Published: 2012/09/13

Warrant Issued for Mickey Hart’s Arrest

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart. According to a TMZ report, Hart assaulted someone at a Mickey Hart Band show on September 8 at Terrapin Hill Farm in Harrodsburg, KY. The alleged victim of the assault is said to have filed a police report following the incident, resulting in the charges against Hart.

As of press time, Hart’s camp has yet to comment on the incident.

Update: Hart has now posted a statement to his Facebook page, which reads:

Comments

PUGDOG September 14, 2012, 09:50:45

I saw him in Dallas a few months ago…
Anywho…his “drum tech” kid was adjusting pedals, etc below him and Mickey scowled and hit him multiple times with his mallet thingy on the shoulder/back (harshly and with visible anger/frustration)...it was beyond a courtesy “tap” on the shoulders.
I was exceptionally high at the show and it totally harshed the vibes up front to the point that I felt better space in the back where I couldn’t see Mickey anymore :( Bummed me out…I understand life’s not ALL roses all the time but when you’re in the ‘Eye’ like Mickey (so to speak) you have an added responsibility to keep your shit together and set a good example and emit positive vibes..just my two cents.
(~);}

HUmphrey McGillicutty September 20, 2012, 19:09:07

Does anyone know where I put my, oh, there it is, nevermind…

Dedfred April 12, 2013, 16:53:15

Newsflash, 2nd arrest warrant issued on Mickey Hart for impersonating a professional musician.

Dragon with Matches September 13, 2012, 11:27:47

Wow. I have heard that he is kind of highly strung.

Jack Straw September 13, 2012, 11:35:57

What a shame Mickey !

Greg K. September 13, 2012, 11:38:08

Innocent until proven guilty. This warrant was automatically issued based on an untested allegation!

J September 13, 2012, 11:52:16

Thought spock didnt believe in violence

Paul September 13, 2012, 11:53:11

He should have had Schools eat the guy instead.

me September 13, 2012, 12:26:56

Hmmm… I can’t help but get suspicious when a 69 y/o rock star who has no past of assaults (that I’m aware of) is charged with assault… maybe all those years of pounding the drums gives the old man some strong arms… but I can’t help think it’s BS…

Eric September 13, 2012, 12:33:32

Maybe the guy didn’t kiss Mickeys ass correctly.
The others must be laughing there butts off!

Michael September 13, 2012, 12:59:50

Mickey was at one time a Judo champion. 69 or not I bet he could toss someone if he had to.

weir rocks September 13, 2012, 13:00:45

Don’t know if he committed the assault here, but he can be seen on this video at 8:44 assaulting Matt Kelly with drumsticks…Bobby moves over to protect Kelly from the barrage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvKsimWPrwQ

Rodney King September 13, 2012, 13:38:48

FREE MICKEY HART!!

Sam hill September 13, 2012, 13:45:32

Bullshit what in Sam hill is going on around here ? Micky could no
t would not has not and will not beat his drums to that note !! I Saul we protest .

Rich September 13, 2012, 13:46:09

Here is a comment from the TMZ story from one of the festivals employees: “I work for Terrapin Hill Farm…Everyone involved in this unfortunate situation is awesome and it really sucks that this had to happen at our peaceful festival. There was one instigator here and he is not from around here…I had heard the man was hard to work with but that was an understatement! Take your meds Mr. Rockstar and let us peaceful Kentucky hippies do what hippies do and just play your show! Geez we paid enough money for your short set…so you assault someone then you make a bet the show is going to get rained out and decide not to go on stage for 90 minutes until you realize that it is not going to rain yet and give us half our moneys worth? What a disappointment for Deadheads everywhere! You wanna know what happened ask me! I reviewed the contract!”

El_pipo September 13, 2012, 13:58:26

Who gets assaulted by a 70 year old man anyhow?

Dirk September 13, 2012, 14:02:36

I went to a book signing of his and he was a real douche! I told him thanks for all the great memories and he just looked over at his publicist and chuckled, like “sucker”. I was so sad over that for a long time. This story does not surprise me.

uncle Marty September 13, 2012, 14:25:06

saw his band at the Wannee fest. and he kicked my ass too…should we all file assault charges ?.......HaHaHa :p

Ernest Anestasio September 13, 2012, 14:18:36

Mickey Hart is a total asshole.

Albert September 13, 2012, 14:34:43

Extradited to Kentucky with a jury of good ole boys! ..Somebody call my cousin Vinnie!!!

Young Deadhead September 13, 2012, 14:45:44

I met him in Dallas at a soundcheck. I was beyond excited to meet him and he acted as if he would rather be doing anything else in the world, than be there. He was bitching at the light and sound guy throughout the check (for reasons that were out of that guy’s hands) and he was not happy to meet anyone. I felt like it was a wasted trip and a waste of my excitement. I still LOVE everything Grateful Dead, but I am very disappointed in Mickey. Looking at all these other posts of how he was rude, affirms the fact that this guy is an ass.

Truth September 13, 2012, 14:46:18

I’ve worked with him. He is a prima donna and a total asshole.

Giles September 13, 2012, 15:00:33

I’m sure some Kentucky hillbilly did something stupid to instigate. Hart is probably not to be fucked with, even though he’s deaf and ancient. I hope he gave the dude a geezer beat down.

rev September 13, 2012, 15:04:06

no original member would have done this. leave it to mickey.

Evan Mahoney September 13, 2012, 15:25:25

The Dead were a family: Unto themselves as well as to us. I find it disheartening to hear you people getting angry at him for his behavior. Love him when he is great, hate him when he is not how we treat our family. So he had a run in – maybe he was run down – whatevs. P.S. His “sucker” comment made me lmao…

Nikki September 13, 2012, 15:35:19

This is not accurate. According to Mickey’s facebook page (official), this DID NOT happen. https://www.facebook.com/mickeyhart Quote: “I am totally baffled by a bizarre claim of assault by me coming out of Kentucky – the home of Bluegrass and a state I love dearly. Any accusation or claim of assault against me is completely false and without any basis whatsoever. I played drums on “Shakedown Street,” but I never expected to be “The Victim or the Crime.””

dude September 13, 2012, 15:36:15

Mickey still owes Jerry money.
Weir does too.

Eric September 13, 2012, 15:45:57

Wow, somebody accussed of a crime that say they didn’t do it..That’s rare!!

Living Deadhead September 13, 2012, 15:49:23

sorry to be the one to break this to you, dude, but Jerry passed away back in ’95 :(

J September 13, 2012, 15:53:42

To whoever said no orig member would ever do this…. Didnt Jerry throw phil down a flight of stairs becuase the music was not up to par? Its in one of those movies jerry says it in an interview…..Im not making this up

Kentucky boy September 13, 2012, 16:16:07

Mickey f’d up. What happened was Mickey beat his tour bus manager to the point if him pissing blood. I lived Mickey and was in California where he lead the worlds largest drum circle and believed until now the universal spirit of music. When a leader of the movement of freedom decides that he is bigger and better it makes me reconsider who my heroes are.

Bob September 13, 2012, 19:08:25

Matt Kelley is a a-hole. That same year as the video 1985 Billy kicked Matt in the nuts at New Years. Matt sued Billy and was never seen at another Dead show.

Goofy September 13, 2012, 20:04:11

I would rather hang out with Mickey Mouse.

Jammer September 13, 2012, 20:12:59

I do not believe a word of this I am standing by Mickey!

ryan September 13, 2012, 20:30:16

Mickey is mickey, there’s a reason he aint involved in the Dead family anymore. Lenny Hart robbed the Dead way back when, and I dont judge peeps on the actions of their parents or children for that matter. Mickey is something that none of the other band members are or were…

sean September 13, 2012, 20:31:16

Met Bobby in ’87-bad experience.
Met Phil in ’90- what a dick
note to self:avoid meeting famous musicians, my fantasies will be spoiled.
Ive still enjoyed many,many shows since.

Cat September 13, 2012, 20:47:45

Someone was probably giving Mickey a hard time since his shows are an hour late starting. I guess he doesn’t like being told he runs too late.

greg b September 13, 2012, 21:19:34

I was there he freaked out to many mushrooms in his life. He has little man sindrom.get a life u washed has been

peter September 13, 2012, 22:10:13

i believe you.Don’t give them a dime.. and don’t give in.

The Unmitigated Gaul September 13, 2012, 23:00:56

I’m truly impressed by the depth of much of the commentary here. An awful lot of people seem to know Mickey Hart pretty well. They also are quite ready to go with the word of a journalistic paragon like TMZ for their information. If you weren’t there, and didn’t see whatever was supposed to have happened, then your “opinion” of the man really doesn’t amount to much.

Dave September 14, 2012, 02:56:19

It doesn’t surprise me. I get flack from my extended Hippie family (most), because I am a gun owner & carry. Fully licensed. But, I don’t hurt anyone…they are for my personal defense. Mickey sounds like a jerk.

Jeffrey Phelps September 14, 2012, 07:58:21

So…all these folks claim to know: to have been there, to have witnessed the attack, but they all tell different stories. Now ain’t THAT curious?
My daughters met Mickey backstage at Summerset years ago. They say he (and everybody else for that matter) were perfect gentlemen (‘cept Joan of course, hehehe). This includes the late Ramrod, who treated them like royalty. Like one post said; “Innocent until proven guilty.”

MM September 14, 2012, 08:55:53

He’s been known to throw a temper tantrum or two.

sean September 14, 2012, 09:38:55

Hhmmm, musicians being nice to girls backstage. Wake up Jeffrey! Ive known some girls on tour who were treated real nice backstage…...and then told to get out.

Street Team Sucker September 14, 2012, 14:44:34

I recently wasted an incredible amount of time, gas and money volunteering and promoting, door to door, via joining the Mickey Hart Band Street Team handled by Yonas Media out of Oakland CA….total bush league is all I can say…. Left hanging up until day of show with un- returned email, voice mails, false promises of a sound check and meet and greet etc…I can’t speak for what may or may not have happened here but I was totally bummed out about the incredibly lousy Mickey Hart Street Team experience…I asked a crew member about the no meet and greet….she said “Mickey was in a bad mood again” There were several people at the show who paid VIP tickets prices with advertised website expectations that never materialized….Yonas Media is horrible.

Jeffrey Phelps September 14, 2012, 11:12:20

Sean-My daughters were 24 and 20 at the time. They are VERY attractive. NOT ONCE did they feel threatened, NOT ONCE were passes made at them, NOT ONCE did they feel they weren’t family. Bobby sat and chatted with them for 10 minutes, Ramrod took them to within a few feet of Bill and Mickey to take photos after they had an altercation with a news photographer, Natasha asked one of them to take photos of her (and Bob’s) daughter while she was on stage. What you say may happen, but what I am saying IS the truth. Your smugly stated innuendo, my brother, is NOT appreciated, and in my daughters’ case is not true. Some of you just spew hatred. I would rather look for the truth.

timmy September 14, 2012, 12:20:03

If you weren’t there, shut the fuck up. There’s all kinds of crazy, random shit that goes down all the time. If he did do it, maybe the guy was an asshole, and deserved a little smack down. None of you haters know jack shit about what happened. Not nearly as big a deal as you’re making it out to be. Stop listening to tabloid gutter trash like TMZ. Next thing you know, you’ll be quoting FOX News.

sean September 14, 2012, 12:37:06

Sorry Jeff my bad, Im sure 20 and24yo guys would have been embraced as “family” too.

Ryan September 14, 2012, 12:44:30

KENTUCKYBOY or anyone who was there – please get ahold of me at rypneeley@yahoo.com – I write for a regional “jamazine” and am trying to do a story on this – I would like to get ahold of people who were actually THERE and witnessed it. I have one but I need to confirm everything.

Cosmic September 14, 2012, 14:55:57

I met Bill Kreutzmann once — what a total dick he turned out to be. I guess what do you expect from a guy who beats women:

Ultimatelywhogivesafuck September 14, 2012, 10:30:24

Bout TIME! This Fuckin Weirdo has been..has been destroying jams for yEARS! FucKin Dick heaD.,.bangin on the Bongos like a chimpanzee.. old geezer weirdo..go record the “SPLASH!” wen you jump from Golden Gate

Jeffrey Phelps September 14, 2012, 20:16:39

Well, Sean, since you weren’t there when my kids were, I m sure you know all about it. I’m sure that you can intuit everything that happened, I’m sure you are just an all around font of knowledge concerning things you didn’t personally witness. But thats ok, Sean. You can make all the sly comments you want, but you can never take away what was a great experience for my kids. You Sir, are a mighty waste of space.

kykid September 14, 2012, 22:57:04

I can say that this story is not false. The man he attacked is close to the same age as Mickey and has many health problems. I have met the gentleman who was attacked and I can say for a fact that he is just that, a gentlemen.

disgusted September 15, 2012, 18:26:37

Yall are retarded. If any of you were fans of the music you would realize that this doesn’t effect the music at all and you wouldn’t talk shit on a hero for maybe doing something no worse than our own transgressions. The guy that said Phil was a dick is just plain lying.

Jdog September 16, 2012, 08:25:00

TMZ rocks!

Noodles September 16, 2012, 15:52:11

L’sna Tovah, 5773….. Hartman’s resolution will include anger management, it’s all good, he’ll cut a check and move on as always. PS. Wouldn’t you be ‘pissed off, all the time’ if every show you played was full of limp sausage and a few frat boys sucking balloons like 5 year olds? Just saw Bobby solo, he was awesome. Chill scene, just bunch of rich people throwing stones, blowing off steam for a while. These guys are WAY past giving a crap about anything to do with the long ago flase notion of any sort of a utopian extended ‘Family’.. Come on folks- it is 2012, GROW THE F UP!

joe September 16, 2012, 21:19:29

sounds like mickey is gnna have some lawyer fees

erich burkhardt September 17, 2012, 06:30:59

he blackened my eye,an dun kicked my dog…

Chris B September 17, 2012, 08:17:08

I like pie.

Larry September 17, 2012, 09:51:08

Not The First Time I am an eye witness of Mickey committing Symbol Assault, many, many times.

scott September 17, 2012, 13:26:09

he’s a jew rat what do you expect

dk70 September 17, 2012, 14:32:12

He also almost killed Lowell George during the recording of Shakedown St. Its in McNally’s book.
Sounds like a real crazy man. I wouldn’t put it past him.

Bab's Uvula September 17, 2012, 15:49:40

The best years for the Grateful Dead were when Mickey Hart wasn’t playing with them. The only reason people go see him now is because of his past with the GD. If it weren’t for them, Mickey Hart would be selling insurance somewhere and playing weddings for extra scratch. Mark it dude.

Lee B September 17, 2012, 16:52:12

Mickey Hart Band laid down more music the first 10 minutes at Terrapin Hill than it took the GD an hour to work up to. I know, I was there. Yes, a storm squall with a tornado watch came in from the west that night. Yes, there was the seemingly late start. No one cared. The crowd was watching fire dancers during their stage set-up. VIVA EL MICKEY HART BAND. Most you above clowns haven’t an idea want you are saying.

obvious September 17, 2012, 18:11:00

sorry to harsh your mellow Jeff, but your daughters “great experience” was essentially being eye candy for a bunch of assholes, and in the end, they weren’t hot enough for them.

Jeffrey Phelps September 18, 2012, 06:38:48

OH BOY! Another Jackwagon who wasn’t there and yet knows all about my daughters’ experience! Obvious, it is obvious to me that you are just as misogynistic as you claim the band was at an event you didn’t attend.
One of my daughters is an actor trained in stage fighting and martial arts. I never worry about her, just the people that treat her disrespectfully. Ask Jeremy Piven. He regrets to this day treating her like “eye candy” at a public event.
Your statement about them not being “hot enough” tells me all I need to know about you.

Jeffrey Phelps September 18, 2012, 08:40:04

Passed on this thread to my kids this AM and got immediate responses from both. One pointed out that trolls and haters dominate sites like this, so My Bad for trying to reason with lurkers and fools. The other pointed out that NO MALE has the right to judge what any woman experiences, especially ones as misogynistic as Sean and Obvious. She also points out that any sensible young woman develops a serious BS detection system very early on thanks to cretans like you. BOTH point out that the things you are so sure about happen to them every day in the real world. What a shame that you two have to prove them right.

Lee Navlen September 18, 2012, 15:21:56

I am so happy Mickey has nothing to do with Furthur. He seems like a real pain in the ass.

reggi September 18, 2012, 16:50:37

Ok
Take it easy, its common sense they would not be so kind to 2 poor ugly dudes in their 20’s, the 2 girls gave them blood flow.

Jeffrey Phelps September 18, 2012, 21:11:48

So we have another entrant to the misogynists club. Do none of you realize how stupid you sound? Mr “OK”, YOU WERE NOT THERE! You think with your dick and assume that everyone else does too. There were 30 people back stage – young and old, male and female. The only person treated with distain was the photographer who tried to pull rank. But you won’t listen, you won’t care, because it doesn’t fit your feeble little mind set. I would be laughing my ass off if it weren’t so sad that many of you think only in terms of “blood flow” when you think about young women. All 3 of you should be ashamed of your comments. And again, none of your horseshit will change what my kids experienced. They are NOT stupid, they are NOT gullible, they are not red meat. Rest assured that BOTH of them would have smelled the 3 of you out in a heartbeat. The smell would have been unbearable.

mb September 18, 2012, 21:20:39

Can every body take a breath and chill? We have people taking shots at a guy’s daughters and slamming the residents of an entire state? Others are so cynical that they mock the genuine sentiments of those who have experienced something truly transcendent and sublime at what outwardly appears to be a simple rock and roll show. Amazing how any perceived slight of one of our beloved musicians brings out the worst in people. Unfortunately, it would seem our man Mickey has a lot to answer for. I know several people who I respect and trust explicitly who have told of personal encounters where Mr Hart has behaved less than graciously. At the very least, he would seem to be guilty of being wound extremely tight and treating fans and employees most callously. Robert Hunter once stated, and I quote, “We were the most arrogant, conceited, two-faced,dog kicking vessel the spirit ever chose to reveal itself.” Joseph Campbell called the Grateful Dead experience the “tonic for the atom bomb. I believe him. As I get older, I’ve come to realize that very little is purely black or white and people are maddeningly complex. I’ll leave it with an idea gleaned from Tom Wolf’s take on the acid tests. Everybody is welcome but ya gotta behave. That should apply double for those on stage who should be leading the way. Peace to all.

Larry! September 18, 2012, 22:06:19

mb,
thank you for the thoughtful response above.
many of us are interested to hear what mickey says and see what he does in the coming days. here’s hoping for the best… for everybody.
peace,
larry!

Jeffrey Phelps September 19, 2012, 07:53:57

mb,
Thanks so much for your reasoned response. I apologize for having no small part in leading this discussion off course. My original post was meant to show that a wide range of experiences can be part any show, and to reiterate the statement that in our system you are innocent until proven guilty. We humans ARE amazingly complex. When you worship mere mortals, you always run the risk of disillusionment. That in itself doesn’t excuse bad behavior on the part of those we admire. Nor does it excuse bad behavior on the part of fans. I’ve owned a retail business for 27 years now and am trying to sell…one reason is that I’m pretty much tired of dealing day in and day out with the foibles of humanity. I know that isn’t very “proper’, but at least I recognize who I am at the moment and have a plan for coping with it. My guess is that lousy behavior lead to lousy behavior, but there are no good excuses. All I would ask is that we let the story unfold before we rush to judgement. Thanks again, mb, for injecting some reason into this discussion!

dk70 September 19, 2012, 18:13:58

I hope its not true, but I am also surprised at how many people on this particular website are ready to hang him in effigy. That being said, I always thought his musical contributions to the band were superfluous at best. He wasn’t even in the band from 71-74, which are generally considered the peak years of the band’s creativity and execution. (Fall of 73 especially).

Tim Hillman September 19, 2012, 19:25:41

In all of the time I spent at shows, MIckey was the horses ass of the bunch. Basically- treated people like he was a rock start. Biggest mistake in the business. You get what you give.

Subway September 20, 2012, 12:36:09

Jeffrey, are you related to Michael?

Chucky cheese string September 20, 2012, 14:40:30

Mickey is an ass. Always was – always will be. Ever watch an interview with that guy?? So obnoxious. Go sit in a drum circle you troll. Didn’t your father or uncle rip off The Dead? You were probably in on it.

Will September 20, 2012, 15:03:41

Those who have power are always afraid of losing it. -Darth Sidius

timmy September 21, 2012, 10:33:35

@allthemickeyharthaters. You are all reflections of what you claim to despise. Maybe instead of pointing outward and spewing your vile on a musician you don’t know, you should look inward. Maybe then, you will gain some perspective about what it is that you truely don’t like.

Chucky cheese string September 21, 2012, 10:41:07

@ Timmy — I have looked inward AND outward. And what I truly don’t like is MICKEY HART. I think he is pompous.

dk70 September 21, 2012, 12:36:44

Inward: (me) good guy, family man, friend of the people. Outward: (MH) superflous drummer, pompous ass with a nasty temper.

timmy September 21, 2012, 13:31:53

@ Chucky- I’m sure he’d be heartbroken to hear that.
@ dk70- I’m sure you are flawless, and I’m sure you know Mickey personally.

Chucky cheese string September 21, 2012, 14:04:02

@Timmy – you love Mickey Hart, and that is totally fine. When he comes out with that Golden Gate Bridge Wind Sound CD – you should buy like 50,000 copies and help your boy make some $$. He is a HUGE talent.

dk70 September 21, 2012, 15:38:51

Nobody is perfect timmy, not even me. Re. Mickey: I went to a backstage presentation (during halftime) at the Cap Center in Landover MD in ’93 for some world music award and he was getting and he just thought he was god’s gift to music making. I just love how he clonks on a floor tom and a cowbell when Billy K does all of the heavy lifting. What an inspiration, plus he attacked Lowell George, —- wack jobbbbbbbbbbbb.

dk70 September 21, 2012, 15:41:00

I heard a single off the Golden Gate Wind Sounds disc. Its called “man farting in a taxi cab”. Good Stuff!!

mb September 21, 2012, 18:51:44

Ah, in my opinion, the fact alone that he co-wrote Fire on the Mountain and Greatest Story Ever Told makes him a more significant artist than 99% of the musicians on the planet. His collaborations with Zakir Hussain, Baba Olantunji, Airto Moreira and Hamza el Din are at least interesting and sometimes awe-inspiring. Each of these artists are world class musicians in their own right. To dismiss the work they did with Mickey because you don’t like him personally says way more about you than it does about the art they created. I liked the Dead without Mickey but I also liked the duel drums when they were synched up and breathing fire. It would seem that way too many bloggers that visit this sight are lacking in balance and perspective. Be careful. Hurling insults doesn’t really advance the discussion.

dk70 September 24, 2012, 08:53:24

99%? wow.

Justice September 24, 2012, 15:31:13

Isn’t Mickey into Islam. Saw on the 1987 NYE shows him mentioning Islam when, I think doing the Spock scene with Jerry. Maybe the attack was his start of Jihad on the Christian infidels in Kentucky. Otherwise the man has surely lost (don’t know if he ever had em to begin with) with the Peace and Love ideals of where he started from. But the whole Dead fake Con that Jerry and “The Boys” BS are some kind of prophets I never took soo much LSD to buy into that lie. And Dead niceness is such a sham also.

mb September 24, 2012, 20:34:55

There’s gotta be more than 10,000,000 musicians on the planet. Mickey’s in the top 100,000 for sure. As far as the Dead being a “fake or a “con,” I would simply say that it’s hard to fake something as basic as good vibes. Either you project them or you don’t. I went to dozens of shows in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and it all seemed pretty real to me. LSD or no LSD. I went to lots of concerts by lots of bands. The Dead vibe was pretty dam unique. There was nothing else at the time remotely similar. They certainly never claimed to be prophets of any kind.
Just good time pirates providing some space to freak freely. Sorry if you missed it. It was a lot of fun!

Larry! September 24, 2012, 21:04:28

mb,
stop making sense.
larry!

Justice September 24, 2012, 21:48:12

I didn’t mean that they thought, though maybe they did(at least some…Mickey?) but alot of fans sure did!

timmy September 25, 2012, 14:07:29

Unfortunately, I am part of a generation that came after the Dead, but at least mine has Phish and Panic (I know it’s not a competition, and anyone who makes it one is stupid). I never saw a Grateful Dead show, but I have listened to countless recordings, and seen the remaining members in various forms many times. This includes the Mickey Hart Band and I consider my self lucky to have seen them. If you don’t know, I feel bad for you. What is your deal? Mickey’s just fine. I could care less if he has a temper. We all have flaws. It all comes down to music. Whether drugs are involved or not, great live music can be a beautiful, life changing, spiritually uplifting experience. Getting caught up in the bullshit Hollywood gossip and name calling is childish and ridiculous. Does it groove and move your soul or not? Does it bring the good vibes, or not? Micket Hart is a GREAT percussionist and musician. He carries on the Dead legacy in his live shows nightly. Haters always gonna hate. That’s what you’re all about. Personally, I think there’s enough hate in the world, I wanna dance. Peace.

mb September 26, 2012, 22:13:08

To quote our funkadelic forefather , George Clinton, “Free your ass and your mind will follow!” Here’s to timmy and the next generation. Carry on…

dk70 September 27, 2012, 16:41:09

Timmy: I am sorry you missed out on the Dead. Jerry was the greatest. Phish is great too, but I can’t listen to their dopey lyrics anymore. Widespread Panic sucks, I’ve tried but they really have a lot of crappy songs and some pretty terrible singing. Jimmy Herring is a guitar god, though, and a very nice man.

mb September 27, 2012, 22:14:41

Hey dk70. For what it’s worth, I think you’re mostly spot on. Say maybe…99% of the time. Peace to you and yours.

Larry! September 27, 2012, 22:40:31

Did you catch the AARP brain bongo sesh? Googlemajik
B-b-b-b-ba-b-b-baye, B-b-b-b-bussssssss!!!!!
BrainonDrumzzzzzzz…...

dk70 September 28, 2012, 12:33:13

right on Timmy. Way to smile in the face of my jerkiness. Peace out bro.

Chucky cheese string October 3, 2012, 17:04:20

@ dk70 —— WSP sucks?? What are you some sort of an a-hole p.s. – Mickey is a nut job!

dk70 October 4, 2012, 12:28:35

Not liking a lame band doesn’t make someone an a-hole. But spraying insults does.

Chucky cheese string October 5, 2012, 13:05:19

@dk70 —— chill out my friend. I was just trying to explain in the nicest of ways that your opinion…...SUCKS!!!!!!

dk70 October 8, 2012, 14:42:41

Not half as much as that band does. They are the musical equivalent of a 1978 Chevy Impala that can’t start in January.

Chucky cheese string October 9, 2012, 16:04:30

You should not insult your car. I am sure it gets you back and forth to the welfare office just fine.

dk70 October 15, 2012, 16:48:46

Your mom does appreciate when I drop her off there, Chucky. Plus she can sprawl out on the front and back seats.

Chucky cheese string October 22, 2012, 11:25:50

OUCH! Mom jokes – that one really hurt — LOL!! My mom would not be with anyone that thinks WSP is not a great band.

Waterface October 25, 2012, 21:05:03

As brilliant as the Greatful Dead members were/are as musicians, sadly … it appears that “all power corrupts -absolute power corrupts absolutely” , as measured by not only
Bill Kreutzmann’s history of violence, but perhaps Bob Weir’s rumored fondness for underage girls. ( I personally witnessed Weir at a party with a “date” not more than fifteen years old in 1987). Also for good measure , consider GD stage mixer Harry Poppick allegedy striking his then girlfriend with a baseball bat over a missing bag of cocaine. No wonder Jerry Garcia(admitted by himself ) lacked the decency to “break up” with women in a normal way ( including closure) , but shamefully hid behind members of his entourage.

Dave October 29, 2012, 05:05:53

Jeffrey Phelps wrote: “So we have another entrant to the misogynists club.” How could comments (and/or the people making them) on stereotypical MALE attitudes possibly be misogynistic? Perhaps you should consult a dictionary.

Waterface November 1, 2012, 19:38:30

Re Mickey : As I’ve been a GD fan attending close to two hundered shows since 1978, upon hearing of the allegations, I searched the internet to hopefully find any evidence that would exonerate either Mickey regarding the incident itself, or his questionable character based on chance meetings with others. Slim pickings , folks … While I hold out slim hope that he’s not the “pompous jerk” or “douche” as suggested by many NOT commenting here, I am troubled by his Jerry Sandusky-esque glib response joking that he’s indeed a “Victim or the Crime” on “Shakedown Street” – comments clearly made to placate his fan base.

exGD fan February 27, 2013, 01:07:21

I’m not surprised to hear that MIckey may have assaulted someone. I’ve heard lots of sketchy things about him over the years. One of the biggest things that bothers me about him (and Weir) is that they are both Bohemian Grove participants- and that has been ascertained. WTF are former Dead members doing hanging out with scum like Newt Gingrich and every sort of elite douchebag? It says a lot about them both, and what is says is not good.

Louis April 17, 2013, 10:36:25

If it really happened, it’s a real bummer. However, rumors have a way of taking on a life of their own in Deadland, so I will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt. Nothing against Hart as a drummer, but I always thought the real bummer musically speaking was that he rejoined the band in 75-76. The music lost some of it’s finesse and spontaneity with two drummers—much of it due in my opinion to Hart’s heavy-handed duplication of the primary beat on his snare and bass drum. They should have brought him back strictly as a percussionist and left the drumming to Billy.

Bud September 17, 2013, 21:32:06

Let it be.

pai you guo slimming tea November 15, 2013, 20:20:19

Also , I have found fairly the difference on my belly as it appears to be slimmer and healthier in some way. Is this attainable from 5 lbs . lossOr can it be just me overrating my pai you guo slimming tea http://www.paiyouweightloss.com/pai-you-guo-tea-p-12.html :P

jim December 23, 2013, 16:01:47

So how did it turn out

jim December 23, 2013, 16:02:36

So how did it turn out

coach bags on sale at dillards June 16, 2014, 08:52:42

ray ban san marino
coach bags on sale at dillards http://carinis.net/uploads/pictures/coach-bags/coach-bags-on-sale-at-dillards.asp

vibram five fingers good for flat feet June 17, 2014, 07:58:22

vibram five fingers Womens Classic (Pink/White)2014 tiffany & co headquarters women mbt kisumu sandals chocolate mbt Ema Womens Sandals Black tiffany 1837 circle pendant tiffany blue reception decor baby bracelets tiffany mbt Fora White tiffany blue bridesmaid vibram five fingers Men Black/Yellow Sprint Shoes Women vibram fivefinger Treksport Grey Blue vibram five fingers Kso Men’s Tall Shoes All Brown mbt kabisa men’s shoes black mbt shoes on sale cheap nike free run joggers tiffany blue wedding bouquet order mbt shoes where can i buy mbt shoes in usa tiffany blue birthday party new tiffany collection
vibram five fingers good for flat feet http://www.dianearkell.co.uk/images/five-fingers-shoes-sale/vibram-five-fingers-good-for-flat-feet.asp

CB October 26, 2014, 02:33:14

the 1st time I heard about this over rated polisition (gets by on politics & not music) was at a friends house in Brentwood Ca. The kid had a great house that looked over sunset blvd.
His dad was the deads lawyer at the time
but I never met him. I asked his kid (forgot his name) what he thought about the band and if they were cool etc.
I was just curious and he told me everyone was very cool to him except one guy he called “pricky” I was more into the great underated guys at that time like the Mahavishnu Orchestra (Birds of Fire) and people who could actually take me somewhere (innovators) but I’ll always remember there was no need for Micky (jerkoff) to be such a dick because music can be very powerful and to have an idol turn around and make fun of people you’ve inspired (even if they can be rude at times) your on the Ock buddie & you get paid more then most soive with it. Many years later I was doing some project with his brother Gary who a the time seemed bumbed out. When I got to the bottom of it (it wasn’t easy)
turned out this Micky asshole wanted nothing to do with any of his family and that had to hurt because Gary would try to bring out the best in everyone and he defenatly had real talent not the kind that is born from a minpulated scratch your back false disingenuous type of overrated bullshit.