Published: 2013/02/25

STS9: Guests, Bust Outs and More

STS9 offered several surprises during their show at Eureka, CA’s Eureka Theatre last night. Near the start of their show, the members of STS9 brought out opener Russ Liquid to play trumpet on “King Pharaoh’s Tomb.” Then, at the start of their second set STS9 offered two unannounced ‘Axe the Cables’ stripped down songs, an untitled number and “Satori.” The evening also featured a few bust outs, including “By The Morning Sun,” “Crystal Instrument” and “Jabez” (the latter song has not been played since 3/13/2007). STS9’s tour continues with an appearance at Chico, CA’s Senator Theatre on Wednesday.

Comments

Derreck February 25, 2013, 16:14:41

First Kabuki since 3/13/07 in Eugene.

Ender February 25, 2013, 16:37:08

The first weekend of shows are looking great. I am glad they are arranging more varied set lists.

Ripple February 25, 2013, 19:30:19

I believe it’s Jebez, not Jabez. It happens to be my favorite STS9 so while I’m glad it’s back in the rotation, I’m not confident it will appear again on Friday when I see the band.

MusicalStoryBV February 26, 2013, 11:35:51

One of the most diverse and exciting set lists I’ve seen from them all tour! (available via facebook/sts9news page) Looks amazing on paper and I’m sure the energy in there was crazy. That entire second set looks like the heat. Circus, Jebez, Satori, BTMS, Baraka, KPT... WOW. And I love some Crystal Instrument, Monkey Music, and Somesing too. Damn, this has me super excited for Asheville @ the Orange Peel! Counting down the days…

MusicalStoryBV February 26, 2013, 11:39:21

By the way, they played Jebez on 12.29.2008 in Atlanta at the Tabernacle. No way I’ll ever forget that show… my first Jebez, Warrior, and Crystal. Peace!

Jdubs February 26, 2013, 13:32:34

Last Jebez was 12/27/2011 Atlanta, GA – The Tabernacle, last Kabuki was 03/13/07 Boulder, CO – Boulder Theatre.