Published: 2012/10/04

Terrapin Crossroads Announces Halloween Party

Terrapin Crossroads has announced a Halloween Party for October 31. Phil Lesh will be joined by Rob Barraco, Barry Sless, John Molo, Peter Rowan and The Terrapin House Band (Grahame Lesh, Brian Lesh, Ross James and Scott Padden). The Grate Room will be closed for refurbishing, so the restaurant will be utilized for a costume party complete with a buffet dinner, late night snacks and plenty of music. All of this, plus a collectable signed poster, will be included in the price of the $75 ticket. Tickets go on sale Monday, October 8. You will be able purchase them here, as well as at the Terrapin Crossroads Box Office.

Comments

Andy October 4, 2012, 20:51:41

Awesome! For more information on this event, check out the October 4 news update at http://www.terrapinlanding.com/news.html

Befuddled October 4, 2012, 21:55:56

The Grate Room closed for refurbishing? Huh? The bleedin’ place just opened and you’re already closing to fix it up? Nice job…

Befuddled?? Really? October 4, 2012, 22:41:24

That’s been Phil’s plan for quite some time now actually. It’s been planned since summer sometime to close it down when the heavy concert season is over to make any upgrades and necessary spatial adjustments and what-have-you. It’s not news by any means. Phil just wants to make sure it’s the best it can be for performers and guests alike. Or at least that’s how I perceive it, anyway. It most definitely shouldn’t befuddle you, though, or give you cause for insulting the guy. If you owned a place and have the time and the means to make it better for all parties involved then why the hell wouldn’t you?

Mark Ep October 5, 2012, 08:40:22

Man, even hate about the man’s restaurant/club. People are really mean. Wish I lived on the west coast, imagine seeing Phil and his buddies in a local club. Damm, we are lucky with the boys in NY area but not like this.

Befuddled October 6, 2012, 00:07:03

For the record, I do NOT hate Phil or Terrapin Crossroads. Chances are very good, in fact, I’ve seen Phil live more than anyone posting on this thread. You’ll find no bigger Phil fan than me. My comments, as harsh as they may seem, were more about how a new venue can open then close so quickly. If this was the plan all along, and the public knew it, that’s my bad. I’m an East Coaster and have not had the pleasure of being there (though friends have, and LOVE the place). I’m a business guy, and find it off-putting that a venue can open, get a fan/customerbase interested, then close for an indeterminant amount of time. I’ve never seen this before in a restaurant or live music venue. Think about it: we’ll build and open a place, see how it goes for a few months, then close it, fix it and reopen it. Just doesn’t make good business sense to me, but again, if this had been the plan all along, so be it, and I take back my remarks. Maybe it’s a west coast thing. Either way, I wish Phil and TC nothing but the best, and I hope the venue thrives. And given that Jambands.com seems to cater to a younger audience, I’m heartened that readers actually came out of the woodwork to defend Phil….there’s hope for this site yet! :-)

Mike Morgan October 31, 2012, 20:05:15

Can I stream this show. If not will it be available at soom point?
M