Published: 2012/10/24

Keith Richards Confirms That Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor Will Guest With The Rolling Stones

Guitarist Mick Taylor and bassist Bill Wyman, the two surviving ex-members of The Rolling Stones, will guest with the reactivated band later this year. Keith Richards confirmed the news in a recent interview with Rolling Stone. Taylor and Wyman will each join The Rolling Stones’ current lineup for a few songs at both London’s 02 Arena and Newark, NJ’s Prudential Center. “[Current Stones bassist Darryl Jones] and Bill can talk about songs they want to step in and out of,” Richards told the magazine. The guitarist also hints that guests like Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck may join the Stones for their second Prudential Center show, which will be broadcast on pay-per-view.

Classic Stones bassist Wyman played with the group from 1963-1993. More recently, he reunited with his former band to record a tribute to founding Stones piano player Ian Stewart that was released in 2011. Taylor only played with the Stones from late 1969-1974 but he contributed to some of the band’s most successful and influential recordings. Stewart and founding guitarist Brian Jones, the band’s other two core ex-members, died in 1985 and 1969, respectively.

Members of the Stones’ longtime backing band like keyboardist Chuck Leavell and saxophonist Bobby Keys will also be part of the group’s current lineup.

Comments

Pm October 24, 2012, 15:01:55

PPV ! whoo hoo, this is goin to be good.

kenny miles October 24, 2012, 15:27:00

sticky fingers is my favorite stones album!

kenny miles October 24, 2012, 15:28:08

sticky fingers is my favorite stones album!

Ultimatelywhogivesafuck October 24, 2012, 16:28:54

hooray i like peanut butter

Jane October 24, 2012, 19:04:34

If Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor are playing in the Stones, we will listen!

Mick October 25, 2012, 15:33:53

Ultimatelywhogivesafuck don’t forget the JAM!!!

david October 29, 2012, 22:18:19

they should dump Leavell and Jones.

Jojo October 30, 2012, 14:39:32

I never was a big Ron Wood fan but that is only because Mick Taylor was so good with the Stones. But I have to admit, Woody is good with them too…but he is no Mick Taylor.

Willet Makeit November 2, 2012, 12:56:57

It will be good to see and hear the original lineup with all the lads. It was Brian’s band until he got whacked for the most obvious reasons. I don’t care if GOD is going to appear and jam it still won’t be as cool as it was with Brian….count me out…..

Francesco Rizzuto November 3, 2012, 21:33:59

I love all the Stones stuff. But I have to admit that the tracks they layed down with Mick Taylor were among the best ever. Just something about the chemistry he and Keith had that was special. It would have been interesting to hear what the Stones would have put out had Mick stayed in the band. For me the combination of keith Richards and Mick Taylor was truly a fantastic Ying/ Yang situation. In any case, I’m happy Bill Wyman will be back too. Short of bringing back Brian Jones, it will be great to see the original line up! I hope the Stones carry on for another 50 years, life without the Stones would be brutal….........

Nathalie November 7, 2012, 23:43:16

I am so lucky : I will be with the Stones on Nov 25th at O2 arena in London (not alone with them, I know !!!). Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman have to be with the Stones on Stage. They are Stones forever…. but I cross my fingers to see Jeff Beck on stage with them also. A dream for one night. I love this guitarist so much. So I cross my fingers….

Hans Storoe December 3, 2012, 16:25:23

Bill is my favorite bass player.