Published: 2012/12/25

Black Crowes Announce 2013 Tour Dates, End Hiatus

The Black Crowes have announced that they will hit the road this spring for their first shows since going on an indefinite hiatus. The group has not toured in the U.S. since the end of 2010, and the Crowes have not performed internationally since a short European tour in mid-2011. During their hiatus, band principals Chris and Rich Robinson focused on their solo bands. As of press time, the band’s 2013 lineup is unknown.

The band will kick things off in the United Kingdom on March 24 before returning to the U.S. for a two night run at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY April 2 and 3. The Black Crowes will then embark on a 21 show tour that includes two-night runs at Terminal 5 in New York City, the 9:30 Club in Washington, DC, The Vic Theatre in Chicago and The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. The Black Crowes will wrap things up with a JazzFest after show at the Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts in New Orleans on May 4. The full list of tour dates can be viewed below.

Black Crowes 2013 Tour Dates

April 28 Houston, TX—House of Blues
April 30 St. Petersburg, FL—The Mahaffey
May 1 Lake Buena Vista, FL—House of Blues
May 4 New Orleans, LA—Mahalia Jackson Theater for the Performing Arts

Comments

Only halfway... December 25, 2012, 18:49:43

Last time I checked “crossing the country” would actually mean crossing the country, not stopping halfway and turning back towards the East. It gets old saying the West coast gets little love, but it gets even older having to say it to begin with. Not to complain, and it’s only Spring tour so far, so other announcements may come, but nonetheless it’s unfortunate for the Best Coast fans to get snubbed and shortchanged so often….

Yossarian December 25, 2012, 21:19:42

Nothing I can make it to, but I’m still stoked to have the Crowes back! I do hope Chris keeps CRB together… they’ve really gotten good. It’d be a shame to pull a New Earth Mud with them.

Patience only halfway December 25, 2012, 22:08:02

Everyone knows the Crowes spend a lot of Dec playing the Fillmore in SF alone. Snubbed would be the one show in Atlanta.. hell think of the poor folks in Scotland ;)

Patience 2 December 25, 2012, 22:32:13

I think the 1 Atlanta show only goes to show there’s going to be a summer tour where they’ll hit up the southern market like NC/SC and ATL again (Chastain)... then head out west.

Eric December 26, 2012, 07:56:14

I really hate Terminal 5, worst venue in NYC. Wish they were doing Nokia, I’ll shoot for Port Chester. LUTHER!

d-bag December 26, 2012, 08:16:48

Jackie Green is the ‘new’ guitar player.

Eric December 26, 2012, 08:34:40

Luther is out! I guess it was too much for Rich to have a guitarist that is clearly (I’ll say it) better than he is. Luther with the Crows we’re some of the best shows I’ve ever seen, sorry to see he’s out.

Yossarian December 26, 2012, 10:20:25

Is Luther for sure out? That’s the rumor I heard too. Bringin’ Audley back would be kind of cool.

Yossarian December 26, 2012, 10:37:37

Oh, so it IS Jackie Greene. Interesting. I feel a little unsure, but I trust the Crowes.

Awful December 26, 2012, 11:35:43

I never thought I would be bummed to hear this news but I am. Been really into CRB and this is not good news for them.

Jackie December 26, 2012, 11:36:49

Luthers playing just streched those jams and brought them to new heights, that guitar spot seems to be a revolving door in that band.

CRB!!! December 26, 2012, 12:47:18

CRB DMT LSD___ These guys kill it- I hope they still play

aderholt December 26, 2012, 20:17:18

When can I get some ticket info! Hope the Luther thing is just a rumor

R Walsh December 27, 2012, 10:28:08

Glad to see one of favorite bands back in action in 2013, but on the other hand…will miss Luther’s playing. He was awesome during his tenure with the Crowes. Will have to catch Crowes and NM All Stars both in 2013 I guess.

Brother Sal December 27, 2012, 13:07:50

The Crowes are pointless without Marc Ford.

M December 28, 2012, 20:59:32

Bummed to hear this as well. Really been digging the CRB super hard these days. It’s always on in our house. Where’s the SoCal love?

Nhil December 30, 2012, 00:57:31

West coast gets no love? Robinson lives in nor cal and has been playin all over the west coast for a long time. CRB has been at TC many times this last year and san fran.

Bobby B December 30, 2012, 11:46:45

Bam! Just made my Spring…Terminal 5 there I be!

linda December 30, 2012, 21:38:48

*LOVE

@coffeewithian December 31, 2012, 10:17:34

Is Chris Kuroda doing lights on this tour? Bieber is touring at the same time…

Sunshine Maui January 2, 2013, 10:59:21

A friend and I were assaulted at the 9:30 Club (in DC) a few years ago and security was a joke. I will never set foot in that place again. Hope I get to see the band somewhere else! Excited about the Jackie Greene addition.

Angie March 11, 2013, 20:57:02

Wow…. I am really excited about the addition of Jackie Greene! My two favorites musicians jamming together on one stage. It looks like a road trip is I’m order.

Angie March 11, 2013, 20:57:05

Danielle April 23, 2013, 11:44:53

Worry not, West Coast-ians! The Black Crowes ALWAYS end the year on the West Coast. Dates just haven’t been announced yet, but they’ll be playing a lot of shows over here too!

Kevin May 13, 2013, 01:59:35

I hope you’re right Danielle, I can’t imagine they would snub the whole WC. Here in Portland it’s always sketchy whether bands stop here or not, but we always show the Crowes love to a sold out crowd!! Announce the dates, brothers, we miss ya something awful here!!!!

Steve May 29, 2013, 00:27:28

Jackie Green is a Nor Cal guy. They had better make a swing out here.

Steve May 29, 2013, 00:27:51

Jackie Green is a Nor Cal guy. They had better make a swing out here.