Published: 2012/10/01

Phish Collaborator Nancy Responds to Relix Article

Photo by Jesse Jarnow

The July/August of Relix featured a rare interview with early Phish friend and collaborator Richard Wright. Known to those in the Burlington, VT-area as Nancy, Wright wrote a few enduring Phish classics, including “I Didn’t Know” and “Halley’s Comet,” while the members of the Vermont Quartet will still in college. After some sleuthing, Relix writer Jesse Jarnow located Nancy and spent time with him at his Vermont home (Wright doesn’t own a phone or computer). His feature story, “Everyone Knew Him as Nancy: Richard Wright and the Old, Weird Phish,” is the most in-depth article written about the early Phish contributor.

However, Nancy still had some things to say about his life and career—as well as Jarnow’s article—and posted a series of extensive “corrections” on his Facebook page. Those corrections appear in the November issue of Relix and have now been posted online. To read Jarnow’s original article, please click here.

Comments

40acres October 1, 2012, 18:37:17

For a unique individual like Nancy….I hope this was a picture taken last month….I mean what a genius “What would you do if you ate my daddy’s shoes? What would you say if they were naturally for you?”

joe October 1, 2012, 19:48:26

just because someone likes vintage furniture, and dosnt like techonology dosnt meen their poor.
i have no idea if hes poor rich or in the middle, just sayiin,
i know alot of people with alot of money that dress and live uhh, well, less than rich.
only “new money” seees a need to buy new everything.
i prefer thrift store anything, to new anything.
just my opinion.

me October 2, 2012, 00:58:31

So, call out your lack of proofreading and you pull the comments, or is there some other reason for eliminating comments… it’s your site, guess you have the right…

zachraven October 2, 2012, 04:53:17

will still in college..editing is not the strong point here.

RST October 2, 2012, 07:47:09

I used to wonder why Phish stopped collaborating with him. These “corrections” have brought this wondering to a screeching halt.

bj October 2, 2012, 09:41:17

may be a dumb question but why does phish not talk to him anymore? i mean he comes off as kind of a dick in this article, is that the reason? as people in less words stated above.

Jambands.com October 2, 2012, 11:01:42

if you see a typo or correction feel free to email us at editors@relix.com

DANERKATOR October 2, 2012, 13:07:30

o.k. he / she doesn’t own a computer or phone but has a facewook page what a tool!!

Davey K October 10, 2012, 11:38:55

I love that picture, I’m waiting for him to yell (ala Wedding Crashers) :Mom! Where the hell is my effing meatloaf!”

sean October 1, 2012, 17:03:28

I hope that picture is from ’83. If not maybe the band can kick down for some new furniture and an ipod.