Published: 2012/12/07

Fruition Includes Relix Subscription Package in Kickstarter

Portland,OR-based string band Fruition is offering a Relix subscription package to fans who donate to their Kickstarter campaign. The group is asking for $20,000 to help them record their new full-length album, as well as to help their singer and guitarist Jay Cobb Anderson record his solo album. People that pledge $50 or more will receive a one-year subscription to Relix Magazine, a signed advance of the album, a limited edition sticker and a digital download of Jay Cobb Anderson’s LP I’m A Rambler, I’m A Fool. The offer only lasts until December 20, when the campaign comes to a close. You can watch the band’s Kickstarter proposal video above.

Fruition will play begin their final run of shows for 2012 tonight with a “Western Formal” themed headlining gig at The Star Theatre in Portland, OR. The band will then play a few more shows in the Pacific Northwest before opening for Railroad Earth on December 30 during their New Year’s Eve run at The Crystal Ballroom in Portland, OR. You can purchase tickets to that event here.

Comments

Henry December 8, 2012, 12:37:52

Frankie December 8, 2012, 12:42:30

Mark from fire on the mountain December 8, 2012, 13:20:44

Aren’t you supposed to have a hit record and maybe 2 more before your lead singer goes solo these folks sound ass backwards. Don’t think I will support arrogant people just my thoughts

Jennifer December 8, 2012, 13:22:15

Give your Monet to a real charity.this is a scam!

Jill December 8, 2012, 17:56:22

Will someone donate 20, ooo to my music education so I can finish school why we are at it I need a solo album also. Sounds great!

Portland Rambler December 9, 2012, 15:07:14

You guys are a bunch of haters. I too am from Portland and have watched this band get to where they are (years of hard work) and you are a fool to hate on artists who are trying to subvert the system to create something that’s entirely their own. Kickstarter isn’t charity, it’s a modern form of philanthropy and if you’re not for it don’t taint a page with your negative energy. If you don’t want to donate don’t, but you should, because these guys are truly amazing. And Mark, from fire on the mountain? You’re ridiculous; that band has given fire on the mountain so much business by virtue of their fan base and playing there all those Sundays.

Steven Pazzi December 9, 2012, 15:53:55

Are you crazy? This band is amazing and is asking for our help as many other bands do and have done. Have any of you talking bad actually seen them or know these guys. You all need to get a life and grow up. You people leaving negative comments are a joke.

Sarah Jay December 9, 2012, 16:09:48

This is why philanthropy is awesome, you get to donate to what you (not crazies on the internet) want to see succeed. If you really want to help a charity, volunteer! Musicians aren’t charity cases, especially not these folks who have been doing it right for years and deserve the chance to ask for a little help from their friends. (And since when did charities give you signed copies of your favorite bands’ new cds?) Also, please don’t knock kickstarter. It’s is SUCH an awesome venue for so many kinds of projects, non-profits, artists, you name it. The stuff that kickstarter has made possible will amaze you. Good luck y’all!!

Will December 9, 2012, 16:17:33

I would just like to clarify: as a manager and current booker at Fire On The Mountain Burnside, we have always had a great relationship with these guys. Fruition nights at FOTM are some of the busiest we’ve had for our music, and certainly the most fun. It has always been a priority for us to support local, up-and-coming musicians, and Fruition, in my mind, is the cream of the crop. So Mark, above, give it a rest, and please don’t pretend to represent an organisation that actually supports these folks to fullest. Thanks for helping a stellar, hard-working group of musicians achieve their dream.

Amy jessup December 9, 2012, 17:09:09

Why don’t you fotm people just give them 20000 dollars,you sell a heart attack on a plate anyway your deep-fried bullshit is really what’s wrong with world.go fruition

some randome girl December 9, 2012, 17:13:19

Fruition on X Factor? Gross. Then people like you would say they are sell-outs. I will gladly donate to see a a band get out their genuine sound instead of the diluted mediocrity that is the music industry. Fruition is a very hardworking and talented band! They are all amazing musicians and great people. You won’t be disappointed in their album….it really is music everyone can enjoy.

Peacock December 9, 2012, 18:36:29

I cannot put a price on inspitation in action. Can you? To achieve, succede, advance, grow, and remain real in todays music whirrled is not easy tasty cake. This band has been doing nothing but eating, breathing, dirving, and living music non stop for the past few years. Their skill, songwriting, and stge presence alone inspires me to shut up and dance. Let alone getting to know each one of these individuals has given me much happiness that I can call these intelligent, hard working, musicians my friends. I am also impressed by the fact that they dont want a major label calling the shots or telling them how to sound. They are doing it their way. As far as solo albums are concerned, Jay Cobb Is OOOooozing with awesome lyrics and sonic bliss that is all his own. I for one am happy that he can get his sound out so he doesn’t explode! I Hear of a solo Mimi Naja project, and hope to hear of a Kellen Album coming soon. Hell, I’ll help pay for it! If you dont understand, Shut up, dance, and listen. If you want to hate. Go away! If you get it. Kick Down So We Can Get Down!

Jessmica December 9, 2012, 18:44:04

Wow. There is some truly ignorant shit posted here. Those of you who are calling these kids arrogant and lazy obviously have never met them, and you have no idea what you’re talking about. The members of Fruition are kind, humble, hard-working, and incredibly talented to boot. Their music is magical, and their live shows are never ever disappointing. I highly encourage anyone who hasn’t had the pleasure of hearing their beautiful sound to take a listen and then judge for yourselves whether you think they are worth donating to. Whether you decide to donate or not, please just don’t let the hateful and negative remarks here keep you from checking them out. There is a reason why they are so very loved here in Portland, and already have over two hundred backers on Kickstarter. It’s because they deserve it. In a country being dominated by awful and empty music, theirs is what should be being supported by the public.

Eli December 9, 2012, 19:23:07

Love this band! Count yourself lucky if youve seen how hard this band has worked and continues to work to be where they are. I happily donated tk their kickstart because i dont want Fruition to feel like they have to sign up with a big record company. Theyve worked hard to have the friends, fans, and family who are willing to donate to keep their sound alive and for that reason alone they deserve it! Fruition for life!

marvin reininger December 9, 2012, 20:28:06

Henry December 8, 2012, 12:37:52 I am from Oregon this band is a bunch of lazy stoners. They should bust their ass, and get the money themselves this is America work for your shit. This is not a charity. This is the biggest bs I have ever heard I will no longer support these free loaders. Frankie December 8, 2012, 12:42:30 These losers have alot of nerve. Wtf. They are some charity sorry asses can’t even get a record deal go on the x factor go wait in line like everyone else. Charity case! ^^^hahahaha^^^ Totes tools outta the shed! FRUITION it up y’all!

Nick December 10, 2012, 15:34:29

While I love fruition and fully support all they do, I also am a fan of the idea of fruition on x factor. How do we make this happen?

Rob Holmes December 10, 2012, 17:37:31

I met these cats on the back porch of a house in SE Portland in 2008 before they made their first album, been at every CD release party they have thrown watched them play sets of music only to show up to an after party with their instruments to jam some more. They are truly music lovers and it is a wonderful thing to behold. I have seen them break their instruments out on the streets and draw huge crowds of people that have never seen them before and watched as those strangers became instant fans and friends. This is a hard-working, fun-having, folk-stomping and all-around-awesome group of individuals. Seeing how far they have come these last 4 and 1/2 years has been a great thing to behold. Good on you Fruition for having the guts to get this kickstarter going, because if you know anything you know how realistic these guys are and how making a decision to call out to their fans for help and support took some serious guts. Love ya’ll, wish I had an income so I could help to but I will keep rootin for you and send mad positive energy your way so you can meet your goal!! MINDOIT!!

Nathanael Tucker December 10, 2012, 19:36:39

These fine musicians have been playing music all over the Northwest in various band configurations. Having had the opportunity to hear them play here in Idaho, I can attest that they are talented, hard working and just plain beautiful. Check them out! (Sorry haters, no snarky comebacks from me.)

Kiran December 16, 2012, 10:59:24

annnnd they did it!
Made their 20,000 goal and then some with four days left.
Keep donating!!
fruition deserves it, they’re truly an amazing bunch