Published: 2012/11/09

Twitter Requests Lead to moe. Bust Outs

Photo via moe.‘s Facebook page

moe. kicked off the Northeast leg of their fall tour at Providence, RI’s Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel last night. Before the show, guitarist Chuck Garvey took to Twitter and asked fans for some setlist recommendations. Fan feedback pushed the group to dust off some rarer songs during the night. At the start of their second set, moe. covered The Meters’ “Cissy Strut” for the first time since May 29, 2010 and, during their encore, the group performed “Johnny Lineup” for the first time since December 31, 2011 (the song has only been played a handful of times in recent years). The show also included a memorable run from “Puebla” into “Water,” “Brent Black” and “That Coffee Tune,” before retuning to “Brent Black.” The evening continued the self-reflective feel of moe.’s Halloween performance, where the group celebrated their own history by covering three of their albums and playing a few rarer songs. Garvey thanked fans on Twitter by writing back, “Thanks for your kind participation in the song suggestion tweet-o-rama, folks! Gonna have several of these in tonight’s show.”

moe. will return to Port Chester, NY’s Capitol Theatre this evening. The band has not performed at the recently renovated theater since they shared a bill with Medeski Martin & Wood at the venue in 1996.

Here’s a look at last night’s setlist via moe.‘s Facebook page

Thursday, November 8, Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel, Providence, RI

Set I: Bring You Down > CalifornIA > Runaway Overlude, Cathedral, Yodelittle > McBain > Yodelittle

Set II: Cissy Strut#, Wind It Up, Puebla > Water > Brent Black > That Coffee Tune > Brent Black

E: Johnny Lineup*##, She Sends Me

*w/ Andy Freed on Al’s shaker

1. last time played 5/29/10
  1. last time played 12/31/11

Comments

tim November 9, 2012, 12:46:12

These are bustouts? Songs they havent played in 1 – 2 years?? Pfffffft …...... bustout my ass.

DANKERATOR November 9, 2012, 13:39:06

Honestly this is “Average” at best set list wise! I’m sure they r savn the good stuff for tonite and tomorrow!! Glad I blew it off!!! Can’t wait for new years!!

real tim November 9, 2012, 14:46:19

average at best? have you ever seen moe. before? BUD>CIA>Overlude opener, yod>mcbain>yod. puebla>water>brent are all monster segments. cmon, man

Letsgocaps November 9, 2012, 15:41:45

Johnny Line Up. Perfect song to follow up Obamas reelection.

Letsgocaps November 9, 2012, 15:41:46

Johnny Line Up. Perfect song to follow up Obamas reelection.

Rob'sHot November 9, 2012, 20:27:06

Haven’t seen a bad set list yet…moe. is simply amazing!!

Igziabeher November 9, 2012, 20:52:42

bring you down, californ-IA, Yodelittle, McBain, Cissy Strut and Johnny Lineup were all requested. That Coffee Tune was only the second time played in 15 years. If that setlist is average to you, then you must not know your moe., cuz I’ve been to 149 shows and that was easily one of the best shows i’ve seen of them.

gregors November 9, 2012, 21:53:24

I’m really not trying to be mean…I’m just going to make a point! Nobody cares how many shows you have seen. My 1st show was at Valentines in 94 and I only caught my Strazza last year at moe.down. Does that mean I know less about them than you? NO! I will say that if this was the best show you’ve seen…you should pregame with some softer drugs! Good show no doubt. The BYD & RO in set 1 and the BB > Coffee Tune > BB in the 2nd set were sweet and I’ll even say the encore was pretty beast but even in my measly sub 100 shows…I’ve seen a lot better.

peacefrogg November 9, 2012, 23:08:00

it doesn’t mean you know less, but it’s probably true. that show was an a+ brah. if that mcbain didn’t get your blood flowing then you just have a different take of what’s going on than other .rons. that first set was easily one of the best 1st sets i’ve ever seen moe. play.

chocodog November 10, 2012, 10:47:19

I like moe., they’re a good band!!

Karen November 14, 2012, 14:40:30