Published: 2013/04/15

Furthur Confirm Summer and Fall Tour Dates

Furthur have confirmed their summer and fall plans. The Grateful Dead offshoot will tour the East Coast in July and focus on the West Coast this fall. Their upcoming dates include the band’s first stop at Barclays Center. The group’s July dates put them in the New York City-area the same week as Phish which can potentially lead to some interesting collaborations. As previously reported, Furthur will kick off a nine-show run at Port Chester, NY’s Capitol Theatre this evening.

Furthur’s summer and fall plans

July 11 Brooklyn, NY—Barclays Center
July 12 Holmdel, NJ—PNC Bank Arts Center
July 14 Cooperstown, NY—Doubleday Field
July 16 Gilford, NH—Meadow Brook
July 17-18 Boston, MA—Bank of America Pavilion
July 19 Canandaigua, NY—The Constellation Brands-Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center
July 20-21 Thornville, OH—All Good
September 19-22 Red Rocks, CO—Morrison, CO
September 24 Redmond, WA—Marymoor Amphitheater
September 25 Eugene, OR—Cuthbert Amphitheater
September 27-29 Berkeley, CA—Greek Theatre
October 1-2 Las Vegas, NV—The Pearl at the Palms
October 4-6 Los Angeles, CA—Greek Theatre

Comments

TCinNYC April 15, 2013, 13:14:11

The magic & for me, joy in seeing FURTHUR is catching them in intimate places. Where the music knocks the guy in the last row on his butt, just as much as the girl in the front row. Especially when you consider how many heads 44 (my age) & younger never got to see the GD in tiny places. (My smallest Dead show was St Pete’s in 88!) I personally couldn’t do an arena shows with them. Hopefully tickets for Barclay’s will be much cheaper (though i’m guessing not). Otherwise pay up & get to Portchester over the next 2 weeks. There’s magic in that room.

MSTaper April 15, 2013, 13:53:31

Once again, no southern dates on the tour. The Grateful Dead used to play the south, but the closest Further had gotten to me is Atlanta, 5 hours from where I live.
Oh well.

David N April 15, 2013, 14:12:28

I, also, am disappointed in the lack of anything near TX. I live in North Texas, but have always had to be lucky enough on the road to be near a show…which hasn’t afforded me much! Please come to Austin, where the crowds DO understand this subculture quite well!

mark April 15, 2013, 14:36:39

welp I guess I can’t go….pnc same day phish is at jones beach. bad scheduling on their part…

JohnBob April 15, 2013, 14:44:09

Both Pacific Northwest shows on weeknights, not good scheduling.

Chefxtian April 15, 2013, 14:53:20

No Southern dates? Really.. :(

Cleeet April 15, 2013, 15:39:36

East Coast dates are same as McCartney and Phish east coast tours. and announced after those two. I wanna see Phil, dang it!

Tripp April 15, 2013, 17:28:43

Do the boys remember where Hampton (i.e. “The Mothership”) is? Apparently not.

tellsemlikeIsmellsem!!!!!!! April 15, 2013, 16:47:27

you all should move out of the south…. it sucks down there anyways…

ultimatelywhogivesafuck April 15, 2013, 17:01:04

dumb dumbs

bruce April 15, 2013, 17:19:15

Yup. That’s pretty f’ked up on their part. Nothing even close to the South!

Debbie McGuigan April 15, 2013, 17:41:28

WOW...No Florida dates…BOOOOOO
I would have driven to Georgia even, but none there as well…this s#@ks

rockinrobin April 15, 2013, 18:24:58

Can’t express how bummed I am there are no southern state dates…nada…nothing even close…sucky! I mean I’m not a huge fan of the south either(even though I live here) but there are still hella heads down here…come on boyz hook us up….........

Sean April 15, 2013, 19:02:11

Why don’t these guys just do Phish after parties.

Jon April 15, 2013, 19:55:42

Yes, they are playing Eugene, Oregon. Wait, it’s on a Wednesday? Must call in sick.

Shaun April 15, 2013, 20:40:43

Except for Ohio, NO Midwest dates either? These guys (Bob and Phil, I mean) haven’t played Alpine since… Terrapin Station back in 2003? WTF? No Chicago, no Deer Creek… Great for the East and West Coast fans, but not fans in the Midwest or South.

Bumshine April 15, 2013, 21:14:35

Big agree with Shaun!
C’mon Bobby, Phil! Alpine Valley rocks…we need some non-Ohio Midwest dates.

Mark Gracia April 15, 2013, 22:51:24

Damn I thought we would get a Carolina show. Road trip.

John Seaman April 16, 2013, 01:12:23

I was praying for another 3 day stand at the Edge, Troutdale, OR. WTF!!

John S April 16, 2013, 01:13:54

Dang! I was praying for another 3 night stand at Edgefield,

Ham Sammy April 16, 2013, 08:30:26

I live in central West Florida and i’m glad they don’t play down here during the months of July or August…..it’s too friggin’ hot to play outdoors shows! But i still love it down here – wouldn’t move back up North for $1mil Spring and Fall are the best times for outdoor shows in FL.

Chad Petersen April 16, 2013, 08:37:38

As per usual…hit the coasts and fuck the rest of us. A lot of your fans live in flyover country!

Chad Petersen April 16, 2013, 08:37:46

Chad Ferraiuolo April 16, 2013, 12:24:59

Well i’m glad for the East Coast dates bu how about CT. Guys We have great venues close to three states like The Mohegan Sun Casino in CT which would pull fans from RI CT MA NY and you could a few dates there or there is Oakdale theater in Wallyworld CT or even the Meadows in Hartford CT Please find the time to visit us and I promise if you play we will come.

lynnbone April 17, 2013, 20:02:19

I agree add some mid west Nebraska?!!

Shut up April 18, 2013, 14:22:27

Quit bitching! There are only so many days these guys want to be hauled around in a bus and play music. Contrary to your opinion, playing a show in Louisville Kentucky is probably not as profitable as Red Rocks or the Greek Theatre. Wise up and be grateful these guys are still committed to playing at all.

Auk April 19, 2013, 18:11:06

No Philly show.that sucks

Auk April 19, 2013, 18:11:06

No Philly show.that sucks

Jeff Wilson April 20, 2013, 17:26:36

Hey guys be grateful these boys are still playing any where…..and playing quite well at that.

Ray April 21, 2013, 12:26:13

what happen with the berkeley shows? did they get canceled or what? not on their website anymore, this really sucks.

Josh April 21, 2013, 20:58:52

How can playing Atlanta (9th biggest city in US) be less profitable than Eugene OR or Cooperstown NY? First summer tour with no Atlanta date in 12 years. So bummed.

Bob April 23, 2013, 10:42:53

Here’s my take: there is always a fixed cost with any event…a nut you have to crack. Yes ATL may be the 9th biggest city- but venue prices,etc probably are inline with ATL being the 9th biggest city…so they’re high. When costs are high you have to be able to ensure the amount of attendees is left to generate the revenue to make a profit…though there may be a lot of dead fans in ATL it’s possible that the chances of getting them all to the show were low- thus the revenue to offset the costs was not there. I live in Dallas…I would like them to take a shot at running through the south- say a trial ballon to just gauge response. Maybe a lower cost produced show just to see if they can get heads in the seats…something.

dk70 April 23, 2013, 11:12:38

Who CAN do southern tours anymore? The traveling distances between major markets there make it cost prohibitive for the bands and therefore the promoters. Bands don’t book venues until promoters come forward with guaranteed money, Simple as that.

Jimbo April 24, 2013, 07:50:00

If the Greek shows are cancelled, the PLEASE play the FROST in Palo por favor!

Steve April 25, 2013, 15:47:59

Prices are rediculous!

PM April 26, 2013, 17:27:23

Should be called “ Beat the dead horse “ tour..Don’t you MFers censor be

Pete Schieck May 27, 2013, 05:57:51

Tour head rhetoric is definitely different, nowadays.

freddieo June 11, 2013, 09:29:38

southern dates were never high on the bands agenda, kind of a shame, but i understand. not too many alabama or mississippi shows fer sure! lucky we dwelled in colorado during the hey hey day.