Published: 2013/03/21

The Eagles Announce Summer Tour

The Eagles have announced a series of tour dates for July. The band will be performing in support of the documentary History of the Eagles, which debuted on Showtime recently and will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on April 30. The tour will kick off on July 6 in Louisville, KY before taking them to other cities in the Midwest, Canada and Northeast. Tickets to all of these dates (except Philadelphia and Cleveland) will be available via Ticketmaster at 10am on Thursday, March 28. A ill list of their upcoming dates can be found below.

The Eagles 2013 Summer Tour

July 23 Pittsburgh, PA—Consol Energy Center
July 25 Bethel, NY—Bethel Woods Center

Comments

Joe Pop March 21, 2013, 18:18:18

ummmm Joe frggin Walsh

Dave Donohue March 21, 2013, 18:07:36

I hate to be one of the haters who say things like this, but: Why on Earth is this news on Jambands.com?

kevin March 21, 2013, 19:15:28

it’s on jambands.com because the eagles rock

kerny March 21, 2013, 19:20:41

I hate the fuckin eagles, man

me March 21, 2013, 19:24:44

As I said on another post… you ever hear The Eagles covered by a jamband? Do you think they influenced any jamband? I think the answer to both is a definite “yes” thus they should be covered… But, how much will this years tickets cost… it seems to be a contest between the Stones and the Eagles as to how much they can rip people off for essentially the same show year after year after year…

Jeff March 21, 2013, 19:39:16

only $6000 a ticket…

cosmicbein March 21, 2013, 20:05:01

few good dittys

Befuddled March 21, 2013, 20:48:41

“Me”: According to you and your “6 Degrees” mentality, Beethoven should be covered here too, because he influenced someone who influenced someone who might be a jam band. Or, also according to you, they’re a jamband if they played music over 10 minutes long. Sorry, neither The Eagles or Sabbath are “jambands” and should not be covered here. Otherwise, change the name of the site to make it more reflective of the content. Simple concept really, and how you can’t get that through your thick head is beyond some of us, asshat.

what? March 21, 2013, 22:55:58

Really guys? Why is this even a debate? How much does it really bother you if a band that isn’t a jamband gets covered on this site? Don’t want to read about it? Then don’t click the link. Simple concept really, and how you can’t get that through your think head is beyond some of us, asshat. I mean come on, the Eagles are not my band but they are a band that plenty of jamband fans probably appreciate. Same goes for Sabbath and Prince. Chill out.

KB March 22, 2013, 07:08:26

I just think it’s funny that I saw them in 1994 for their good bye tour. It was Hell Freezes over and they said at the time it was the only one they would do…hysterical at this point. But, whatever, I’m not hating on ‘em.

bob March 22, 2013, 09:23:15

Eagles have always pushed the envelope in outrageous tix prices…second only to the Stones…but I do enjoy their music.

Bill Harriman March 22, 2013, 09:32:39

The Eagles were fine back in the day but now they’re like rock and roll dinner theater. I also agree that they shouldn’t be on this site. Let me ask you all this question please. Would you rather pay $40 bucks to see moe. or Grace Potter or the Drive-By Truckers or would you rather pay $250 to see the Eagles?

me March 22, 2013, 10:57:54

@Befuddled… talk about thick head… really, you are so mentally challenged you can’t figure out a simple line to draw? Talk about asshat… you’ve obviously won that crown… go piss in the wind moron… @what… some people are natural born cry babies… see Befuddled for a great example!

drrc March 22, 2013, 13:17:20

befuddled, you’re an a-hole. Some of the best bands ever are not considered jam bands and frankly some so called jambands suck. Either way I go to this site to get up to date info on what’s happening in music. So shut up you whiner.

Cleeet March 22, 2013, 14:34:52

It’s a free music news website. don’t read items that don’t interest you. how tough is that?

jazzfester March 22, 2013, 14:47:50

Well said, Cleeet. Otherwise, let’s talk about music. I saw the Eagles last year at Jazz Fest. Good show—think of their catalogue. It is something special when everyone knows all of the lyrics. I was disappointed by the fact that they chose to hire guns from the studio ranks to play some of the guitar parts when they have a full stable of more than capable guitarists at their disposal. ...and light(en) up a little. It is Friday.

JoJo March 22, 2013, 15:50:27

Sorry, but 40 bucks for moe. or Grace Potter is 10 and 20 dollars overpriced.
And no, Phish is not worth $70

Luke March 24, 2013, 05:29:48

This band most definitely sucks and always has. Duke Ellington said something about there only being two kinds of music, good and bad. This band’s unquestionably belongs to the latter category.
I also tip my hat to the Dude for standing up for good music and refusing to ride in that taxi.
A good day to all

Ham Sammy March 25, 2013, 10:15:03

Greeks Don’t Like No Phreaks!

Bab's Uvula March 27, 2013, 12:42:13

The Eagles might as well come out with ski masks on, holding guns, and demand that the audience fork over all their money. That’d be more entertaining than listening to them pretend to sing and play their instruments.

David Homansky March 28, 2013, 18:18:49

I have to say the Eagles are a guilty pleasure of mine. They can really sing and play ,and its up to what the market will bear as to what ticket prices are. I mean why are The Black Crows covered on here cause Chris Robinson is a sort of hippie?they are as far from a jam band as you can get. I have no problem with bands charging what they can , they have to earn to keep making music.

David Homansky March 28, 2013, 18:23:15

David Homansky March 28, 2013, 20:21:30

David Homansky March 28, 2013, 20:22:19

sorry for double post

David March 29, 2013, 13:58:09

The Eagles, Walsh, Henley, JD Souther, randy Meisner, and
Glenn Frey helped define Country Rock post Gram Parsons.
Ask Levon, Dylan, Robertson, Trey, Garcia, or Gregg Allman.
How about Linda Ronstadt and Jackson Browne? From Witchey Woman thu Tom Waits Ol’55 to James Dean Hotel California Smuggler’ Blues
Eagles Steely Dan mention in a song check them out
Even in Jack Straw a pun by Hunter Eagles fill the sky

mb March 30, 2013, 20:46:26

Sorry, but pretty sure Jack Straw predates the Eagles by a few years. The Eagles started out in the Poco, Byrds/Burreto Bros mode. They got harder, and better in my opinion when Joe Walsh joined. They have their share of great songs and were always very polished. I think it’s a shame that people want to put such strict limits on the genre. Was Hendrix jamband? Traffic? Yes? King Crimson? How about more modern bands like Luna or Yo La Tango?They sure jam their asses off! Come on, there’s a lot of territory between Yonder Mountain and Particle. And if you have any doubt that Joe Walsh can “jam” check out Stop, by the James Gang. Jimi also does a nice version! I’m reminded of a Garcia quote that seems appropriate. “Even the worst music in the world doesn’t really hurt anyone.”

Shaun March 31, 2013, 11:22:36

I don’t think the line in “Jack Straw” is a reference to the Eagles any more than its a reference to the Philadelphia Eagles. The song is from around the same time that the Eagles got started, but I’m not seeing the connection. Anyhow, they had some good, and even some great, records and they had an influence on country-rock too, but I’ve gotten so tired of their songs being played over and over on multiple radio formats, not to mention pretty much any supermarket you’ve ever stepped inside. The endless “farewell” touring has become a (bad) joke. They’ve been doing that for longer than they were actually together as an active, recording band in the 70s/early 80s. Their couple of attempts at making new music over the last two decades were forgettable at best, they now tour with a “backing band” actually backing THEM up, and they’re the ones most responsible for sending ticket prices into the stratosphere. Fuck them and their overpriced nostalgia peddling. Bill above had it right… I’d much rather spend a lot less and see quality, newer acts like Grace Potter, .moe, Tedeschi Trucks, etc. Hell, the Allman Bros. don’t charge as much as the Eagles and you’re going to get a much better, longer show from them! I just wish ABB would do more tour dates in more cities.