Published: 2013/05/13

Allie Kral Leaves Cornmeal

Fiddler Allie Kral has announced her departure from Cornmeal. Kral, the band’s most visible member, will remain with the band through their appearance at Summer Camp over Memorial Day weekend.

A note from Kral reads:

Dear Cornmeal friends and family,

It is with incredible mixed emotion that I am announcing my departure from Cornmeal. This band has been the most significant fixture in my world for the past decade, and it has been the most difficult decision of my life thus far. I take enormous pride in what we have accomplished musically, and I cherish the shared passion and musical drive that my fellow band mates and I have. I now feel an obligation to tackle new goals, and to strive to become the best well-rounded fiddler I can possibly become.

To all our fans and family, I appreciate your loyalty, your support, and your smiles more than I can ever express. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for affecting my life in such a positive way! I hope you will all join me at Summer Camp Music Festival, as I play my last performances with the band. And to Cornmeal, our managers, our crew, and everyone behind the scenes, thank you, for a decade of the most mind-blowing, sincere moments of my life!

Your friend
Allie Kral

A note from the band reads:

It is with a heavy heart that after 10 years with Cornmeal, we say goodbye to Allie Kral. Her powerhouse presence on stage and musical chemistry with the band will be greatly missed. We wish her the best in her musical endeavors and can not thank her enough for the hard work and personal sacrifices she gave throughout her 10 years on the road. Cornmeal will be conducting a nationwide search for a fiddle replacement in the coming months and looking to get back on the road as soon as possible. Despite many of the rumors out there, Cornmeal will continue on!

Kris and JP Nowak also recently left Cornmeal. After Summer Camp, Cornmeal’s next confirmed gig will be at Scottstown, OH’s Appalachian Uprising on June 1.

Comments

Cruc1al May 13, 2013, 16:34:07

Man, this band is fallin’ apart. They’ve been going down hill for a while now IMO tho.

WOO! May 13, 2013, 17:16:14

Does this mean Allie is finally going to officially join the Giraffe Dodgers? yeeee

louie May 13, 2013, 17:46:06

Cornmeal? Really? How do you make with a name like Cornmeal? No one is ever going to admit to liking a band with that name. “Dude you have to check out Cornmeal!”

So sad May 13, 2013, 22:10:16

Actually this band rocks! How can u dog a bands name w/o knowing their tunes? Signs of a amateur to me. This is really sad. I don’t know what’s going on internally with this band that causes them to keep losing members but I’m sure gonna miss seeing them. I only hope that whatever each of them does next is as powerful as cornmeal!

louie May 14, 2013, 08:40:19

I don’t know how I am going to get through the day knowing Cornmeal is in a state of uncertainty.

big joe May 14, 2013, 08:41:26

Maybe she left because she didn’t want to be in a band with a crappy, stupid name like Cornmeal.

wooknation4lyfe May 14, 2013, 09:45:24

Seriously, this band is pretty cool. And how is anyone hating on a bluegrass band named “Cornmeal” when this whole website is dedicated to bands like “Umphrey’s McGee,” “Phish,” “The String Cheese Incident” “Leftover Salmon” etc? Those are some pretty silly band names if I do say so myself! (Love em’ all, btw).

b-ri May 14, 2013, 13:27:40

Portland bound bitches!!!! C u next friday!!!!!!!

Pete May 31, 2013, 00:38:30

incredible band…gonna miss Allie K.

Bace September 1, 2013, 09:50:26

Incredible band, they were!.... :( not so sure if they ever will be again

Timmy February 1, 2014, 19:29:26

Great band, great people,and some of the best times of my life, and to those of you who r takin shit about the name,I’m glad you haven’t seen them,wouldn’t want you around anyway!