Published: 2013/01/11

No David Bowie Tour

It appears that the only live “David Bowie” in the offing for music fans in the immediate future will be at Phish shows. The producer of David Bowie’s forthcoming album has confirmed that the legendary performer will not be touring in support of his new record. Tony Visconti told NME magazine that Bowie is “fairly adamant he’s never gonna perform live again.”

Still, longtime guitarist Earl Slick has told Ultimate Classic Rock, “We don’t know. Obviously, we want him to. But right now, that’s a big if… I could get a phone call tomorrow saying, ‘Hey, you know what? Here’s the setlist.’ I don’t know. I can’t speak for him or the organization. Obviously, the band would love to go out. Even if it’s not a huge tour, we would like to go out and do some gigs. But that’s yet to be seen.”

Bowie surprised everyone by releasing “Where Are We Now?”, his first song in almost a decade, earlier this week. He has made only a few low-key live appearances since suffering a heart attack backstage at the Hurricane Festival in Scheesel, Germany in 2004. Bowie’s new album The Next Day will be released in March, and his single “Where Are We Now?” is currently available on iTunes.

Comments

3po1nt0 January 11, 2013, 18:39:37

this news bums me out. david bowie is #1 on my “artists-to-see” bucket list with jimmy page at #2

drasticjasper January 11, 2013, 20:03:37

that new song is almost as coma inducing as Robert Plants recent work

HatingTheHaters January 11, 2013, 21:51:46

Drasticjasper…...I am mystified as to why negative j@ck@sses like yourself chose to spend your limited time on the planet trolling the blogs but if you are going to share your idiocy with the world at least understand the basic grammar rules in what I assume is your native language…....Robert Plant’s ….. The apostrophe doesn’t cost extra to use.

Matt S. January 12, 2013, 02:25:18

This is bullshit.

DUDESTER January 14, 2013, 10:43:50

just redo the Earthling tour again and again

dankerator January 14, 2013, 10:44:50

bowie is a smarty pants. He prob was thinkn i got a good song let me record it make a record collect the cash and not tour!! Ozzy should do the same!!!! Prob his dr. said u need to take it easy!!! I have no problem with that. I saw him in 2004 before the heart attack he was amazing!!!

mike January 31, 2013, 20:59:49

You’re all fucking stupid, especially hatingthehaters

stacy wilson April 14, 2013, 13:17:08

I have seen Bowie 9 times; 1st was Diamond Dogs, Last was Earthling (p.s. Dudester, Awesome show. LOVE Reeves!) In the times that I have seen him, he has told his audiences he would not be back 4 separate times, only to reappear again within in a few years. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he was to do a 20 city tour. One can only speculate…........