Published: 2013/03/21

Prince Confirms West Coast Tour

Prince has announced a West Coast club tour for this spring. The pop virtuoso will make a series of two-night stops in seven different cities in the U.S. and Canada, where he will perform two shows a night. Ticketing information will be announced next week. The full list of his upcoming tour dates can be found below.

Prince 2013 Dates

April 15 Vancouver, BC—The Vogue (Early and Late Show)
April 16 Vancouver, BC—The Vogue (Early and Late Show)
April 18 Seattle, WA—Showbox (Early and Late Show)
April 19 Seattle, WA—Showbox (Early and Late Show)
April 23 San Francisco, CA—DNA Lounge (Early and Late Show)
April 24 San Francisco, CA—DNA Lounge (Early and Late Show)
April 26 Las Vegas, NV—The Joint (Early and Late Show)
April 27 Las Vegas, NV—The Joint (Early and Late Show)
April 30 Phoenix, AZ—The Marquee (Early and Late Show)
May 1 Phoenix, AZ—The Marquee (Early and Late Show)
May 3 San Diego, CA—Hard Rock Hotel (Early and Late Show)
May 4 San Diego, CA—Hard Rock Hotel (Early and Late Show)
May 7 Anaheim, CA—The Grove (Early and Late Show)
May 8 Anaheim, CA—The Grove (Early and Late Show)
July 13-15 Montreux, CH—Montreux Jazz Festival
August 4 Stockholm, SE—Stockholm Music & Arts Festival
August 7 Skanderborg, DK—Smuckfest

Comments

JC March 21, 2013, 16:24:47

I grew up on Prince. I had Purple Rain on vinyl. Brett, I have listened to Prince, obviously not as extensively as you. Dave, I am not ignorant. I have probably seen more shows than your little 20-year-old-with-a-beard-dork-ass. Did you ever watch Sesame Street where they played “One of These Things Is Not Like the Other”? Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, Phish, Widespread, String Cheese, moe., Prince. One of these things is not like the other. As far as me’s comment (witty name by the way, must be some stoner sitting in his room playing video games), just because a jam band covers Prince does not make it jambands.com material. Just because Phish covers “Getting Jiggy with It” doesn’t mean that we should start advertising Fresh Prince’s tour schedule on jambands.com. You guys who are commenting are dorks and are the problem with the jam band scene these days. Get a job. Get a life.

Carter Candlestick March 21, 2013, 12:51:43

Purple Yoda is back

JC March 21, 2013, 13:16:59

Prince is extremely talented, but why is this in jambands.com? What is next, Madonna’s tour schedule? Stupid.

dave the slave March 21, 2013, 13:24:33

At least he’s not PHISH!!!!

Brett March 21, 2013, 14:20:10

Why is Prince on Jambase? You obviously haven’t spent a lot of time listening to Prince or his body of work. Living LEGEND.

dave March 21, 2013, 14:45:22

JC, your comment shows your ignorance. If you have no idea what your talking about, then why comment?

me March 21, 2013, 14:46:48

Why the same dumb question every time a person, band or event pops up on jambands… “Why is this reported here…” crap! Here’s a slight hint… in one way, or another, there is a correlation to jam music… how many jam bands cover Prince? Same type of example can be given every time someone asks “why report this here?”... really not rocket science people!

Jan March 21, 2013, 16:32:36

Oh, what is wrong you people? Can’t you like multiple types of music and be thankful that they are still out there entertaining us? I like the jambands advertised on here but love Prince also and was excited to see that he is touring again. What do I care if jambands.com wants to advertise his tours? Get a life!!! Wah, wah, wah…whiners!!

Big Swifty March 21, 2013, 16:43:57

Get your hands on a video of Prince playing two shows at Montreux in 2009. That’s why he’s on Jambands.com.

JC March 21, 2013, 17:00:02

Nothing is wrong with being critical of the focus of this website. Most people who read jambands.com like a certain genre of music. And Prince does not fit in with that type of music. As I said originally, Prince is extremely talented, but starting to cover that on this website would dilute what jambands.com stands for. I read Relix for a long time when the Grateful Dead were playing (with Jerry) and never saw an article about Prince (and he was popular then too). As far as Montreaux 2009, you can say what you want, but that is not jam music like the Grateful Dead, Allmans, Phish, Widespread, String Cheese, Karl Denson, Funky Meters, etc. It is just not the same. I think I am dealing with some 25-and-unders here who don’t know much about music. Oh well.

cRAIG mITCHELL March 21, 2013, 18:06:14

Not sure why Prince is tied in with Jam Bands? Check out a show…ANY show…
PLUS:
http://www.mixcloud.com/pascal3121/prince-small-club-live-in-holland-1988/ And that show is from 1988!!!!!
The hits are cool…the rest is the SHIT!

DJ Damage March 21, 2013, 18:09:44

“Jam” Bands…whatever, get a life dope smokers, Prince is as worthy as any of the stinky, swarthy, armpit hairy, boring as hell, noodleheads that get press on this acid casualty website, so get over yourselves and get out and save the earthworms, or better yet, GET JOBS FREAKOS!

me March 21, 2013, 19:29:56

@DJ… that life of yours must be rockin’ what with the time you have to troll websites of things you hate… ouch, that dope smoker tag really is a crusher… you are the man!

me March 21, 2013, 19:35:26

@JC… yea… you nailed cool dude… talk about problems with the scene… I’d have to say it’s the guy quoting Sesame Street… is that how you work it with the ladies? My grey hair, my wife and kids, my job I’ve been at for the last 13 years and the house I own (not the bank) would suggest that you are just a bit off on your description… just like you are with reasons not to announce a Prince tour schedule… remind me again, how much did you pay for the article you little weasel?

Mike March 21, 2013, 19:44:39

DJ Damage….hahahahahaha gay ass name. Doubt you are even a DJ. If you are, then all you are is a music THIEF. Suck an egg dip shit and learn how to create your own music, not steal others.

Mike March 21, 2013, 19:45:29

DJ Damage March 21, 2013, 21:36:11

Websters defines satire as…....

DJ Damage March 21, 2013, 21:41:23

Wait a minute Mike…“Gay” ass name??? I’m “Shocked”..haha get it? Of course I’m not a DJ you bottom feedin’ douchebag. Get a sense of humor, irony, whatever…Do another tab and listen to to Phish, maybe the bootleg from “Phedphile Tour”....and tell your mom I say hello.

bruce stewart jr March 22, 2013, 01:49:59

Love the Dead, Phish, widespread, umphreys, all the jam bands! All of them, Prince is the man! No one has called his own shots like Prince! Amazing underrated musicianship, that man can play! Bring it to the east coast my purple guitar slaying brother! Love ya

JC March 22, 2013, 10:08:15

@me (or whatever your name is), I don’t have to work it with the ladies. Married with kids, attorney (and I am doing just fine financially). You wouldn’t diss Sesame Street if you had kids (or talk about “the ladies”) so I’m calling you out. I think you are a fraud. Prove it. You wouldn’t say that jam bands cover Prince unless you were a youngster. You are going to lie anyway, so what’s the point. And that is creative, asking me how much the article costs. So people cannot be critical of media just because they do not pay for it (directly)? Another stupid argument from “me.” What a surprise. All in all, however, with the others, I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I will stand by my thoughts that listening to Jerry, Trey, Trucks, Houser, Kang, Betts, Herring, etc. are a whole lot different than Prince. (Again, I know he is extremely talented.) And you are entitled to your opinion.

Sean March 22, 2013, 10:26:56

* Prince is the best performers I have ever seen, hands down. * Prince is one of the most talented musicians I have seen (guitar, piano, drums, insert instrument here) * Prince’s live shows are amazing. I’ve seen him bring guests on stage like Morris Day, Santana, and Larry Graham. * Prince is mentioned on jambands.com because he can JAM!

JC March 22, 2013, 10:34:01

Guests like Morris Day, Santana, and Larry Graham. That says it all. (And don’t start talking about Santana with the Grateful Dead and Phish and such. Santana will play with ANYBODY.)

me March 22, 2013, 11:25:59

@JC… first, the attorney thing explains a lot about your ass-attitude about something as minuscule as Prince mentioned on a jamband site… not sure what to do to prove it to you… I live near Rochester, NY… if you’re close by I’d be happy to meet you in person… born in ’65, 1st live show was Van Halen’s first world tour, at the Rochester War Memorial (didn’t like the Dead, thus skipped out on their show at Holleder Stadium that year, where the Good Rats opened for them… a band that I loved “School Days” “Injun Joe”, etc., though I had a chance to go)... My kids are 14 and 10 and, yes, I lived through the Seseme Street years… my first Phish show was at my college (Plattsburgh St) on 12/4/91… My wife and I have been married 18 years (wedding song “If I Could” for a tad more proof) and I sure don’t argue points using Sesame Street on a jamband website… need I go on, or can I rest my case?

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!!! March 22, 2013, 11:41:32

PRINCE IS A SERIOUS FACE-MELTER!!!!! BUCKLE UP KIDS!!!!! ANYBODY TALKING SHIT HAS A BOB WIER BOBBLE-HEAD COLLECTION AND STILL ROCKS PATCHWORK!!!! (and that is super ___!!!)

JC March 22, 2013, 14:22:02

Motion denied.

Katherine March 22, 2013, 15:21:11

Maybe this website should be called: whitejambands.com if you think Prince should not be here. I’ve seen Prince jam for hours go-go style and it is awesome. Far better than any Phish show I was dragged to see in college. Please note, people dancing at Prince shows actually have rhythm.

me March 22, 2013, 16:45:23

Well, then get yourself to the Rochester area and we’ll have a sidebar… we’ll discuss Pet Rocks and Pop Rocks that killed Mikey… and maybe the Bicentennial Train…

JC March 23, 2013, 13:38:08

You are so funny. If you want to use pet rocks or hula hoops or the slinky as an analogy go for it. You have managed to take a simple discussion and turn it into something unrelated. The Sesame Street analogy was just my way to make a point. Straight over your head. I still stand by my opinion. Who knows, maybe prince will sit in with the Allmans next year at the beacon.

me March 25, 2013, 16:34:52

K JC… I mention them just as another method of proving my age to you (not related to your Sesame St comment whatsoever, note that they were all things from the 70s… talk about “Straight over your head”), as well as trying to diffuse the tension… I should never have tried to prove something to you, a lawyer doesn’t care about truth, only about proof…and if Prince does, will you finally let these minor issues slide by with out crying like a 5 y/o who didn’t get to see Sesame St?

Sam May 4, 2013, 17:21:51

I’ve lost all respect for Prince after the way he’s treated the Time and some of the other musicians who are simply out trying to make a buck. I wouldn’t walk across the room to see Prince.