Published: 2012/11/07

Jefferson Starship’s Mark "Slick" Aguilar In Need of a Liver Transplant

Jefferson Starship guitarist Mark “Slick” Aguilar has recently been diagnosed with Hepatitis C and is currently in need of a liver transplant. His band has helped set up a PayPal account where fans can donate and help Aguilar raise funds for the transplant. A message on their Facebook page says, “Mark ‘Slick’ Aguilar needs a liver transplant asap! Insurance only covers so much and there are many additional costs. Please help if you can, every little bit makes a difference.” Fans can click here to donate.

Aguilar’s resume includes stints with Wayne Cochran, Buddy Miles and David Crosby as well as KC & the Sunshine Band. He joined Jefferson Airplane singer Marty Balin’s solo group in 1985 and participated in the Airplane offshoot KBC Band in the ‘80s. Since 1992 he has been a member of Jefferson Starship.

Comments

Rick November 8, 2012, 23:02:03

Thanks but the PayPal link doesn’t work. Please use this one: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=3K8D8EUVJ3XVY&lc=US&item_name=Slick%20Aguilar%20Recovery%20Fund¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

Will November 11, 2012, 02:04:29

I love his playing, excellent guitarist! Best of luck to him.

evelyn m. marston ("Willie") November 14, 2012, 19:44:56

Love ya, and prayers goin’ up to “The Great-Spirit” for ya buddy!!! I’ll be thinking about ya and sending positive vibes and energy your way. Love ya Bunches!!! LOL :)

Nancy LaRose November 15, 2012, 14:45:04

C’mon fix your link!!! The guy is gonna lose donations.

Rick November 15, 2012, 19:05:06

I posted the correct link in the 1st comment(above). I too wish Jambands would fix this. Thanks

Rick November 25, 2012, 00:54:17

Link is correct now. Thanks JamBands!!

Tom McCormack November 29, 2012, 11:59:29

GET WELL SOON!!!!!!
Thanks for all the great music and many years of service.
Who else can cover (so amazingly) Jerry, Jorma, Craig, and now John Cipollina and Gary Duncan.
We all wish you the best from Boston. Get well soon and come on back.
Peace&Love
Tom

Shelley Johnson McKenzie December 8, 2012, 21:23:48

I had Hep C (fibrosis) in 2004. I was so lucky to have realized something was wrong and had a liver biopsy. Went on The Phil Lesch site who also had a liver transplant and the people there were so supportive. I am happy to say that with medication, I am hep c free today! God bless you, Mark! I wish I had a dollar to give you but due to me having my left hip replaced on Dec. 11th, I am out of work. I will, however send prayers every day until you are well !!!