Published: 2013/01/23

Patterson Hood’s Guitar Stolen

Patterson Hood’s guitar was stolen at The Blue Note in Columbia, MO last night and now the Drive-By Tuckers frontman is searching for his prized possession. A few photos of the custom acoustic guitar can be viewed below, along with a statement from Hood.

Y’ALL,

Last night my prized Baxendale Acoustic Guitar was stolen during our load out from The Blue Note in Columbia MO. It was custom made for me and was my most cherished material possession. It’s a small, parlour type bodied acoustic guitar. I have written my last five albums on this guitar and am very upset.Anyone with any information about it, please contact us (management@drivebytruckers.com), no questions asked.┬áIt has made an already terrible week even worse.

Thanks in advance,
Patterson Hood
Drive-By Truckers

Comments

t January 23, 2013, 19:01:09

Whoever does this type of shit is a serious DOUCHBAG! karma’s a bitch cool kid.

par for the course in Columbia January 23, 2013, 23:13:35

This shocked me until I realized this happened in Columbia MO. This is how they roll. Start looking in the football or bball office and you will find it. Head coach of FB knocked up a cheerleader, hoops coach is waiting to get arraigned in FL and who can forget all the stuff Ricky Clemons and crew did when he was there . Bob Weir was hassled there several years ago, too. Shame as the Midwest is full of good people who are very kind. There’s a reason Big 12 and Big 10 didn’t want MU – this is another example of why.

Jaimoe January 24, 2013, 09:29:45

Hey par for Columbia it was probably a kid from your hometown that your friends with douche bag. What does Mizzou athletics have to do with it. Think before your type your adoloescent punk. Bob Weir was hassled there? Please

Yossarian January 24, 2013, 10:18:27

Hope he’s able to get it back, that sucks.

Damn January 24, 2013, 11:16:47

Awful news. The Truckers have taken some hits lately, hope it shows up soon and I hope that things begin to look up for them.

Soul Stu January 24, 2013, 13:09:45

That really sucks. Especially it being such a special guitar. I’d hate to be roadie who’s watch that happened under… That crew must feel awful.

danno January 24, 2013, 16:56:08

Good Luck! If we can keep the pressure on we just might get this back. I can’t remember any specifics, I have been going to the blue note for 25 years…, but this happened once a while back where there was a custom instrament with sentimental value taken and it was eventually “found”. Hoping…

drink champagne in champaign January 25, 2013, 00:01:19

Crying shame. PH is such a talented guy and so under rated and under aware by the national scene.. sounds like this has been a had week. Too bad C-town is getting a bad rap but then again I have been they there for shows and it seems like a tough place to be a long hair with a guitar. That’s me and I was hassled and PH has more talent in his shoelaces than most have all told….Paterson, hope u break on thru to the other side. M-I-Z....P-On-U…they always do.

Steve January 25, 2013, 10:37:22

Why would someone do this. as a amateur musician myself my instruments are the only thing I care about and they were not custom made for me… I cant imagine. Hood is one of my favorite songwriters and i hope he can get his axe back