Published: 2012/09/19

Phish to Release 12/6/97

Phish will look to their December 6, 1997 show at Auburn Hills MI’s The Palace of Auburn Hills for their next archival release. The remastered show is slated for release Tuesday, September 25 as a download at LivePhish.com and as a two-CD LivePhish Limited set exclusively from Phish Dry Goods. The release was created from Paul Languedoc’s DAT stereo soundboard mix remastered by Fred Kevorkian and contains 16 songs totaling two and a half hours of music.

According to the band:

Phish’s third show at The Palace on December 6, 1997 was yet another defining fall ’97 gig, with an under-recognized set I and a renowned set II that must be heard in one sitting, preferably loud with headphones.

Set I highlights include an intense second-song Run Like An Antelope, alien landscapes of Train Song and seamless pairings of Bathtub Gin > Foam and Fee > Maze. Set II was a unified, non-stop affair: Tweezer > Izabella > Twist > Piper > Sleeping Monkey > Tweezer Reprise. As they rounded the bend into the final week of this storied fall tour, the band had a confident swagger that exploded in The Palace with a flood of combined energy that flows through on the tapes. The Palace is deep in the suburbs but this Saturday night show in the home of The Pistons was a slam dunk that reverberated throughout Detroit Rock City and beyond.

Here’s a look at the album’s tracks

Disc One

1. Golgi Apparatus (5:35)
2. Run Like An Antelope (16:30)
3. Train Song > (2:44)
4. Bathtub Gin > (12:36)
5. Foam (10:24)
6. Sample In A Jar (5:04)
7. Fee > (5:36)
8. Maze (15:10)
9. Cavern (4:50)

Disc Two

1. Tweezer > (22:25)
2. Izabella > (9:27)
3. Twist > (7:44)
4. Piper > (14:12)
5. Sleeping Monkey > (6:05)
6. Tweezer Reprise (4:33)
7. Rocky Top (2:53)

Comments

Jay September 20, 2012, 18:45:47

I was there with 20 of my closest friends…a gift from my mother for my birthday. Awesome show with fantastic memories.

ForLoco September 19, 2012, 17:37:55

meh…12/13/97 was da real chit. BRING OUT THE DUDE!

12/6/97!!!! September 19, 2012, 18:04:07

yes! been waiting ages for this one. This show smokes!!!!! My favorite tweezer!

dk70 September 19, 2012, 18:17:56

Looks great, I wish they’d put out the ’94 Beacon Theatre run. Those were some sick shows. I had my brain melted each night I went.

Spliff September 19, 2012, 19:13:56

The next night in Dayton (12/7/1997 for those that are confused) surpasses this one by far. Best Guyute EVER. Listen.

adks12020 September 20, 2012, 10:37:31

@ForLoco- I haven’t listened to this one yet but I was at 12/13/97 and that show most definitely smoked.

bj September 20, 2012, 10:55:30

i wish they’d bring back IZABELLA,IZABELLA!

rANDY fLOYD September 20, 2012, 13:46:02

i had the priviledge of attending this show, second set was sick. FALL 97 FOR PRESIDENT!

Shred September 20, 2012, 14:05:58

Just release all of fall 97.

One Uper September 29, 2012, 11:03:54

Yea, kids, Dat show was sick, but I went to a million other way fatter shows Bra. I’m the man, just seeing sick shows. Sorry to be cynical, but quit pulling rank and trying to one up eachother( actually do what you want, I guess I dont have to read this). I was there for this one (not pulling rank) and I happan to think Fall 97 along with Darien Lake with Kesey and the BOZOs (Camel Walk) into the Garden was the best PHish I ever saw. However, although I agree with myself when I listen back to the show, I can’t help but feel, as most of you 30 somethings. that nostalgia and being young had something to do with 97 being so great. Just an opinion, One Up that shit! BTW if you judge your worth by what and how many phish shows you saw… Good for you!