Published: 2012/11/16

Ask String Cheese Incident Anything

The String Cheese Incident have kicked off a new Q&A project and are reaching out to fans for some answers. The group posted on their Facebook page, “Got a something you’ve always wanted to know about SCI? Drop a comment below asking either a specific member, or the entire band, and your Q may be selected and featured.” The String Cheese Incident will perform at Warren Haynes’ Christmas Jam in Asheville, NC on December 15. Then, they will close the year with three shows in Broomfield, CO.

Comments

RebelINS00 November 16, 2012, 13:36:39

Dear SCI, Why can’t you just stay broken up? I am tired of quality headlining slots and late night slots being wasted on your lame spectacle of a show. Sincerely,
A Music Fan

Music Fan 2 November 16, 2012, 14:05:04

SC: Why did you take over the grounds for Rothbury Festival and fill all the slots with your crappy band and all your crappy side projects?

duder1259 November 16, 2012, 14:14:10

Dear SCI, If the statement “roots run deep” is such a big part of your message, why don’t you stick to yours? why did you allow that EOTO garbage to take over your bands sound? what happened to the SCI we saw at Zoe in 2007?

Thomas "Action" Jackson November 16, 2012, 14:30:23

I still dig noodling to Lands End like it was 1996.

steve b November 16, 2012, 14:40:24

enough of this “why have you “altered” your sound”. They have not CHANGED their sound, they have added new elements to their traditional sound which isnt a crime and is more common than not with a band that plays for decades. I am sure well all love the dead, and how many stylistic changes did they go through. Hell, each keyboardist pretty much changed things a bit and your a fool if you are gonna say the late 60 early 70’s Dead is the same as the disco dead or early 90’s.

Hatfield November 16, 2012, 15:43:59

there’s a whole lot of cry in these comments

Jerry Garcia November 16, 2012, 19:35:46

Dear members of SCI, why do you suck as hardas you do? and, how have you managed to be so lame for so many years without even a glimpse of hope for your musical abilities?

freddy pops tops November 16, 2012, 21:34:55

Lots of Whine to go with the Cheeze.

DarkStar84 November 16, 2012, 21:37:29

Really People nice question….
If you Don’t Like Them To See Them
It’s That Simple
Grow Up

Jack Macomber November 16, 2012, 21:39:02

Why do you play the East Coast so infrequently?
I saw you at the Palace in NYC for those two shows, then Boston (arguably the best of those three) but then I had to go to Red Rocks (and did) to see you anymore this year. Why don’t you play the Vibes Festival or in my home state of RI? And don’t listen to that negative crap posted here. It’s like listening to talk radio where people pander to each other’s baser personalities.
Cheers.

bill monty November 16, 2012, 23:35:23

why did you stop playing “Inspiration”?

Seattles finest November 17, 2012, 00:39:12

A lot of haters out here, just wanted to say thankyou for coming back on red rocks this year Saturday night after the crazy monsoon rain, me and my 5 friends came from Texas and Seattle and thought for sure you weren’t coming back out. Thanks for keeping your word and jaming the fuck out to the drenched wet few that stuck it out in there cars and under the cracks of the amazing red rocks!!! Much love and thank cheesus I didn’t get a lighting bolt up my ass!!

Seattles finest November 17, 2012, 00:48:43

Oh and one more thing I’m super excited for this summer 2013! You ran faster then the wind!

Seattleguy November 17, 2012, 01:10:57

I am going to see Bill tomorrow night because I LOVE the music and every show I have seen has been awesome. Life is good, keep it up! So in keeping with the original concept of this blog, my question would be “are you guys having fun touring?”. I sure as hell hope so, because we are having fun experiencing it! Keep loving the northwest!

Jamheadzach November 17, 2012, 01:43:23

Hey guys. I work at the Barrymore Theatre in Madison, WI. We hosted you multiple times in the 90’s, before I worked here. I saw the second two night run with the Keller pre and tweener sets. While I’m more partial to the early sound, I still have a fondness for what you do. First question: Why not do a 3 night acoustic only run at the Barrymore and dig into the roots in a town that loves and misses you? Second: Would you be willing to give some honest insight into the factors that contributed to the hiatus? Everyone has their ideas, rumors and assumptions about the reasons bands have to take a break. How about some straight up advice and analysis about the reality of being a touring band these days for all the fans, young bands, promoters and families out there?

Charles Brown November 17, 2012, 03:41:03

Dear SCI, why do you suck so bad? Do people hula hoop at your shows because the music sucks so bad that they need to keep their minds on something? Why does your music sound so shitty and overtly derivative? Will you refund my money for the time that I saw you at Alpine Valley with Phil and Friends and Claypools Frog Brigade? You sounded like a shitty bar band compared to either of those groups. Charles Brown Madison WI.

Charles Brown November 17, 2012, 03:45:34

Please dont compare the Cheeze to the Grateful Dead. The Cheeze can barley write a song. I think the phart allusion is a great part of the name….I wish they would go away…it is the worst music I have ever heard.

Jim November 17, 2012, 09:16:50

Dear SCI, I was hoping you guys would tour a little bit more frequently so I didn’t have to travel around the country to see a single show. My question though, if you get a chance, could you tell Phil that we really love him, but we can’t for the life of us figure out what he sees in Jackie Greene? We’d like to know. Dud is simply terrible. Also please ask Phil why is he charging so much at his new Terrapin Crossroads, to basically see his sons play. A lot of us feel, that we deserve better. Thanks, and please leave Bassnectar at home on your next tour,
Jim. :)

Corey November 17, 2012, 14:32:02

1999-2001 cheese is at good as music gets. Recent cheese is not so good. But don’t be fooled…they have it in them

Lisa B November 17, 2012, 14:36:50

Why did you let Kyle ruin the band back in 2000?

Betty BASS November 17, 2012, 14:38:29

Why don’t you make Bassnectar a member of your band?

marge November 17, 2012, 15:16:48

I can’t believe how many people are writing that SCI “sucks”... are you guys fucking retarded? Cheese is easily one of the best bands of our generation. And to the idiot that said that Electric Forest sucked due to Cheese headlining… I think you were the only one that thought that buddy. Go to Electric Daisy Carnival or Ultra next time derp. Cheese has made that festival one of the most unique in the world. Get with it BRO!

Music Fan 3 November 17, 2012, 16:46:07

Electric Forest is the the wackest festival off all time! If you really knew how awesome the first 2 ROTHBURY festivals were you would agree that Electric Forest may as well be Electric Daisy or any other suck floor DJ fest out there. Rothbury had Phil and Friends, Mickey Hart, Primus and The Dead, not fruit balls with samplers…Get with it Marge!!! EOTO my Scrote-O!

marge November 17, 2012, 17:00:24

Music fans are right. How could I be such a loser and forget about the first 2 Rothbury Festivals. Maybe, I have hoola hooped all my brain cells away? I can’t even image how sweet it would be to go to “Electric Forect” and actually have good bands playing, better vibes and better people.

Su Hott November 17, 2012, 17:10:23

I saw these goofies at Biig Summer Classic at Camp Zoe. Couldn’t believe how bad thet were. Best part of the night was watching Phish’s Live in Brooklynn DVD projected on the rock wall by the creek. Phish on DVD blew SCI out of the water! literally.

The Be Sharps November 17, 2012, 22:38:24

They were great until about 2001ish and then seemed to get a little too confident in themselves. They’ve been garbage since and a lot of folks say they’ve become total cocks as people. The last few shows i saw before I finally said enough were so, so bad. What’s funny is if you pick any genre of music they’ve tried to play, they’re no longer even the best from colorado in that genre.

jahnnathan roochhi November 19, 2012, 09:27:44

I have seen SCI upwards of 30 times. They turned a corner in 2002 that had many fans, myself included, losing 100% of interest in the band. They went from having lots of fantastic moments in 98-> 2001 to sounding like a totally different, much worse band almost overnight. I would like to know what was going on in the band from NYE 2001 (which i enjoyed) to Winter Carnival 2002 (which was completely boring) that would cause them to be so out of sync. I gave them a few more chances at Red rocks but none of those shows were good at all and i hung up my SCI hat.

jahnnathan roochhi November 19, 2012, 09:31:14

However, it was always hilarious watching Travis at random Fox Theater shows trying to get his boink on with whoever was willing out in full view.

jahnnathan roochhi November 19, 2012, 09:34:01

I remember the album ‘Outside / Inside’ being the first “jam band” album that i vehemently detested which suxs b/c i liked Round the Wheel and BOTWP.

Michelle, an Oregon Fan February 3, 2013, 11:09:28

Don’t listen to the negative comments. You guys at HH are my sole reason to wake up every morning for a year. It’s the only show I get to see the entire year, and my mental battery charge to make it through the harshness of the year. I’m wondering, have you ever stepped in peacock poo when you go to Hornings? Can’t wait to see you at HH this year. I need to charge my battery back up to full again :)

Trash Thompson April 11, 2013, 11:22:54

When will SCI drop back in to Asheville? Looks like some good ole Phish fan bs towards the top. Hope someone has enough tissues…..

Dartaniel October 11, 2013, 16:54:52

I know there are a lot of stupid questions on here. Why are there only questions and no answers. I love String Cheese Incident!

SCI till i DIE November 5, 2013, 12:22:42

WTF is with all you haters?....you take the time to comment and verbally bash the band… people and bands get older, and change, and evolve…. get over it, what a joke, the open a Q & A for people to have fun and learn some cool stuff, and more than half of you are being complete jokes, do use all a favor and never go to a show or listen to this band again then, no need for ur insanely negative vibe to be around this band at all. woow

cheese is gay April 29, 2014, 13:14:28

cheese fans are the worst. cheese is the worst