO October 6, 2012, 06:39:15

Someone please beg Bill,To check what he’s eating/drinking. I was poisoned by someone we both know named Joel.The poisons he uses not only thicken the blood but cause erratic behaviors.Along with shut down your pan crease and other organs.I have no way to warn him. Or his past band members.pretty sure Joel’s killed/had killed/ruined lots of others this way.Bill didn’t used to be violent without good cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

K//CHANGO October 6, 2012, 21:36:19

I’m DEFIANTLY wilder then most!!!But I’m not imaginative enough to make this shit up!!!Enough entertainers have already DIED!!!I’m not gaining anything like Joel&others by their deaths.THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE!!!!!!1 Enough really great people have already DIED to please you SCUMBAGS!!!!!!!!!!1

K//CHANGO October 6, 2012, 22:00:46

BILL chances are;I’m not gonna see ya BABE,Some people/past band members could of allowed us to be together again.I’ll always LOVE you and maybe Bob,(amongst others)take care of yourselves, But most of all STAY AWAY FROM JOEL!!! AND HIS BIO SIBLINGS!!!!PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1