Published: 2012/09/27

Levon Helm’s "Midnight Ramble Sessions Vol. 3" To Be Released In November

The third installment of the Levon Helm Band’s Midnight Ramble Sessions is set for release on November 20. The compilation, Midnight Ramble Sessions Vol. 3, was one of Helm’s last projects before he died in April. The beloved bandleader sorted through hundreds of gigs recorded at his barn in Woodstock, NY, where he held his famous Rambles in the last decade of his life. You can listen to the track “Same Thing” from The Midnight Ramble Sessions Vol. 3 here.

In an effort to keep the barn and studio in the hands of Helm’s estate, a number of musicians will come together for a benefit at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ on October 3. The “Love for Levon” concert will feature an all-star lineup including Roger Waters, Garth Hudson, My Morning Jacket, Gregg Allman, Warren Haynes, Ray LaMontagne, John Mayer, Mavis Staples, Lucinda Williams and many more.

Comments

Chris S September 27, 2012, 13:13:37

I am confused as to why Roger Waters is listed as the first guest, even before Garth Hudson. Waters is not in the top 100 people who I associate with Levon Helm. Can someone please clue me in?

Greg Chapman September 27, 2012, 14:08:51

I have no clue, but I would think Warren Haynes would be listed before Roger Waters, since Levon played with Warren at his Mountain Jam…

Joe September 27, 2012, 16:05:18

The Band backed Roger Waters when he performed The Wall on top of the Berlin Wall when it was torn down in 1989

norma stitz September 27, 2012, 19:58:45

billing would dictate roger waters first

Yossarian September 28, 2012, 11:09:33

For Roger to even play this is pretty cool. I can’t think of any other event like this he’s done- he must have a deep appreciation for Levon.

Yossarian September 28, 2012, 11:09:34

Jam Central Station September 28, 2012, 19:22:05

The lineup obviously is stacked, but Roger Waters is the biggest name on the bill. Getting Waters on the bill is a huge deal for the event. The guy just wrapped up a two year tour where he sold out venues the size of the Izod Center himself.